Mobius rival -Stylish INNOVV™ C1 from #808 family. 1080p 30fps WDR G-sensor action- dash camera

I wrote this too sometime again. I have some Sony and Sanyo cables into my house which I will never use them again and which remembered me how Sony Video cameras fan I was. Of course were some things I didn't like at Sony, but none of them killed my desire.

If the micro USB cable used by Innovv have some name like UC E6, they should write on their website something like UC E6 MicroUSB cable.

Also if they used a non standard connector, they must always be sure the buyer have all needed cables. Regarding charging, the camera can be charged with any of their 3 cables so if any of them will break sometime the camera can be charged by the other two.
Also the Innovv developer must assure his american and european partners always can sell one of these cables because the only real problem is the shipping time.
And as a camera developer is more easy for camera programming to have more pins. I think the Mobius developer already know this when programming a lot of firmware requests.

enjoy,
Mtz

If the micro USB cable used by Innovv have some name like UC E6, they should write on their website something like UC E6 MicroUSB cable.

Also if they used a non standard connector, they must always be sure the buyer have all needed cables. Regarding charging, the camera can be charged with any of their 3 cables so if any of them will break sometime the camera can be charged by the other two.
Also the Innovv developer must assure his american and european partners always can sell one of these cables because the only real problem is the shipping time.
And as a camera developer is more easy for camera programming to have more pins. I think the Mobius developer already know this when programming a lot of firmware requests.

enjoy,
Mtz
You are right, it is much more difficult to program the firmware when you only have a few pins at your disposal. You also need a clever hardware design. One pin is all that is needed as a hardware "sense" pin. This is how the Mobius knows if it is connected to a USB device or a an external Video + Audio. It would also be possible to design the "sense" pin to detect different voltages, allowing even more functionality.
On the firmware side, the difficulty lies in detecting if the USB data pins are active or not. This too could be expanded by using a proprietry simple USB handshaking allowing unlimited external control.
Like you say, it's a lot of work!

That's good to know.

If the website list "proprietary usb cable" it would be more accurate.

To get all Innovv lovers together,
Now we are creating the program- The hobbyist, The video.
All Innovv lovers will be invited to record and collect video clips, which would be fun, nice, interesting, or whatever people like. and the video clips will uploaded to Innovv ActionCam Channel.

The details can refer the blog, http://innovvactioncam.blogspot.nl/2...ist-group.html

Sharing+and+fun.JPG

Got mine today. Weather too cold here to be outside more than 5 minutes. Camera is beautiful and looks like more than a $69 camera. Video quality is pretty good too. Looking forward to using this "in the wild" on my motorcycle.

The sooner your HW developer accepts his mistake and uses a standard USB (mini or micro, but mini is more solid) the better. ;).

Just found some information from Wikipedia about Mini and Micro connectors. Looks like Micro connector is the future?

"The Micro-USB connector was announced by the USB-IF on 4 January 2007.[45] The Mini-A connector and the Mini-AB receptacle connector were deprecated on 23 May 2007.[46] While many currently available devices and cables still use Mini plugs, the newer Micro connectors are being widely adopted and as of December 2010, they are the most widely used[citation needed]. The thinner micro connectors are intended to replace the Mini plugs in new devices including smartphones, personal digital assistants, and cameras.[47] The Micro plug design is rated for at least 10,000 connect-disconnect cycles—significantly more than the Mini plug design.[48] It is also designed to reduce the mechanical wear on the device; instead the easier-to-replace cable is designed to bear the mechanical wear of connection and disconnection."

For full context: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usb

the down side of the micro connector in my view is that due to the size people often try and put it upside down and mash the connector in the process, it doesn't have the physical strength to cope with the error and then you end up with a busted product

for the 10,000 connect-disconnect cycles and the wear meant to be happening on the cable there sure are a lot of frustrated Samsung phone users, very common issue for them

Really lol I have been using Samsung phones an never had a problem. BlackBerrys, htc devices all my bt headset, even my ps4 us this micro usb and I have never had a broken plug or cable. Just to be clear the real micro usb.

Note 3

Really lol I have been using Samsung phones an never had a problem. BlackBerrys, htc devices all my bt headset, even my ps4 us this micro usb and I have never had a broken plug or cable. Just to be clear the real micro usb.

Note 3

heaps of people smash them on the Samsung, like anything you hear about it more from Samsung only because there's more of them, it's not a Samsung issue but just ham fisted users trying to plug cables in the wrong way, it's a great connector because it allows for smaller form factors, it's just not doofus proof unfortunately

heaps of people smash them on the Samsung, like anything you hear about it more from Samsung only because there's more of them, it's not a Samsung issue but just ham fisted users trying to plug cables in the wrong way, it's a great connector because it allows for smaller form factors, it's just not doofus proof unfortunately

The micro USB is the most common and more solid serial connector for small and portable devices. For those who're trying to plug it into the wrong way it's recommended to go with RS-232. Mini USB will not help them at all.

Keep updated, For DashCam User, may for reference:)

The C1 Weather Proof Case is released. It is made by high quality acrylic, 100% handmade.
For easy using, the screws are very special, custom designed and ordered.
But now we only can say it is weather proof, not water proof.

We are thinking how to improve the water resistance, and hope people also can give us the ideas
smile.gif

The buying link on website,
http://www.innovv.com/#!product/prd1...her-proof-case

4a7279_735fadecae9b401490c071fc99e598a0.jpg_srz_p_400_300_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

4a7279_176f7b9f257240b79dc6e9501356d5a6.jpg_srz_p_400_300_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

the down side of the micro connector in my view is that due to the size people often try and put it upside down and mash the connector in the process, it doesn't have the physical strength to cope with the error and then you end up with a busted product

for the 10,000 connect-disconnect cycles and the wear meant to be happening on the cable there sure are a lot of frustrated Samsung phone users, very common issue for them
Some people prefer the Micro, some prefer the Mini, but I have to agree that the micro is much more subject to breakage then the mini. Accepted, it does offer a better physical connection.
I have connected/disconnected both of these types of connectors thousands of times, and I dislike the micro simply because it's so easy to break!
I also thought that most devices now come with the micro, so I was very surprised when I picked up a new Canon point-and-shoot camera and found, to my pleasure, that it uses a mini.
Opinions will always vary, but I would prefer a plug where I don't have to worry that I will break my device each time I connect it. The mini plug and socket are both much easier to solder, so even if the socket would fail it's much easier to replace. A busted micro will usually also tear away the copper track to which it is soldered, making a repair all but impossible.
As I see it, the only advantage of the micro is the better physical connection and the smaller size which is advantageous to the HW manufacturer but disadvantageous to the end-user.
The mini is much more robust, easier to solder and much easier to connect. Without a doubt it is better for DIY.
FWIW, I also belong to the group of frustrated phone users who have broken their micro - albeit not a Samsung!

Some people prefer the Micro, some prefer the Mini, but I have to agree that the micro is much more subject to breakage then the mini. Accepted, it does offer a better physical connection.

No, much more people prefer to the Micro. Some...and...some..is so woolly :) Fact: The whole industry has changed to microUSB*. Why? MicroUSB* is the better standard and miniUSB* is outdated ;-)

I have connected/disconnected both of these types of connectors thousands of times, and I dislike the micro simply because it's so easy to break!

Examples?

I also thought that most devices now come with the micro, so I was very surprised when I picked up a new Canon point-and-shoot camera and found, to my pleasure, that it uses a mini.

As the connector type seems to be very important for you, haven't you notice this before?

Opinions will always vary, but I would prefer a plug where I don't have to worry that I will break my device each time I connect it. The mini plug and socket are both much easier to solder, so even if the socket would fail it's much easier to replace. A busted micro will usually also tear away the copper track to which it is soldered, making a repair all but impossible.

I don't think that the most of consumers are able to solder a miniUSB* onto the PCB, but those peoples who are able to solder it they are also able to connect/disconnect a microUSB* connector. Fact: MicroUSB* is the more proven and reliable standard.

As I see it, the only advantage of the micro is the better physical connection and the smaller size which is advantageous to the HW manufacturer but disadvantageous to the end-user.

There is absolutely no disadvantage for the end-user or the manufacturer.

The mini is much more robust, easier to solder and much easier to connect. Without a doubt it is better for DIY.
FWIW, I also belong to the group of frustrated phone users who have broken their micro - albeit not a Samsung!

@Isoprop

Your summary is impressive but totally wrong, sorry! 'Much more robust'; 'much easier to connect'; 'frustrated phone users'....

I belief you know what I mean ;-)

EDIT: *changed SD to USB,

Last edited:
I don't think that the most of consumers are able to solder a miniSD onto the PCB, but those peoples who are able to solder it they are also able to connect/disconnect a microSD connector. Fact: MicroSD is the more proven and reliable standard.
There's no point in me replying to someone who doesn't even know the difference between an SD card and a USB connector.....;)

Sorry, of course I meant USB not SD.
Then I suggest you do a google search for "mini micro usb advantages" without quotes, or try some similar search tags like "USB Micro failure vs USB Mini failure".
If a product is not reliable, its purpose is defeated.
I have posted my point of view, but if you do a bit of research you'll find the micro USB standard is not popular with end users - because the connectors can easily be broken.
FWIW most RC hobbyists can solder but will find it more difficult to solder micro USB solder pins/pads than mini USB solder pins/pads.

Last edited:
I would let the discussion on mico and mini USB stop here on this thread for ever.

It does not make sense to talk it 7 times, 10 times, or 100times.

Very simple, like it live with it, dislike it forget it!

Back