Mobius Maxi Support Thread

Yeah I know, I have a 4K lens, but small aperture.

I did try the GitUp F1 at 4K/30 with the F1.2, and it's not quite what you'd want indeed.....

That almost looks out of focus. At least the exposure is good! :)

Yeah, the resolution of the lens really needs to match the sensor. I'm always amazed at how much better the 5MP varifocal looks on the M1 than the 3MP varifocal, even though the 3MP is not bad at all.

Haven't used the M1 for a while now.... a shame really, it's a good thingie.

I've been testing a Maxi 4K for a few months with a new F1.5 lens, and overall I'm happy with the results both day & night. I'm expecting Mobius to release that version sometime soon.

The battery-based MM4K is proving to be very reliable.

I have experienced some issues with a capacitor version and I'm working with Mobius to resolve this.
Hi,
I'm not an expert, what are the benefits of the F1.5?

Hi,
I'm not an expert, what are the benefits of the F1.5?

The ƒ/1.5 lens has a wider aperture than many other similar lenses. The lens would be described as "faster". This means the lens lets in more light than a lens with a smaller aperture such as an ƒ/2.0 for example. The result will be better images in lower light and potentially less motion blur when capturing moving objects.

The ƒ/1.5 lens has a wider aperture than many other similar lenses. The lens would be described as "faster". This means the lens lets in more light than a lens with a smaller aperture such as an ƒ/2.0 for example. The result will be better images in lower light and potentially less motion blur when capturing moving objects.
ok I understand, the only important flaw on mmk4 is that with medium or low resolutions, for example 1440p @ 30 I notice that if I move the camera to the right or left the frames are quite blurry, for example the license plates cannot be read anymore, especially at sides, compared with a cheap sport 2k and fov 170, despite the general quality being much lower than the mm4k, everything is always in focus, especially in car license plates, do you think it is a problem of cpu Mobius slow to capture or is it precisely the F2 .8 too slow?

ok I understand, the only important flaw on mmk4 is that with medium or low resolutions, for example 1440p @ 30 I notice that if I move the camera to the right or left the frames are quite blurry, for example the license plates cannot be read anymore, especially at sides, compared with a cheap sport 2k and fov 170, despite the general quality being much lower than the mm4k, everything is always in focus, especially in car license plates, do you think it is a problem of cpu Mobius slow to capture or is it precisely the F2 .8 too slow?

I don't (yet) own a MM4K so it's hard for me to say for certain, especially because I haven't seen the images you are describing. @TonyM is the member here with the most MM4K experience.

I don't (yet) own a MM4K so it's hard for me to say for certain, especially because I haven't seen the images you are describing. @TonyM is the member here with the most MM4K experience.
it is strange, with 4k it is very clear, already at 2.5k everything is very blurry, idem on full hd, i attach an example(frame taken from the video, at speed of about 20km/h on bike)

Attachments

• 1111.jpg
    1111.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 222222.jpg
    222222.jpg
    538.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 333.jpg
    333.jpg
    415.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
OK, yes that is motion blur. Keep in mind that the less sharp 2.7K image on the left appears to be taken on a more overcast day in lower light and that will increase the effect.

I'm guessing the F1.5 lens for the Maxi 2.7 would not work properly since there's 4K sensor?
I tested that combination a while ago. Probably posted something in the MM4K thread about it. It's not sharp enough out to the edges of the frame. The new F1.5 lens is much better, although it has a narrower angle of view.

Could you elaborate some more or what you mean by "some issues"?
The capacitors are hardwired to the PCB. It's a new hardware solution that needs to be refined. The power draw on cold boot is higher than any camera I've used before.

The capacitors are hardwired to the PCB. It's a new hardware solution that needs to be refined. The power draw on cold boot is higher than any camera I've used before.

What are the symptoms that manifest from the higher power draw?

OK, yes that is motion blur. Keep in mind that the less sharp 2.7K image on the left appears to be taken on a more overcast day in lower light and that will increase the effect.
yes, motion blur that increases if it gets dark, just so as not to discredit the machine, in 4k it is less noticeable and in other resolutions it is resolved by putting 60fps, I always have the doubt if putting a fast lens like 1.5 can decrease the motion blur , I read that this lens is also used for sports and therefore fast movements.

Just to ease my curiousity, is there a setting for the first MM4 (not 4K) that seems most stable with the least "freezes"...?

Not sure what the MM4 is?

There was the original Mobius 1 (M1), the Mobius 2 (M2), the Mobius Maxi (MM) and the Mobius Maxi 4K (MM4K).

I'm guessing you mean the Mobius Maxi.

In my experience, the most stable setting on the MM with the least number of freezes was "OFF".

Periodic random freezes were fairly common and then during a firmware update it bricked itself. (My understanding is that most bricked MMs occurred during firmware updates.)

Last edited:
Back