Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

I think it might just be the bright sun and reflections off the dash and window doing it but was just curious.

Perhaps a polarized lens would reduce this as was mentioned above?

Yes it definitely is

And yes it definitely would

Last edited by a moderator:
A polerized lens is a good idea.
I want on for my Mobius.
I found a guy on you tube
That was using the lens cap with a hole
Cut in it and a pice cut out of a pair
Of modern 3D glasses from the movies.
Just wandering if this is BS or not.
If it works than that's what I will be doing.
I hope I can cut the cercle from the 3D
Glasses on the lazier table at the shop.

Last edited by a moderator:
A polerized lens is a good idea.
I want on for my Mobius.
I found a guy on you tube
That was using the lens cap with a hole
Cut in it and a pice cut out of a pair
Of modern 3D glasses from the movies.
Just wandering if this is BS or not.
If it works than that's what I will be doing.
I hope I can cut the cercle from the 3D
Glasses on the lazier table at the shop.

It's not BS and it has been discussed here previously as well. To the best of my understanding and experience it works but not as well as a dedicated CPL.

Edit: I've experimented with 3D movie glasses but went with a "real" polarizer for my GT300W.

Hi,

I'm a little excited about receiving my Mobius :) so thought I would post this question so I do not muck up my Mobius when I first use it.

Just wondered what do I do first...

Do I not turn it on and put it on charge to into mains/PC to make sure the battery is at full capacity when I first turn it on?

Do I put my memory card in before/after charge (also how do I know what way the card goes in?)

When I turn it on first time with my card in do I format it using the GUI first before using?

Do I update the firmware straight away?

Just a few questions as this is my first dash cam :) what did you all do?

Thought I'd post here then start new thread

When you do buy your memory card, buy good quality. If you read this thread you will find that I had two bad memory cards that impacted the camera. I now have a good SanDisk and no more issues! It was/is a lesson well learned for me!

Despite some reports about microUSB card issues, I've had consistently excellent results using the SandDisk Ultra 32GBs class 10 in both my Mobius(s) They are currently available on Amazon for $22.19 USD. (as of today - the prices fluctuate and this is a recent low)

When you do buy your memory card, buy good quality. If you read this thread you will find that I had two bad memory cards that impacted the camera. I now have a good SanDisk and no more issues! It was/is a lesson well learned for me!

Luckily I have a spare 16GB Kingston class 4 card at home. The manual actually recommends a Kingston class 4 card so was chuffed :)

Thats who I bought mine from. He sells on buymobius.com, Amazon, and ebay I think. Nice guy. Great customer service thus far. Didnt know about that info page so thanks Byr0n!

Just to go over what I was saying yesterday about the low sun in the mornings, this is what I have to deal with when we have clears sky’s:

636B73A8-C8FF-4E97-A146-471C53017F59_1.jpg

D38FD1A6-18DC-4733-BEBD-1FC8CFF2D060.jpg

744E53D1-9F4C-406B-B46B-0EFE8DC229FD.jpg

Pictures were taken with iPhone. Also, a little off topic but whilst I’m here I noticed this on the back of my rear view mirror this morning, never noticed it before. Anyone know what it is? I drive a BMW if that helps? Just want to know if a dash cam would stop its function, even though I don’t know what it is :)

mirror.jpg

It almost looks like a stealth camera :D

do you have an auto dimming mirror, looks like the light sensor

Yes it does auto dim but i thought the sensor for dimming was on the front (mirror side) for when a car behind has bright lights on? i dont see how a sensor on the rear would aid this?

May have to refer to handbook :confused:

should have sensors both sides I think

There is a sensor on the front, this dims when i put my finger over it. I have put the question on my BMW forum :)

Anyway, back to topic.. i think i will need a polarised lens for my journey to work

i think i will need a polarised lens for my journey to work

Don't forget to remove it in low-light / at night, as it reduces the light passing through it by up to half, depending on orientation.

Last edited:
Don't forget to remove it in low-light / at night, as it reduces the light passing through it by up to half, depending on orientation.

Good point! On the other hand, I find that dealing with this is a pain in the rear and sometimes I've forget to remove polarizers. I'm still considering the idea, previously discussed here somewhere (I think it was in one of Niko's DIY mount threads) about using two Mobius cams, side by side, one optimized for night and one for day. Some of the new firmware settings, when the bugs are worked out could be especially useful in such a set-up.

Of course, instead of remembering to remove the polarizer, I'd have to remember to switch on the other camera at night. :rolleyes: Maybe one of those dimming sensors would be the ticket? The light out in my driveway works on such a photocell.

Last edited:
I'm still considering the idea ... about using two Mobius cams, side by side, one optimized for night and one for day ... I'd have to remember to switch on the other camera at night.

I'm surprised nobody's actually done it yet. I'd have them both recording simultaneously ... save me from having to remember to switch one on & the other off.

Back