Mobius footage - close calls and accidents. Post your videos.

somewhat close calls
+ you can see new revised c lens ultrasuper rainbow effect at night around bright light sources

1st careless woman with a cigarette
2nd insane bycilclist, + rainbow colours

Typical red-light running turn-lane-wall in Jacksonville, FL. I've called out Champion Brands Inc. (Last vehicle in the line) on their Twitter/Facebook but no reply.

Filmed 1-800-Got-Junk driving down the road littering. Reported to their twitter and they seemed to take interest in correcting.

Last edited:
Very close call this one.
The first car(White Toyota Camry) that turned right was pretty close in my books,but I did not expect the car behind(Toyota Tarago) to follow it.
That was downright dangerous and I did my best to avoid another collision(for my mrs sake plus this is the rental we picked up earlier today) with the ABS working overtime.
Considering my mrs was in an accident 3 days ago,this really made her jump.
Video footage seems very grainy.
Is it normal for Mobius video footage to deteriorate over time?

your video is set to private so can't see it, but my Mobius got out of focus after sometime.

Well it happened today, my first accident with the camera. I was in my lane at a merge and I saw him at my left rear passenger door. I was expecting him to slow down or stop, no, instead he drives into me. I pulled over and as normal here, he didn't stop. So I chased him to get the plate like last time, except this time I have video proof. Here if someone doesn't stay for an accident the insurance won't pay you anything. The previous accident I got the plate yet the insurance said it was wrong, now there is no doubt.

I checked the car and luckily it was a rub and not a dent, so now to decide if it's worth it since clearly the insurance companies here love cheaters and are looking for a way not to pay.

GJHS, if you drive from an accident scene or such here in Denmark, then its considered a hit and run here which just compounds the sentences/fines. Im surprised the same doesn't goes in the USoA. And sorry for responding to such an old post :p

Thankfully my mobius hasn't recorded any close calls or not what I would call close calls. I do however have a lot of footage of people driving like sh*t, ie cutting other people off etc. And if people want to see any of that I can go look it over. Worst part of that footage is that it was recorded while we were in a motorcade of police cars, 5 travelling in a convoy across country. Didn't stop people from driving like crazy sadly....

Had a close one tonight, watch the outside lane. I'm glad they didn't hit the tanker in the inside lane. It gets. Interesting 30 seconds in.

M62 Birchwood Road Rage 4/8/2015:

the stupidity... OMG

1st: The blue Ford and the bus trying to enter the ring road ... despite the fact that they had the "Right Turn Only" sign.

2nd: Parked cars on the left, oncoming car with headlights on high beam on my lane...no right of way for me, i guess.

Whew, some of these videos are insane. I don't have any accident videos to contribute yet, I was in my other car (no dash cam) last week when the village idiot ran into me. "No incidents for 643 days." It was my world record over the past 5 years. Ruined.

I'll have plenty of idiot videos, I think this is the year SC goes from #2 worst state to drive in to #1 - I can feel it.

Did a time lapse using my Mobius C Camera Lens. I have a setup with a camera on the front windscreen, and one mounted on the rear. When I first installed them, I noticed my radio reception was completely obliterated. Obviously there was a lot of noise travelling through the DC cable. My car has the antenna on the rear window glass. As a result I got 4 ferrite core clamps and wound the cable 4 times around it at both ends of the cable, so there was 2 ferrite cores on each lead. Problem solved, perfect radio reception.

Here's a time lapse video I did travelling from Hervey Bay QLD, to QLD Raceway in Ipswich. I used avidemux to do the post processing.

Rain - never a good thing where I live. All the idiots come out- tailgating, speeding and not driving to the conditions.... or the limitations of their 4WD (see below!) I'm guessing it might have A/T tyres (or worse fitted) given the front bull bar.

Even with the rain on the rear window I was able to get the registration. (Camera is a Mobius A lens. I love the tighter viewing angle of the A lens.)

Rain - never a good thing where I live. All the idiots come out- tailgating, speeding and not driving to the conditions.... or the limitations of their 4WD (see below!) I'm guessing it might have A/T tyres (or worse fitted) given the front bull bar.

Even with the rain on the rear window I was able to get the registration. (Camera is a Mobius A lens. I love the tighter viewing angle of the A lens.)

Why did you cut him off??? I watched that video a number of times and see you crossing over into his lane as you turn. He was avoiding you and almost crashed because of you.
Or are you the "Toyota 4WD sliding on wet road"? If so, you should drive more carefully as you almost caused another car to crash since you were not driving to the conditions.

Why did you cut him off??? I watched that video a number of times and see you crossing over into his lane as you turn. He was avoiding you and almost crashed because of you.
Or are you the "Toyota 4WD sliding on wet road"? If so, you should drive more carefully as you almost caused another car to crash since you were not driving to the conditions.

Yes, I noticed the video appears to give that impression. The camera is angled downwards and I think the lens distortion has come into play, I may have had my rear wheels close to the line but wasn't "cutting them off". I'll see if I've still got the front camera footage.

(Having said that, I was acutely aware of the other vehicle suddenly speeding up as it entered the intersection and was concerned about them sliding into the side of me. So I didn't slow down as much as I would have liked to- in order to stay ahead and avoid contact. I don't know why they suddenly accelerated entering the intersection.)

Back