Mobius Maxi 4K Action Camera / Dashcam

I'm not clear why you are shooting 1920 x 1080 (1080p) 30fps of a 4K camera at medium quality. I'm sure you have your reasons.

The first thing I would try is a different memory card perhaps at least 64 GB or even 128 GB and use something other than the EVO PLus. The Maxi 4K may not like the Samsing EVO PLUS. This may be more than you need but it "may" fix your problem.

Then I would try different settings. Have you tried shooting at different resolutions? You should. See what happens. Try the default 4K the camera was built for, for example, and then other resolutions. Same with video quality. Troubleshooting is a process of elimination, so try one step at a time and then change the next parameter.
okay. I have 64gb's available. This was not an issue last time I used the cams the prior weekend. Same cards in the cameras. Also, the resolutions all match each other at the 1920x1080 (1080p) 30fps. The three cams all end up at the same use and free space this way. The video software likes all resolutions to be same. The extra resolution of the Max would be nice, but the vids are quite acceptable and the file sizes of each race pretty easy to work with.

It's file system limitation.
FAT32 file system allows to store files up to ~4GB.

You can format the card to "exFAT" file system which stands for extended FAT and allows to store files larger then 4GB.

The Mobius supports only those 2 file formats.

I recommand using "sd format" or "minitool partition magic" software. It's free.

Edit: the MM4K built in format may format cards larger than 32GB to exFAT but I'm not sure, need to check documentation.

okay. I have 64gb's available. This was not an issue last time I used the cams the prior weekend. Same cards in the cameras. Also, the resolutions all match each other at the 1920x1080 (1080p) 30fps. The three cams all end up at the same use and free space this way. The video software likes all resolutions to be same. The extra resolution of the Max would be nice, but the vids are quite acceptable and the file sizes of each race pretty easy to work with.

You asked for some advice so I offered a couple of troubleshooting ideas such as trying the default resolution as a test to see if anything changes with your issue. I wasn't suggesting you necessarily leave it at 4K if you wanted to shoot at 1080p.
Also the Samsung EVO Plus is not known to be a good match for the Maxi 4K so I suggested changing that too. 64 GB or higher would also be a better match for your camera.

Unless you are willing to do some methodical troubleshooting steps you will not likely figure out what your problem is.

It's file system limitation.
FAT32 file system allows to store files up to ~4GB.

You can format the card to "exFAT" file system which stands for extended FAT and allows to store files larger then 4GB.
(y)

1694002552014.png

Back