Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

Matchload

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone know who has V3 replacement boards?

TonyM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
GitUp F1, 2x A129, Mobius Maxi 6-22mm, Mobius 1 2.8-12mm
Anyone know who has V3 replacement boards?
You could contact eletoponline365 direct via their eBay page. They will have items available to purchase even if they don't list them for sale.

Alternatively, you can try one of the US authorised resellers.

meanie2

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Hi.
Is there a way to make the mobius record longer than 1min if triggered by 'power on-auto record' and then shut down by itself? Currently, I can only make it run for 1min and then auto shut down.

Settings used:
power on delay-fast
power off standby-2mins
power on-auto record-external only
power off disconnect-1min
motion detection-off
video clip length-max

thanks.

TonyM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Hi.
Is there a way to make the mobius record longer than 1min if triggered by 'power on-auto record' and then shut down by itself? Currently, I can only make it run for 1min and then auto shut down.

Settings used:
power on delay-fast
power off standby-2mins
power on-auto record-external only
power off disconnect-1min
motion detection-off
video clip length-max

thanks.
Are you using a short burst of external power to trigger a recording? With those settings, if the external power remains connected, it should keep recording until 1min after you turn off external power.

If you set 'power-off disconnect' to 'disabled' it will probably keep recording until the battery runs out.

meanie2

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Are you using a short burst of external power to trigger a recording?
Yes.
With those settings, if the external power remains connected, it should keep recording until 1min after you turn off external power.
It is already recording for 1 min. I need more than 1 min of recording if possible.
If you set 'power-off disconnect' to 'disabled' it will probably keep recording until the battery runs out.
I want it to record for 3-5mins and then turn off.

Napo

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dash Cam
Mobius M1 / Mobius Maxi
It looks as if you want to use a microcontroller to trigger the recording. Couldn´t you write the code that there is a second short burst within this minute or after it shut down after the minute?

TonyM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
It is already recording for 1 min. I need more than 1 min of recording if possible.
The options for the Mobius 1 are 10s, 30s, 60s, or continue until the battery dies. I doubt Mobius will update the FW to include more options, so you may need a DIY solution. Can you rig up a timer switch to a USB power supply?

Have you tried using your Maxi instead? It has more options up to 10 minutes: