Mini 0803 Problems / Will "NOT" Stop Recording

What was the question, camera won't stop recording after ignition is off?

Sounds like a permanently live or delayed power off socket.

If recording is stopped and the camera is displaying a red led, that means the camera is receiving power. Therefore, the socket is still live.

How did this thread carry on for so long? The op seems a bit overly aggressive.

It went on so long because the OP is testing us. He wants to know who on the forum is worthy of his attention and who he should ignore. It doesnt matter what the answer is, there is always another question around the corner devised to catch us out. What a way to make friends.............

The OP joined the forum on 10th Aug and has already posted over 230 times, make of that what you will.

Thank you very much. It is most understandable that Jokiin was trying to be helpful, and assist me. However, many times, Jokiin tried alluding to the alleged fact that my vehicle may be at fault...

Thank you very much for the advice, which I should have taken at the outset...
For anyone else who has this issue in future, it would be very helpful to finish the thread with the explanation of what the problem was and how to solve it. That is how forums like this work, everyone contributing to the knowledge base. Keeping the answer secret is never going to be appreciated...

For anyone else who has this issue in future, it would be very helpful to finish the thread with the explanation of what the problem was and how to solve it. That is how forums like this work, everyone contributing to the knowledge base. Keeping the answer secret is never going to be appreciated...
It's been a veritable Black Hole of knowledge..... information pours in but nothing useful comes out!:p
I certainly won't be holding my breath waiting for the answer to the "imaginary issues" that Synoptic12 has with 'THEIR" Mini 0803.... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

It's quite obvious to anyone that the pseudo problem is the car, not because the car has some fault but because the circuit is either constantly live or timed live after power off, every other reasonable scenario was posed prior which only left this as a possibility, I stop short of calling these things out to save making the person look stupid, my mistake for trying to be polite I guess

There's no reason to be polite with him (her?)... There were so many people here trying to be helpful, and this guy was just a pretentious prick through and through. Talk about an elitist asshat.

Comes to the forum with some fake problems, then treats everyone like worthless underlings in need of his "enlightenment". Every helpful answer came with an argument, impatience, or belittlement. Then speaks of litigation, secrets, testing forum members, and other BS.

He's someone you don't want to help even if he really needs it. Just has a very bad attitude. Screw him.

If any topic is worth of being binned, I think it's this one.

Admin?

If any topic is worth of being binned, I think it's this one.

Admin?

Fake questions do not make for a positive environment however deleting the thread only serves to hide the kind of person involved, leaving it here shows their true colours

Agree with Jokiin. We can at least learn that DCT is an awesome group of helpful, patient and knowledgable people

I stopped replying to that thread too and avoided this one for the same reasons. On other forums this thread might not have gone on this long but as GJHS mentioned people here always make an effort to be helpful and accommodating.

Last edited:
I have read most of the info about this topic, the buyer showed me this link.
Thanks very much for all of you try to solve the problem for the buyer who bought this product from foxoffer.
About the buzzing sound, the manufacturer told me before, it will happen if there is no enough power.

The buyer told me "A video can accompany the 'buzzing' or 'humming' noise associated with the camera. After resetting, and re-configuring the unit, it 'appears' to be working properly."
And ask $20 refund to bank account. We'd like to refund $10 and ship the missed hard wire kit by our mistake.
At last the buyer required full refund and shipping label. No problem for full refund after received tracking number and pay shipping cost after received the package.

But as a seller from China, I want to share some info.
1. About the refund, we can not refund to bank account, can only refund to paypal account.
2. About the return shipping cost, we can not provide shipping label(I think it can be provided in USA), but if we agree to pay the return shipping cost, definitely we will pay it after received the returned products.

Just received below info from buyer, also received negative feedback on ebay. it seems it is a very bad transaction for us.:(:mad:

"We have filed a complaint with our bank card. Again, we have no intention of sending "defective" merchandise back, as paying postage. I wish a total refund in the amount of $92.99. If you are unwilling to refund my money, including shipping costs, then just say so. This conversation is ended."

Last edited:
Thanks very much for all of you try to solve the problem for the buyer who bought this product from foxoffer.
About the buzzing sound, the manufacturer told me before, it will happen if there is no enough power.

The buyer told me "A video can accompany the 'buzzing' or 'humming' noise associated with the camera. After resetting, and re-configuring the unit, it 'appears' to be working properly."
And ask $20 refund to bank account. We'd like to refund $10 and ship the missed hard wire kit by our mistake.
At last the buyer required full refund and shipping label. No problem for full refund after received tracking number and pay shipping cost after received the package.

1. About the refund, we can not refund to bank account, can only refund to paypal account.
2. About the return shipping cost, we can not provide shipping label(I think it can be provided in USA), but if we agree to pay the return shipping cost, definitely we will pay it after received the returned products.

Just received below info from buyer, also received negative feedback on ebay. it seems it is a very bad transaction for us.:(:mad:

"We have filed a complaint with our bank card. Again, we have no intention of sending "defective" merchandise back, as paying postage. I wish a total refund in the amount of $92.99. If you are unwilling to refund my money, including shipping costs, then just say so. This conversation is ended."

Hello Billknow,

I am trying to purchase this Mini 0803 from Foxoffer, but they are not to ready to ship here in India.
"Not Available At This Time
Sorry, we are not shipping to your region at this time.
Please contact us for alternate arrangements"

So what are the alternate arrangements if you are in capacity to tell. I am ready to pay extra shipping cost (if any).I have dropped email to foxoffer but have not recieved any repsonse.

Hello Billknow,

I am trying to purchase this Mini 0803 from Foxoffer, but they are not to ready to ship here in India.
"Not Available At This Time
Sorry, we are not shipping to your region at this time.
Please contact us for alternate arrangements"

So what are the alternate arrangements if you are in capacity to tell. I am ready to pay extra shipping cost (if any).I have dropped email to foxoffer but have not recieved any repsonse.
According to our shipping rules, we don't ship to India at present. I will reply you by email about how to complete the order.

If you have read through the entire thread you will see he (Synoptic12) has not been an honest individual. Yes, he may have been having issues with his camera, but he was also fabricating problems to bring rise out of people and looking for specific responses. I honestly would not trust that he even has a defective cam at all. He may have just been lying outright to get a refund without having to send the cam back.

The fact that you offered a full refund + shipping and he still refused to send back the "defective" unit is very telling. It's quite reasonable to send a unit back when the seller agrees to cover postage as well. He is refusing to send it back, when you are offering essentially full coverage for him. This isn't some $2 phone case, it's basically $100 that he is trying to rip you off from. If a refund + shipping is covered, he has no reason not to return it to you.

I think you can dispute the issue with ebay/paypal and even refer them to this thread to prove to them how he is not being honest. I'm pretty sure he's just trying to make a fast $100 by trying to keep it and get his money back.

He has also provided no proof of the issues he is having. No videos showing the freezing, buzzing, battery shutoff etc. Only his descriptions here, and blatant lying and aggression in this thread. Make a complaint against the buyer, he is not being honest.

Maybe this thread should be locked.

Back