Mobius Maxi Support Thread

FIXED
I have my built in webcam turn off and covered with tape.
Turned on camera, allowed app access, now it comes through.

Twice ??? "_

Now my other webcam Apps also work with the Maxi.
Yippee :)

Attachments

• Mobius Maxi Fixed.jpg
    Mobius Maxi Fixed.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Windows 10 Camera settings.jpg
    Windows 10 Camera settings.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
FIXED
I have my built in webcam turn off and covered with tape.
Turned on camera, allowed app access, now it comes through.

Twice ??? "_
It looks like there are some things for the mSetup developer @Isoprop to address with the Maxi

Can you now see the webcam output from the camera?

Yes, works with CyberLink Youcam and
VLC

It was Windows 10 security settings that prevented apps from accessing my built-in webcam (internal USB) and the Maxi.

@Rocketvapor did I also read that your Maxi was not focused correctly when you received it?

It looks like there are some things for the mSetup developer @Isoprop to address with the Maxi

I reported the problem to Peter already, do you have the same issue where you need to push the reset button on the camera after using Msetup or it won't work correctly?

Changed mode 1 video, and the 50/60hz to 60.
"You May Now Disconnect Your Camera"
5 Beeps, shut down.

I'll need to play some more, but I'm tickled (also tired) :)

I reported the problem to Peter already, do you have the same issue where you need to push the reset button on the camera after using Msetup or it won't work correctly?
No, I have not had that problem at all.

Tony,
It was all blurred out. After a couple times I noticed my finger was almost in focus :)
All good now.
I'll experiment over the next couple of days but really didn't want to try anything strange until I knew how to work this thing.
Checked my mode 1 resolution change and it worked.

Went in and flipped video setting.
Got out, recorded a short video, turned off.
Connected, mass storage mode, yup, video upside down.
That's twice into mSetup and out with no issues.

Works like a webcam, click, mass storage, click, webcam.
Sort of what I was hoping for.

Last edited:
Changed Youcam resolution settings and went full screen camera locked up, had to reset.
Tried again, no problem.

Now for the weird part. When I set a high resolution on the YouCam viewer, then go Full Screen,
The video is shown in a transparent mode.
All my Desktop shows through.
Something with my display adapter and webcam software. Weird :)
Maybe some pics tomorrow if it still does it.

Some more full screen and high res and I got the camera to lock up again. Solid Blue. Reset.
I guess I need to stop playing with it. Some communication sent back from the computer to the camera is locking it up when I play with the viewer.

G'Night Ya'll

Last edited:
I have not tried any webcam software. I simply use the 'Camera' app in Windows 10 and it shows up just fine.

I've tried on two different PC's with the same result, Peter seemed to think it was a settings issue but I'm not convinced that is the case
The only time I used the reset button was when the camera locked up during testing with beta FW, which was caused by issues with loop recording. My camera has been completely stable on the current FW v1.85.

It's stable when working, the issue has only been when disconnecting from the computer after using Msetup, it won't auto record, lights indicate something is happening but it's basically non responsive, can't turn it off etc, once the reset button is pushed it's business as usual

The problem with the Mini/Maxi is that they use the iCatch driver which has an extremely complicated and totally unnecessary protocol. Ever since the #3 808 days (iCatch was then SunPlus) I have never been a fan of their proprietary USB protocols.
But that's the way it is. If Webcam mode works, then mSetup will also work.

If you re-install the firmware the camera will be reset to it's default values.
If you now run mSetup and ONLY update the date and time when the yellow warning message appears then no parameter settings will be updated, only the date and time. Don't click the 'Set Parameters' because this will write the parameters together with the date/time. Do you still need to press the reset button?
If all is OK, then click the 'Set Parameters' without changing anything. Theoretically all parameters should then be default and you should not need to press the reset button. If you need to press the reset button you could try increasing the Maxi USB timing in Tools->Advanced Settings although I doubt this will help.

The firmware is very picky about the parameters. If there are invalid parameter combinations or a parameter is not valid then the camera may not perform as expected. mSetup checks there is no conflict, but there's always a remote possibility that something gets missed. During my extensive parameter testing I have not had to press the reset button while using mSetup for at least the last two months.

Thanks for the detailed description of the issue, I'll have a look at it over the weekend and see how it goes

The firmware is very picky about the parameters. If there are invalid parameter combinations or a parameter is not valid then the camera may not perform as expected. mSetup checks there is no conflict, but there's always a remote possibility that something gets missed. During my extensive parameter testing I have not had to press the reset button while using mSetup for at least the last two months.

I did notice that the different shutdown options I tried didn't work, 10 seconds or 30 seconds still resulted in immediate shutdown at power off

I did notice that the different shutdown options I tried didn't work, 10 seconds or 30 seconds still resulted in immediate shutdown at power off
I spent many, many hours checking the parameters but, as you know, it's impossible to check all combinations.
I well remember checking all the shutdown options because we had completely different options in the firmware a few months ago. Unfortunately, it wasn't possible to correctly implement the functionality in the FW in the short term so the developer decided on the current settings.
I have just checked both the 10sec and the 30sec options and they both work perfectly with my camera.
I have a suspicion that your camera doesn't understand the parameters properly, for whatever reason. If you tried on two different PCs then the possibility of a hardware problem can't be ruled out. Please do re-install the FW so you can be sure it's not corrupted and start without changing any parameters.
You can then try by changing one single parameter and then generate a config file to confirm the parameter has 'taken'. That's the way I do it - very, very time consuming!

I spent many, many hours checking the parameters but, as you know, it's impossible to check all combinations.
I well remember checking all the shutdown options because we had completely different options in the firmware a few months ago. Unfortunately, it wasn't possible to correctly implement the functionality in the FW in the short term so the developer decided on the current settings.
I have just checked both the 10sec and the 30sec options and they both work perfectly with my camera.
I have a suspicion that your camera doesn't understand the parameters properly, for whatever reason. If you tried on two different PCs then the possibility of a hardware problem can't be ruled out. Please do re-install the FW so you can be sure it's not corrupted and start without changing any parameters.
You can then try by changing one single parameter and then generate a config file to confirm the parameter has 'taken'. That's the way I do it - very, very time consuming!

the camera otherwise works fine, it actually prompted me to install an updated firmware which was the version that was already installed, it didn't however work, the LED flashes never followed what was written in the instructions

firmware update.png

firmware error.png

error.png

the camera otherwise works fine, it actually prompted me to install an updated firmware which was the version that was already installed, it didn't however work, the LED flashes never followed what was written in the instructions
Have you checked you are running the latest version of mSetup? Those FW update instructions have recently been revised. There was a missing line of code that identified the Maxi. These particular instructions are for a different camera.

The error messages were from the day it arrived, Msetup was updated the next day, it still has issues though even with the latest version

Back