Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

We can't be done now! There would be nothing to look forward to and we would have nothing to complain about either. :)

Those video clips look pretty good actually.........

Last edited:
we're always going to complain, we just human.

another thing i'm not know about is why the 720p60fps is very very very narrow? maybe half of the field of view. only the center of the sensor.
i'm not asking from the mobius the 1080p60 (this is a dream! but probably chip/hardware limit).
i would like to have the 720p60 with more FOV. it can be done?

definitely something not right with protecting files. I caught a red light jumper and pressed the button. After returning home discovered my file missing - overwritten cos I'b been on the road a while, and evidently not protected.
The previous file for the previous 3 minutes was protected and still on card.

Grr

We can't be done now! There would be nothing to look forward to and we would have nothing to complain about either. :)

Those video clips look pretty good actually.........

Yes, they do look OK for me too .....

I'm still not sure wether or not to use LL, or just to stay on WDR ON....

Well, I must admit the Mobius to be the best solution for me for this money. I have considered SJ4000, but it's too big for my taste, and may attract "rascals" to take it out the rig .... wouldn't make my boss very happy. :(

That's okay. I wasn't looking to interact with the developers or get any information to them. I was hoping to learn more about the company - like how they got started, what they plan for the future, any investors, any advisors, or anything else interesting from a business perspective. I originally thought they might have this info on their website, like what most companies do. But it sounds like they don't have this kind of website yet.
There is no marketing dept. in the Mobius team. They are a small and closely-knit team of friends who's business has evolved from a hobby. They have been listening to what people would like to see implemented in these tiny cameras for almost 4 years.
Although only a handful of people have direct contact with the developer I believe this strategy works really well and is highly efficient. I'm not aware of any other similar camera where anyone not associated with the product has direct contact with the developer.
You are right, the company doesn't do things like most companies. Doesn't that also make them unique!

There is no marketing dept. in the Mobius team. They are a small and closely-knit team of friends who's business has evolved from a hobby. They have been listening to what people would like to see implemented in these tiny cameras for almost 4 years.
Although only a handful of people have direct contact with the developer I believe this strategy works really well and is highly efficient. I'm not aware of any other similar camera where anyone not associated with the product has direct contact with the developer.
You are right, the company doesn't do things like most companies. Doesn't that also make them unique!

I thought WE were the marketing department! :).........along with the guys over at RCgroups........and of course, Matt at Techmoan has probably been responsible for selling at least one or two. ;)

Just in case any of you guys are still wanting one of those USB Charger Doctors to monitor the power draw I ordered one recently from here after seeing this post (#15):

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331067318038
It turned up today and works great - I don't honestly know how they're selling them at £1.15 (less than $2) delivered from China but it's taken ten days in total which is crazy and seems to work fine! Definitely worth chucking one in your bag :)

Last edited by a moderator:
We've been talking about those Charger Doctors for quite some time here on DCT. When they first came on the market they were fairly pricey but you could find a vendor here and there on eBay selling for a good price if you looked hard enough. Little by little I've been watching the prices come down and now it's almost like they're giving them away. I have two of them and consider it a must have gadget.

My one complaint about the Charger Doctor is the right angle design that occasionally doesn't work well in some situtions. There are some new ones I see showing up on eBay that resolve that problem. I like the one with the two output ports, the separate read-outs and a connector on a cable but like the original Doctor the price needs to come down a bit for it to be attractive.

charger2.png

charger.jpg

Last edited:
They really are giving them away - I couldn't find the price they'd paid for postage but it must have eaten most of that £1.15 I paid!

I'd seen them mentioned on here and at that price you can't say no really!

I've been doing more timelapses today - I love that feature:

The StarDisc Enterprise - a Mobius timelapse

I just need to pick up one of the bigger battery packs like an Anker or IntoCircuit Power Castle now.

My standard lens Mobius should be here any day so I'm looking forward to giving that a spin too.

Last edited by a moderator:
wanting to get one of these Mobius things for rear dash cam stealth install, want to remotely mount the lens about 10cm from the box so it very stealth, but a few questions to make sure I understand everything first
1. need 12v-5v converter, will this suffice? anything better? https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2715847716382. what 64gb card will work with this thing?
3. what lens would be good for the rear dash cam, standard or wide angle?
4. should I replace the standard battery with the capacitor?

Someone had a problem with one of those converters recently not supplying a stable 5v - not sure if it was that type though?

For the 64GB card I se a Samsung 70MB/sec card and it's been fine.

For the rear I prefer the wide angle but have a normal one en route to have a play.

As for replacing the battery with the cap it's probably more than worth it where you are. I've got a cap but for now still on battery as I like how portable it makes the camera for other uses.

that's another one, wheres a good place to get a genuine non fake 64gb card? amazon doesn't ship to Australia I don't think.

that's another one, wheres a good place to get a genuine non fake 64gb card? amazon doesn't ship to Australia I don't think.
Jeez I didn't realise that - to be honest in that case I'd be asking @jokiin to hook you up or at least point you in the right direction locally?

Avoid eBay where possible for those things though - it's a proper lottery on there these days!

I switched from the A lens to the B lens in my rear Mobius and much prefer it. I liked how the A lens was a bit better at capturing license plate numbers of vehicles behind me but the wider coverage with the B lens seems perfect for the rear and now I don't think I would go back to the A. The camera has a cap and has been absolutely 100% reliable.

I'll send you a link when I can get to my computer but I've got an eBay seller that I've bought hundreds of cards off when I've needed to buy locally that sells genuine product and realistic prices

another question, I expected an answer for at least one of the last 3 but it hasn't happened, can someone do their best to answer them as well as this one here now, is this a popular camera or not?? do many people have it? seems not.
but another question, how hot does these heat sinks that stick out get? can it be put in the roof lining without it being a fire hazard??

Back