Mobius requests

Not sure about the B lens in particular but I dont know why you cant do something similar to what people have done with the A lens above. If it works well you can post the results :)

Placing the lens as close as possible to the windshield will help and many people have constructed their own brackets for this purpose. When I have time I'll have to do the same at some point. Currently thinking of a 14k bracket...

Not sure about the B lens in particular but I dont know why you cant do something similar to what people have done with the A lens above. If it works well you can post the results :)

Placing the lens as close as possible to the windshield will help and many people have constructed their own brackets for this purpose. When I have time I'll have to do the same at some point. Currently thinking of a 14k bracket...
I've read a couple of the DIY polarizers with cut out from 3D glasses but they don't seem like a permanent solution.
Well,common sense tells me they wouldn't last very long due to being exposed to the sun and heat inside of your vehicle.
I'm after the B&W(glass) or similar type filter and not the DIY ones.:)

I've read a couple of the DIY polarizers with cut out from 3D glasses but they don't seem like a permanent solution.
Well,common sense tells me they wouldn't last very long due to being exposed to the sun and heat inside of your vehicle.
I'm after the B&W(glass) or similar type filter and not the DIY ones.:)
I'm going the movie glass route. If the heat melts it then my Mobius shouldn't be left in the car. It's a simple and effective solution that fits perfect and is so cheap I can have a few. Easy on and easy off.
I can't see paying $30 for a filter for a $70 camera when free is included with the Mobius and my movie.

I'm going the movie glass route. If the heat melts it then my Mobius shouldn't be left in the car. It's a simple and effective solution that fits perfect and is so cheap I can have a few. Easy on and easy off.
I can't see paying $30 for a filter for a $70 camera when free is included with the Mobius and my movie.
Yeah,by all means mate,go for it.:)
It's just that I like the set and forget method and not having to worry about repairs(replacing lens due to damage).

But you cant forget it, unless you are not driving at night.

Last edited:
But you cant forget it, unless you are not driving at night.
I did mention this > "not having to worry about repairs(replacing lens due to damage)".
I refer the "set and forget" by using a glass polarizer therefore negating the process of having to replace the "3D plastic lens" if it were to break/wear.
Yes,I have read and understand the polarizer needs to be removed at night because users noted that their footage being too dark? due to a reduction in light passing through the aperture.

@atomicorion

Sorry, my confusion.

Guess you'll just have to get a B&W one and muck in. Lets us know how it goes!

Last edited by a moderator:
@atomicorion

Sorry, my confusion.

Guess you'll just have to get a B&W one and muck in. Lets us know how it goes!
Nah,all good mate:).
Thing is though,i've seen others hack/drill to enlarge the A lens casing to fit the polarizer.
But with the B lens,it protrudes out of the casing.
So yeah,just checkin to see if anyone has done something similar with the B lens is all.
Otherwise i'll have to see what options there are.

Nah,all good mate:).
Thing is though,i've seen others hack/drill to enlarge the A lens casing to fit the polarizer.
But with the B lens,it protrudes out of the casing.
So yeah,just checkin to see if anyone has done something similar with the B lens is all.
Otherwise i'll have to see what options there are.

Check out the RC forum and search the thread. There are some filter ideas there as well.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1904559

Check out this post.

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/polarising-filter-done.2776/#post-31722

Murcod also tried the b&W filter and found it would not fit. So he used it with a spare lens cap...

Negative, I'm using the B&W and haven't experimented with the lens caps. The case needs to be pulled apart and the aperture for the Mobius lens enlarged - big enough for the B&W filter magnetic ring to stick directly onto the Mobius lens surround. You will then have negligible (to no) shadowing from the filter.

A point to note is night footage will be ruined- and playing around with the exposure setting didn't help me much at all. (If there isn't enough light getting to the sensor then software isn't going to magically make it appear.)

Another point is the filter will need to be rotated to determine the exact position where it will filter out the reflections- just fitting it and not aligning it will not produce good results. So, it could be a PITA removing and refitting it all the time if you do regular night driving.

Negative, I'm using the B&W and haven't experimented with the lens caps. The case needs to be pulled apart and the aperture for the Mobius lens enlarged - big enough for the B&W filter magnetic ring to stick directly onto the Mobius lens surround. You will then have negligible (to no) shadowing from the filter.

A point to note is night footage will be ruined- and playing around with the exposure setting didn't help me much at all. (If there isn't enough light getting to the sensor then software isn't going to magically make it appear.)

Another point is the filter will need to be rotated to determine the exact position where it will filter out the reflections- just fitting it and not aligning it will not produce good results. So, it could be a PITA removing and refitting it all the time if you do regular night driving.
I take it you're referring to the A lens mate? I've got the B lens and have purchased the B&W filter(still awaiting delivery) and may have probs fitting it to the lens as well as the B lens protrudes out whereas the A lens is recessed. We'll have to wait and see when the filter arrives:)

I honestly don't like your chances of it working satisfactorily with the wide angle Mobius lens (assuming your talking about the same model B&W lens - Smart Pro C- pol 1074941 ?) It's borderline for the normal A lens-> as far as cutting the edges of the video frame. The B lens also appear to be substantially larger in diameter, which will complicate things even more.

Unfortunately, even doing that and sticking the magnetic ring directly on the mobius, I still had too much shadowing in the corners. It just wouldn't go close enough to the lens.

@Isoprop

From a comment @GJHS made in another thread:

I think we are all hoping for an button press setting to turn on MD rather tan having to set it and use all the time.

Is this possible? Can MD mode setting be part of the mode button sequence?

i.e Video mode 1 > video mode 2 > picture mode > Motion detect mode

If only 3 options can be programmed I'd be happy to loose video mode 2 option, does anyone use this?

Apologies if this has already been discussed

Bug in Ver 1.20
I posted the bug on the Mobius discussion page but so far it's not gained any traction. After updating the firmware from 1.17 to 1.20 my Mobius repeatedly shut down 20 seconds after the 2011 Explorer was placed in drive. Changing the firmware back to 1.17 solved the problem. I don't know what sort of signals the car is sending or what the Mobius expects but it is a bug worth noting...at least for the Ford line.

Sorry if I'm posting to the wrong thread.

Regards,
Steve

Bug in Ver 1.20
I posted the bug on the Mobius discussion page but so far it's not gained any traction. After updating the firmware from 1.17 to 1.20 my Mobius repeatedly shut down 20 seconds after the 2011 Explorer was placed in drive. Changing the firmware back to 1.17 solved the problem. I don't know what sort of signals the car is sending or what the Mobius expects but it is a bug worth noting...at least for the Ford line.

Sorry if I'm posting to the wrong thread.

Regards,
Steve
You are right. It has also been brought to my notice that if power is interrupted once the camera is recording it will shut down. I have tested this situation and confirmed it. The developer is aware of the problem.

I would like to see the .MOV files written straight to the DCIM folder instead of to DCIM\100HDDVR. This would give anybody with an iPad the ability to review recorded footage at the roadside, assuming that they have their iPad with them.
Using an adapter, the iPad will import jpg's and .MOV files using a USB cable or directly from a TF/SD card but only if they are in the DCIM folder.

I would like to see the .MOV files written straight to the DCIM folder instead of to DCIM\100HDDVR. This would give anybody with an iPad the ability to review recorded footage at the roadside, assuming that they have their iPad with them.
Using an adapter, the iPad will import jpg's and .MOV files using a USB cable or directly from a TF/SD card but only if they are in the DCIM folder.

I have no problem importing .MOV files into my iPad directly from a microSD card (and SD adapter) by using the Apple Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader. The 100HDDVR folder is not an issue. As far as I know, without the proprietary Apple connector you can't directly import these files no matter what directory structure is used.

Last edited:
Back