Mini 0803 Problems / Will "NOT" Stop Recording

Thank you very much. Would it be of any relevance as to the initial toe figure (+) as to whether the clock adjusts time per time zone? In other words, if I were in Alaska, would the clock function adjust time accordingly?
Oh brother - if you're in Alaska then you'd input -9 (or thereabouts) from GMT depending on whether they were in daylight savings time or not.

Bit like the little boy who cried wolf!. Eventually everyone will ignore your "questions"

Relatively new to this forum, which in all aspects is a very fine forum, comprised of some highly knowledgeable people. The only way to know the technical expertise of posters would be to arrange a problem, and to gather their assumptions, or 'facts'.

Oh brother - if you're in Alaska then you'd input -9 (or thereabouts) from GMT depending on whether they were in daylight savings time or not.

Not in Alaska. Thank you very much for the professional courtesy you have provided.

EST is -5 hrs from GMT. So you need -5 here, but then you probably already "KNOW" that!:p

May I ask where you acquired this information, relating to the setting of time? Could not find this information anywhere.

Thank you very much. Would it be of any relevance as to the initial toe figure (+) as to whether the clock adjusts time per time zone? In other words, if I were in Alaska, would the clock function adjust time accordingly?
Is this a trick question as part of Alaska runs on the same time as Hawaii?

The answer is going to be no, and if you turn on your GPS then you only need to set your GMT (UCT) offset.

May I ask where you acquired this information, relating to the setting of time? Could not find this information anywhere.
Mine came from FoxOffer (Shenzhen, China) with the setting at +8, which is their local time in relation to GMT.

Last edited:
Is this a trick question as part of Alaska runs on the same time as Hawaii?

The answer is going to be no, and if you turn on your GPS then you only need to set your GMT (UCT) offset.

No, no counterfeit question. I'm in EST, not GMT. What is the UTC offset?

Mine ame from FoxOffer (Shenzhen, China) with the setting at +8, which it their local time in relation to GMT.

Yes, so is the one I ordered +8 from FoxOffer. So, would I set EST at -5, and would this have any bearing as to the GPS. In other words, if I set GPS to 'on', does this negate the manual clock, or does the GPS work in unison with the clock setting?

Relatively new to this forum, which in all aspects is a very fine forum, comprised of some highly knowledgeable people. The only way to know the technical expertise of posters would be to arrange a problem, and to gather their assumptions, or 'facts'.
I'm not sure why you feel the need to "test" a Forum with a 'made up' problem and then belittle the helpful answers that are being provided....:confused:
This is a really helpful platform for people to ask their questions/provide their experiences. I'm pretty sure people on here don't want to have their time wasted.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to "test" a Forum with a 'made up' problem and then belittle the helpful answers that are being provided....:confused:
This is a really helpful platform for people to ask their questions/provide their experiences. I'm pretty sure people on here don't want to have their time wasted.

I'll leave the forum. Thank you.

I'll leave the forum. Thank you.
That decision is totally up to you.
If you actually have something useful to add to DCT then why not share it?! :confused:

No, no counterfeit question. I'm in EST, not GMT. What is the UTC offset?
Just set it so that it matches your clocks!

If you are setting it manually then I don't think it matters if you set it to +0 as long as the displayed time is correct. If you are using GPS then you will want to set your local GMT offset which should take into account daylight saving time otherwise the GPS will set it wrong.

That decision is totally up to you.
If you actually have something useful to add to DCT then why not share it?! :confused:

You are absolutely correct, but you can notice the outcry of some. This is surely where the innermost self is magnified by one's answers, or 'comments'. I'm not here to judge anyone, only trying to see just how people are, and as you can see, it does not take long, does it?

There is a possibility in releasing the information, only for people such as yourself. May PM you with the info.

Just set it so that it matches your clocks!

If you are setting it manually then I don't think it matters if you set it to +0 as long as the displayed time is correct. If you are using GPS then you will want to set your local GMT offset which should take into account daylight saving time otherwise the GPS will set it wrong.

Where is the GMT offset? Hilts said to set it at -5 for EST, which I did.

Where is the GMT offset? Hilts said to set it at -5 for EST, which I did.
Then I suspect that it doesn't match your clocks due to daylight saving time. If you look at how far out it is then you will know how much to correct it by - just like any other clock!

You are absolutely correct, but you can notice the outcry of some. This is surely where the innermost self is magnified by one's answers, or 'comments'. I'm not here to judge anyone, only trying to see just how people are, and as you can see, it does not take long, does it?

There is a possibility in releasing the information, only for people such as yourself. May PM you with the info.
I'm not sure I follow your drift - I suspect the 'signal' coming into God's Country (Wales) might be a little bit scrambled today!!
Nothing beats a little bit of etiquette though does it....
....* Still waiting for an "Answer" from the experts!
What is the question you are awaiting an "Answer" for??
Perhaps the answer is 42!!!:p

What a douchenozzle....starts asking for help, morphs into threatening lawsuits then claims to be a Secret Knower of Knowledge He Refuses to Bestow Upon the Unworthy, and Ye All Have Been Judged... I see I missed a lot being out of town most of the weekend.

Don't see why time offset would have anything to do with GPS...GPS satellites report time in UTC only since they're global. That's the only time the GPS system 'knows'. Offset is so you can see the timestamp and recording time/date in your preferred zone format as a receiver of that data.

As to his 'power' test, in my car (push button start) the accessory ports don't turn off immediately with the ignition, neither does the stereo, or electric window controls. They turn off when a door is opened after ignition is off, OR after a period of time like 3-5 min or so (which I only know because I shut the car off and sat there a few minutes finishing a phone call). On the rare occasions I forget to put it in park, or my charger cord for my phone prevents the shift lever from seating completely in park, before I shut it off, and I have to start the ignition again to sort it all out....this can almost always cause the startup cycle error due to rapid on/off power cycles, which makes sense if mount intermittent contacts can also cause it.

But I don't have a "classic car or muscle car" so clearly...I'm just blaming his wheels. :rolleyes: I have had more intermittence with my own 0803 so not entirely relying on it anymore until I can work on it a bit...suspect the mount interface since the behavior usually begins with it shutting off while driving then it reports low battery when I dismount and manually turn on. Will try shimming etc. along with my own heat sink mod. I am using a 64GB Class 10 however, might also back down on cards in case that's a contributing factor (no internal in mine). Worst comes to worst it's been a learning experience.

Back