Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

Just make sure you charge the battery completely first. That will eliminate many problems. Have fun and post some video

Oh and of course avoid v1.17 for now. Unfortunately it may take awhile for v1.18 since it just failed quality testing.

It's on charge now :)

Going to wait couple of hours, then format card, have a play with settings on GUI (I know what I want) then I'll have a play :)

I'll upload some footage during the week

I got it ;)
It's actually really small, much smaller than I thought...

Don't know how many times Ive heard this in my life...

I was surprised as well. They should photograph it next to a penny or something...

Just make sure you charge the battery completely first. That will eliminate many problems. Have fun and post some video

Oh and of course avoid v1.17 for now. Unfortunately it may take awhile for v1.18 since it just failed quality testing.

Just plugged in, it's come with v1.17?? Do you recommend I install a previous FW?

Just plugged in, it's come with v1.17?? Do you recommend I install a previous FW?
If it works go with it. Most problems were card issues, so if yours works then don't worry. If you are having a card issue try to v1.13.

The only setting problem was with WDR low light, so just set it to on.

If it works go with it. Most problems were card issues, so if yours works then don't worry. If you are having a card issue try to v1.13.

The only setting problem was with WDR low light, so just set it to on.

Yup, card works fine. Set it up using the GUI and got it to what I require. Remembered to rotate the camera 180 :)

Had a little filming session in my house, was around 6pm here when I filmed so was pretty dark so artificial light, still came out ok though. The real test will come Monday when I go for a drive :)

I'll leave the FW for now

Tomorrow I need to wire in the 5m USB and get it mounted :)

1.7 working fine for me thus far. Of course thus far = 1 full day.

1.7 working fine for me thus far. Of course thus far = 1 full day.
That's great. There were two versions of v1.17 so maybe the second was better.

If it works for a day, it will continue. Problems were with the SD Card compatibility.

@Isoprop can the Mobius be run using the iPad 2 power adapter? Output is 5.1V and 2.1 Amps so technically it should be ok

@Isoprop can the Mobius be run using the iPad 2 power adapter? Output is 5.1V and 2.1 Amps so technically it should be ok

I used my iPhone charger to charge the Mobius, it also started filming when I plugged it in later to the charger (after adjusting settings) so don't see why not.

I've been running my Mobius for a week or so now. It works just the way I want it.
I'm on v1.13 with a Kingston card.
I received my Sandisk ultra card the other day. formatted it on the camera and it does not work.
It's not a nock off even though I bought it on ebay. I tried it on the pc and it loads and unloads
photos just fine.
I'm going to stay with the Kingston card and v1.13 for now.
When I order an other Mobius for rear view I'll try v1.17 then and the Ultra card then.

This camera is cool and the people I show it to want one.

I don't have ANY apple equipment. All I have is their OS which I use on my PC to play with.
The power supply should be fine, but the data wires could be problematic. Apple changed the voltage on the data wires many times. For charging only I see no problem. For charging and recording I see big problems....
However, just cut the data wires and there should be no problem.

I've been running my Mobius for a week or so now. It works just the way I want it.
I'm on v1.13 with a Kingston card.
I received my Sandisk ultra card the other day. formatted it on the camera and it does not work.
It's not a nock off even though I bought it on ebay. I tried it on the pc and it loads and unloads
photos just fine.
I'm going to stay with the Kingston card and v1.13 for now.
When I order an other Mobius for rear view I'll try v1.17 then and the Ultra card then.

This camera is cool and the people I show it to want one.

First step is to test the card using h2testw.exe, which will confirm the read/write integrity of the media on the card, and CrystalDiskMark.exe, which will measure the speed of sequential and various block sizes of random read/write tests.

I don't have ANY apple equipment. All I have is their OS which I use on my PC to play with.
The power supply should be fine, but the data wires could be problematic. Apple changed the voltage on the data wires many times. For charging only I see no problem. For charging and recording I see big problems....
However, just cut the data wires and there should be no problem.
Big problems because of the camera recognizing USB? I was going to use a charge only cable, not a data cable

Big problems because of the camera recognizing USB? I was going to use a charge only cable, not a data cable
i am using ipad 2 charger to charge my mobius and it works just fine

Yes. If the camera thinks it's connected to a USB device it will stop recording after the first clip. I've had a few PMs informing me that the Mobius does not record properly when connected to Apple chargers. The problems can vary, so if the Mobius doesn't perform as expected, it could well be due to the USB power supply. If you can connect your own cable, then use a 2-wire cable and everything should be fine.
Just charging should never be a problem.

Right, went out this morning to give the camera a test, i'm happy with it. The sun does interfere with it but can that really be helped?

I've got a couple of vids below, this is travelling along A2, one of main routes into/from London.

The second video shows a little more of sun interference. And yes, i'm aware the date is wrong, my computer date was set to February!

These settings are:

WDR: On
1080p
30fps
FoV: Wide

Last edited:
Back