Mobius footage - close calls and accidents. Post your videos.

I've been pondering about a rear facing cam and whether to have audio on or off.

Audio on can give an audible proof of collision even if you do not get it on video.

Here is a good example.

That is a very good example to have audio on. At first I thought the red truck on the left got you but see during your slow motion it was the red car on your right. Up to now I have been running with the audio on. Thanks for posting the video.

Audio on can give an audible proof of collision even if you do not get it on video.

Here is a good example.

Well, so what? The video demonstrates that the driver suffered an impact of "some" sort but it provides absolutely no documentation to show what actually happened that would in any way be useful to show to the police, an insurance company or to a judge in a court of law. The audio from the front facing video doesn't in any was tell the story of what occurred. For all we know from the video it might not even have been a collision; the car might have suffered a tire or wheel failure, hit some unseen object or had a mechanical problem. There's no actual proof that there was an impact with another vehicle.

So yes, it's good to capture the audio but without the video it's virtually worthless as evidence.

Last edited:
The audio would be in synch with your front facing dash cam. That would show where you have your machine at the time of the crash. As long as you are inside your lines it is obvious the other machine with matching dents hit you. Add in old fashioned testimony and you have a much better chance compared to he said she said.

I'd rather have a rear facing dash cam, thank you.

Country_Hick, I mean no disrespect but you have been a member here for four months now with 240 posts under your belt, yet by your own admission you do not own a dash cam. I can't think of another member who posts so prolifically and has been a member here for this long who doesn't own a dash cam. Time and time again you post random stuff you find on the internet and hand out advice yet it is abundantly clear from so many of your posts that you don't understand what actually owning a dash cam and driving around with it in your car is all about. Dash cams are not about "old fashioned testimony".

Last edited:
The audio would be in synch with your front facing dash cam. That would show where you have your machine at the time of the crash. As long as you are inside your lines it is obvious the other machine with matching dents hit you. Add in old fashioned testimony and you have a much better chance compared to he said she said.

Assuming the "other machine" doesn't drive away. This is why you need to have it on video, among other obvious reasons.

I was all set to get a mobius. Then the question of the lens module came up. I have been waiting to see if there is a real problem or not before I buy.

I was all set to get a mobius. Then the question of the lens module came up. I have been waiting to see if there is a real problem or not before I buy.

I understand. I just hope after all this time you don't end up in some sort of unfortunate car accident and feel like kicking yourself that you didn't have a dash cam in your car by now. Why not buy something modest in the meantime like a G1WH...anything for now until you find the one that is just right for you. You could always put the G1WH in the rear window after you get your Mobius. Never know when you might get rear ended. ;)

Last edited:

After four months you're becoming somewhat of a voyeur. You talk the talk, but don't walk the walk.

I delayed my first Mobius purchase for around a month, while researching the heat issues myth. In the interim, I used a Sony Handycam as a dashcam.

It's time to blow the dust off your credit card & buy a dashcam.

Russ, I didn't know you were another dash cam aficionado who started out with a camcorder. For me it was an old Panasonic affixed to the dashboard with a big wad of bluetac. (which worked quite well.)

Totally agree with russ331. Get something. Anything. If I were to buy now I'd buy Jokiin's
SG9665GC.
In fact I just might; soon as when monetary exchange difference narrows a bit. B U T I'll still keep my Mobius.

you even matched the colour with the car, how cute :p

btw, sound has helped me in my situation, where the guy hit my door, i wouldnt even notice if there was no sound while i was fast forwarding throught the footage, as he was parked next to me outside FOV, and when i found the guy, it wasnt even necessary for him to see the video in order to pay me, i described his clothes(seen him while passing in front of my car in some yellow hoodie LOL) and even heard him(window was slightly open) commenting to the driver how he parked so close that he cant open the rear door just after he hit my door

Last edited:
First time uploading to YouTube.

Trucker wants his lane and part of mine which I gladly gave up. I saw him coming in my outside mirror. A little close but the truck moved back into his lane.

I wonder if he was texting or just distracted.

I don't know. It could have been his load and the road making him drift over. His load did shift over looking at the top piece.

Sorry to learn of your misfortune. Hope you weren't hurt. Any plans to install a rear facing camera?

OMG Bob! Not again! Hope you are OK. Russ is right, you should have a rear facing camera (I think everyone should). Then again, the law of averages would seem to dictate that this will never ever happen to you again. (well, I hope so)

Lucky you didn't hit the AMG Merc Bob, would have cost you a fortune.

What a bummer Bob!
I hope you didn't get whiplash from that impact.
Three times? It seems your car is invisible to some drivers.

I've been pondering about a rear facing cam and whether to have audio on or off.

Thanks everyone, I'm OK, no whiplash or pain from the accident. I really want to install a rear facing camera, but my wife is against it. I'm not really sure why she's so against it, but that's her reaction.

Here's one where I was rear ended AGAIN. $%^$^& three times in about a year. The audio after the impact was edited out because you do NOT want to hear what I said.

Car magnet :S

Back