Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

As a newest , the OTG ,,variant" is important for Android device (smartphone ) to recognize the Mobius . With USB cable of Mobius ,,package" connected with an OTG 10-15 cm long , the Samsung smartphone doesn't work . Same USB cable with another OTG (short one , as an USB memory stick ) it will work...

I upgraded to v2.10 today and had a lockup shortly afterwards - the Mobius wouldn't respond to the power button and when plugged into the PC you would just get a faint green light.

Gave the reset button a ten second press and it came back to life and has been fine since :)

Some on other posts have mentioned the desire for a x2 hd remote camera system and i can see the benefit if the camera has a nice small mounting designed to fit tight to a windscreen and get rid of the reflection most of us suffer with our cameras..

Thinking out loud and of the mobius....

Knowing a kit to make the lens remote has already been done by the manufacturer - has any one tried to make up a much longer cable with any success and can anyone answer if it would be a posibility to have it function at a five meter length ?

Some on other posts have mentioned the desire for a x2 hd remote camera system and i can see the benefit if the camera has a nice small mounting designed to fit tight to a windscreen and get rid of the reflection most of us suffer with our cameras..

Knowing a kit to make the lens remote has already been done by the manufacturer - has any one tried to make up a much longer cable with any success and can anyone answer if it would be a posibility to have it function at a five meter length ?
I believe it has been tried without success. At the moment the 8"/20cm cable is the longest available for reliable operation.

Oh well, worth a thought !

But in noting my cameras could probably take the mobius remote lens cable, starting from scratch now i would have opted to fit the cameras flat to the roof and run the lens to a discrete viewing position...

And it does beg the question, in mobius offering this attatchment and knowing what we use it for and the problems with reflection - why dont they offer a mounting solution for the lens to windscreen that could elliminate the shading and be a good all in one solution. ?

I saw a youtube video where a gentlemen cut out a section of 3D glasses (the polarized type) and using that and a "hollowed out" lens cap, just made a polarized filter for the Mobi. That seemed to reduce reflection glare by almost 100%

Oh well, worth a thought !

But in noting my cameras could probably take the mobius remote lens cable, starting from scratch now i would have opted to fit the cameras flat to the roof and run the lens to a discrete viewing position...

And it does beg the question, in mobius offering this attatchment and knowing what we use it for and the problems with reflection - why dont they offer a mounting solution for the lens to windscreen that could elliminate the shading and be a good all in one solution. ?
The G1W won't take an extension lens because the cmos is attached to the board, where the Mobius has a separate lens module that contains the sensor and lens together.

With the lens module being so small, you could mount it very close to the windshield.

its a g1wh and when i took it apart it had a mobius type multi pin connector and i assumed the lens was just positionally attached to the board and connected electrically via multi pin ?

Hello, all I am currently having a problem with my new Mobius camera. When I go to playback the video, every 12-15seconds the video will get really laggy/choppy and then return back to normal, but only to lag again in another 12-15 seconds. I tried trouble shooting, but not found a solution.
-I tried my dashcam with both the 1.20 version and 2.0 version.
-I tried with two different memory cards, a 32gb class 4 and a 2gb class 6.
-I then tired two different card readers.
-Lastly tried it with two different computers.

I have come up with the conclusion that, I may have been sent a defective product. If so, then I must file a paypal complaint.
However, before I do so, does anyone have ideas on what could cause this problem?

suggest uploading an unedited sample video for others to have a look, just a minute or so will do, what you describe is most often PC related rather than the camera

Hello, all I am currently having a problem with my new Mobius camera. When I go to playback the video, every 12-15seconds the video will get really laggy/choppy and then return back to normal, but only to lag again in another 12-15 seconds. I tried trouble shooting, but not found a solution.
-I tried my dashcam with both the 1.20 version and 2.0 version.
-I tried with two different memory cards, a 32gb class 4 and a 2gb class 6.
-I then tired two different card readers.
-Lastly tried it with two different computers.

I have come up with the conclusion that, I may have been sent a defective product. If so, then I must file a paypal complaint.
However, before I do so, does anyone have ideas on what could cause this problem?
Are trying to playback the video directly from the file on the microSD card? If so this can be the cause of such jerkiness, due to the data transfer rate.
Try downloading the file you want to watch onto your computer first & then try to playback from there.

suggest uploading an unedited sample video for others to have a look, just a minute or so will do, what you describe is most often PC related rather than the camera
Thank you for the response. I uploaded an unedited video to youtube and watched it back instead on my xbox one. There I was able to watch a full 5 mintue clip in 1080p without any lagging issues. So it was my computer's fault, and my product is as described!

Thank you for the response. I uploaded an unedited video to youtube and watched it back instead on my xbox one. There I was able to watch a full 5 mintue clip in 1080p without any lagging issues. So it was my computer's fault, and my product is as described!
Who did you buy it from? One of the authorized sellers?

I saw a youtube video where a gentlemen cut out a section of 3D glasses (the polarized type) and using that and a "hollowed out" lens cap, just made a polarized filter for the Mobi. That seemed to reduce reflection glare by almost 100%

Without DIY filter (3D glasses):
vlcsnap-2014-09-05-16h35m26s88.png

With DIY filter (3D glasses)
vlcsnap-2014-09-05-16h35m06s112.png

Also look here for the effect of cheap DIY glare filter (from 3D glasses) on Mobius camera:

Well it's safe to say these things are pretty robust.

In the past week it's been submerged in swimming pools and the sea (in the JooVuu case), and it's been stuck on top of a 4x4 for off roading and driving around and so far it's done a good job sat in the direct sunlight.

It's even survived a rainstorm without any case on - it may fail later but so far it's currently working fine so I may have been lucky.

Just checking out my footage now :)

OK a newbie to the Mobius and I am looking for some help. I used to have a DR32 but that died and after reading lots of reviews I decided to plump for the Mobius with its major selling point being that it seems to have evolved with updates and support along the road.

So I got it from Electropoline very quickly, put the Sandisk 32GB microSD class 10 card in it that had worked well with the Dr32 and reformatted it.
I then drove from Glasgow to Edinburgh and when I got home and reviewed, it turns out that the thing stopped recording at a set of traffic lights in Edinburgh and never recorded any of my journey after that or my journey back home, later in the day.

So I reconnected to PC and the GUI and tried playing about with settings - but no matter what I did, the thing just would not come on automatically (it would manually). I then changed the cable and instead of using an all in one cable and aux socket, I tried a Belkin USB aux adaptor with a USB cable.

Last night I took a few local journeys and it seemed to record all the trip although for some reason, although the majority of the clips were 5.00 mins long (my pre defined time) a couple were about 2.30 even though there was no switching off or anything.

Tonight I have just been a journey and on reviewing when I get home, it has recorded a 5.00 clip, then a 2.00 clip which is when I parked up. Then a 0.30 clip as I moved the car in the car park, and then nothing thereafter.

It somehow seems to know when the power has been cut with the ignition switched off but it doesn't seem to register when it comes on?

I am running software version 1.20 - is it worth upgrading to latest firmware (the GUI I am using seems to suggest it has not been updated to deal with the 2.10).

Any help would be appreciated!

It is very annoying not having a screen on it like the DR32 had which means I always need to bring the card or camera back in to plug into laptop to test it. Unless I suppose I take the laptop out to car!

I bought a new Mobius and installed it last week, and it seems like I have one of those units that make constant beeping noise in the background. Will trying a different charger possibly remedy this issue?

Back