Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

Mobius sounds like a cricket when powered on at -14 Celsius degrees after staying all night in the car at probably even lower temperatures. It lasted for about 3.5 minutes.
I'm not expecting a sollution, this post is just for information :)

Mobius sounds like a cricket when powered on at -14 Celsius degrees after staying all night in the car at probably even lower temperatures. It lasted for about 3.5 minutes.
I'm not expecting a sollution, this post is just for information :)

That can be fixed with gold plated cables, that's usually caused by cheap cables or chargers.

EMI you hear

Update on my issue:

My old mobius still powers on every time while my new mobius only turns on sometimes.
With the colder weather it seems, the mobius will turn on and flash red light three times then shut down. if i unplug it and plug it back in it does the 3 red lights again. only after about 10 minutes of driving, can i unplug it and plug it back in and it starts recording. Meanwhile my old mobius was recording the whole time.

It was suggested to try removing the data portion of the cable/power. I tried this and got the same result.

Any more suggestions?
thanks

For the guy who was getting the fast flashing yellow and red light...I had this issue and switching memory cards worked for me. I use a Samsung EVO card now

Just received new Mobius. Charged completely. When power on only get one quick blue flash, 3 red LED. No yellow, nothing else. Using a 2GB Sandisc card just to test. Formatted it with SD formatter. Am I missing something?

Thanks, Card is my thought. I have one on the way. Curious as to whether the symptom is normal for a card issue. With no card is the no yellow normal? I formatted the card with my Mac on SD formatter and can read it fine on the USB. I cant read it through the camera though. I have to wait for a card to arrive and would like to know if I have a camera issue or not. I will try to boot in Windows and see if I can format that way.

Just received new Mobius. Charged completely. When power on only get one quick blue flash, 3 red LED. No yellow, nothing else. Using a 2GB Sandisc card just to test. Formatted it with SD formatter. Am I missing something?
This is normal if you have the "Power-On Delay" parameter set to "Delay". If this is the case you'll need to keep the power button pressed for about 2 or three seconds. If you don't want this safety feature then set the parameter to "Fast".
A 2GB Sandisk, most probably no class rating, should work fine, but you won't be able to record very long. The old Sandisk cards don't have all the problems as the new Sandisk cards.

Makes no difference how long I press the power button. I just get the quick blue and then the 3 red flashes on the LED. It is straight out of the box. My concern is that I just don't get any yellow lights at all. Maybe is no concern at all. If this is due to the card then I probably have no issue. Where I live there is little access to anything so trying another card is just a little more complicate than for most. Having a Mac is the other complication.
So this is the real question.
What happens when you power your camera without a card?
If the answer is a blue flash and no yellow then I should be good to go when I get a proper card.

Makes no difference how long I press the power button. I just get the quick blue and then the 3 red flashes on the LED. It is straight out of the box. My concern is that I just don't get any yellow lights at all. Maybe is no concern at all. If this is due to the card then I probably have no issue. Where I live there is little access to anything so trying another card is just a little more complicate than for most. Having a Mac is the other complication.
So this is the real question.
What happens when you power your camera without a card?
If the answer is a blue flash and no yellow then I should be good to go when I get a proper card.
If you press the power button and there's no card inserted the yellow LED will start to blink quite fast after about 5 seconds.
Check your parameter settings first!
Agreed, the Mac is an additional complication!

I will try to get a GUI running.

I tried a reset, and resetting battery. never have seen a yellow. I only had one red on the LED out of the box but after charging have 3 so that appears normal.

Booted Mac in Windows downloaded GUI. Cant connect to camera. Have no idea how to turn on port 16. Too long on Mac. No joy on search for that.

Have no idea how to turn on port 16.

This is a reference to the #16 Keychain camera, which is also produced by the Mobius developer, & to which the GUI is also applicable. Don't worry about it. You're not the first to be confused by port 16, & you won't be the last.

Yup. I realized that right after I wrote it The period gives it away when you read it again.

I think I am going to send it back unless somebody has an idea.I am not sure that the parameters are the issue anyway. I cant access the card or the camera in Windows or on the Mac. Sending things back is a major hassle for me unless I find somebody flying back to the states so I am open to ideas.

I recently had my mobius stop working. I am using it as a dash cam however recently for some reason it has stopped recording video. I have updated the firmware to v 2.5 and am using an ADATA 32 gb SHDC sd card. This card worked previously for this purpose. I was wondering if some one could help me trouble shoot the problem. Thanks.

PS. I got the camera working again (it can function as a webcam). The only issue at this point seems to be that it wont record and save the new video files. When I tested it in my car both the red record light and the yellow mode light were blinking.

I recently had my mobius stop working. I am using it as a dash cam however recently for some reason it has stopped recording video. I have updated the firmware to v 2.5 and am using an ADATA 32 gb SHDC sd card. This card worked previously for this purpose. I was wondering if some one could help me trouble shoot the problem. Thanks.

PS. I got the camera working again (it can function as a webcam). The only issue at this point seems to be that it wont record and save the new video files. When I tested it in my car both the red record light and the yellow mode light were blinking.
If you have an internal battery installed it is most likely puffed (i.e. dead). Try recording without the internal battery connected. Remember you'll lose the date and time when you disconnect the battery.
If the camera still doesn't work then format your card using SDFormatter.
If the battery is the problem then I suggest you replace it with a supercap. Only use the battery for long-term dashcam use if you don't mind changing it every few weeks.

Only use the battery for long-term dashcam use if you don't mind changing it every few weeks.
Wait, I think this needs further explanation. On its own it seems you're suggesting that the battery in the Mobius only lasts a few weeks

Back