Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

First seller listed in the China section is the manufacturer, send them a message and they'll be able to let you know how to get a battery

Shipping lipo batteries can be bit of a problem in today's world, i have replaced a battery in my mobius maxi with one i was able to source in a local shop, just needed to solder the plug from the old battery to the new one.

In general all you need to know is the size of the original battery.

eletoponline365 is the original factory authorized Mobius outlet on eBay. Unfortunately, they will no longer ship batteries through the mail.

digitalele889 is also an authorized direct Mobius seller and they will probably be willing to ship you a battery if you contact them and ask.

Banggood has Mobius batteries for sale and you can visit the following link to order one.

Hi

I have an original mobius that I use in my car as dashcam. Recently, it started to behave very weird.

First of all, if I started my car from cold which meant that I pressed power (which powers the accessories and the camera) and then ignition (which starts the engine), the camera started on power, but then shut down on ignition and didn't come back up. Replugging the cable made the camera blinked three times and then shut down. I kind of got accustomed with this issue. It doesn't happen that frequent, but I would like to know if anyone has any idea.

The biggest problem is that the camera does not record video properly. I've set my camera to record both audio and video. In the files that it saves the audio is fine, but the video is just a still shot that is kept across all recorded files for the duration of the driving. It's like the camera starts to shoot video, manages to store some frames and then the recording somehow brakes (or maybe the sensor; I don't know) leaving the rest of the videos having only that last frame printed on them. I tested it in webcam mode and a similar behavior happened: it started to display some video, but then the picture froze and didn't change. I disconnected it and tried again, but nothing happened.
I think that in order to consistently reproduce the issues, I would have to wait for a great while for the supercapacitor to be completely depleted.

The camera has firmware v2.41 which I think it's the latest.

Thank you for any help with this.

Are the parameters msetup writes to the unit written to the SD card, or the memory inside the camera itself?

Also, most reliable way to format a 128gb card? The manual states the best format for loop recording is FAT32, and the best way to format a card is with the camera, but the camera won't format a 128gb card to FAT32. Actually, msetup won't even recognize this card after it formats it at all. Samsung 128gb Evo Pro.

The parameters are saved within the camera's internal memory. You can change cards without losing settings.

I think that mSetup might write the values to the card when you press 'Set Parameters', which are then uploaded to the camera memory, but the end result is that the parameters are not stored on the card.

If you hover over the option in mSetup you get this helpful text. For 128GB you should format as exFAT. You can do this with an application like SD Card Formatter.
1602515680982.png

Also, most reliable way to format a 128gb card? The manual states the best format for loop recording is FAT32, and the best way to format a card is with the camera, but the camera won't format a 128gb card to FAT32. Actually, msetup won't even recognize this card after it formats it at all. Samsung 128gb Evo Pro.
There is quite a lot of information in the manual relating to card formatting and file systems. Ensure you are using FW V2.18 or higher if you want to format the 128GB card in-camera. Note that you will need a card formatted as FAT32 if you wish to update the firmware.

The parameters are saved within the camera's internal memory. You can change cards without losing settings.

I think that mSetup might write the values to the card when you press 'Set Parameters', which are then uploaded to the camera memory, but the end result is that the parameters are not stored on the card.

If you hover over the option in mSetup you get this helpful text. For 128GB you should format as exFAT. You can do this with an application like SD Card Formatter.
View attachment 53618
Thanks. My concern was reliability of loop recording which it suggests FAT32 for.

I ran my Mobius with fat32 on 64GB cards and never had any problems. I've never used it with anything larger. I'd suggest following TonyM's advice and trying it with EXFAT first, then if you have problems try fat32 next and see how that goes. You need to let the card fill and begin overwriting to do card testing on any cam, as that point is where issues are discovered a lot of times. Dashcams have always been picky about cards- sizes, brands, card types, and card formats all have a bearing on this.

To change a larger card's format to fat32 usually requires one of the freeware programs made to do this; Windows won't do it nor will many cams. MAC shouldn't be used for this as they may write hidden files to the card which disrupts it's functioning. Best results with every cam seems to be to first format the card in a computer, then format in the cam itself afterward. And always format the card after putting it into any other device.

Phil

Hello!

New owner of 2 mobius. I need two 64Gb micro sd cards, I think that's enough, I'll use loop recording

What brand of microsd card should I use? Sandisk, samsung, kingstone, netac??

Currently there are only Class 10 for sale on Amazon
For proper operation is U1o U3-V30-A1 or U3-V30-A2 recommended?

Minimum recommended writing speed?

thanks

Last edited:
Class 10 cards are fine for the original Mobius. I prefer Samsung Evo Select (Evo Plus is the same card) but SanDisk "A1" marked cards will do good too (avoid old red and gray non "A1" Sandisk). Kingston is generally good as is PNY. Transcend had some good cards but there have been problems with some of them lately so avoid them. Also avoid Lexar cards- they've gone downhill since the card division was sold. U1 is good enough- Mobius isn't high-bitrate and is not too picky about cards compared to many cams.

The main thing here is to check for fakes. Use the "SDFormatter" freeware to do a full overwrite of the card. If it passes that test run the "h2testw" freeware (loads in German but has an English option) again doing a full write. If the card size numbers almost match you're good. This will take awhile on larger cards. Format the card to fat32- windows can't do this but lots of freeware for that- then do an in-cam format and you're good-to-go.

Be sure to look carefully at all the choices in "msetup" as the cam defaults to act more like an action cam than a dashcam, and don't forget to click the "set parameters" button when you're done so the settings will be saved in the cam. If you have any problems drop back in here- some of the most knowledgeable people with Mobius are members here and are always glad to help.

Phil

I've always stuck to Samsung evo 128gb cards, I've always set to ex fat 32 inside the mobius setup on my computer when the camera is connected & format the memory card never had any issues!

Class 10 cards are fine for the original Mobius. I prefer Samsung Evo Select (Evo Plus is the same card) but SanDisk "A1" marked cards will do good too (avoid old red and gray non "A1" Sandisk). Kingston is generally good as is PNY. Transcend had some good cards but there have been problems with some of them lately so avoid them. Also avoid Lexar cards- they've gone downhill since the card division was sold. U1 is good enough- Mobius isn't high-bitrate and is not too picky about cards compared to many cams.

The main thing here is to check for fakes. Use the "SDFormatter" freeware to do a full overwrite of the card. If it passes that test run the "h2testw" freeware (loads in German but has an English option) again doing a full write. If the card size numbers almost match you're good. This will take awhile on larger cards. Format the card to fat32- windows can't do this but lots of freeware for that- then do an in-cam format and you're good-to-go.

Be sure to look carefully at all the choices in "msetup" as the cam defaults to act more like an action cam than a dashcam, and don't forget to click the "set parameters" button when you're done so the settings will be saved in the cam. If you have any problems drop back in here- some of the most knowledgeable people with Mobius are members here and are always glad to help.

Phil
Good afternoon, phil, thank you for helping me in this process.
I have two economical options to buy micro sd:
1- Samsung Evo plus U1 100mb/s reading, 20mb/s writing. 2 cards = 20€
1606676952438.png
2- Samsung Evo U3 90mb/s reading, 65 mb/s writing. 2 cards = 22€

1606676973916.png

Which one do you think is the best option?
thanks

View attachment 54400

View attachment 54401

thanks

Either one of those options is more than adequate for the original Mobius 1 camera. Go with whichever one is less expensive.

I
View attachment 54400

View attachment 54401

Thanks I

View attachment 54400

View attachment 54401

thanks

I have both of these sd cards for sometime now & they have never had any issues brought from "mymemory" I know I should do it but I've never checked the sd cards to see whether there fake or not but seem to be OK for me... I tend to buy the red Samsung evo sd cards now a days in 128gb as I can get a few days recording from them

Amazon USA currently has genuine 128 GB green Samsung EVO Select cards at $15.99 USD each as a Cyber Monday deal. This is an amazing price for this card.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B0887GP791

They also have the red Samsung EVO Plus cards for $20.35 USD each but these are not sold directly by Amazon so you don't have a guarantee of their provenance although the vast majority buyers seem happy with the product.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B06XFHQGB9

Last edited:
Back