Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

...is there an advantage to the .mov format? i see loop recording isn't allowed with .mp4 format though.

MP4 is fine when using Mobius as an ActionCam. In loop recording mode, however, you'd lose 1 to 2 seconds of unrecorded video between each consecutive clip, which is unacceptable for DashCam purposes. No such problem with .MOV format.

Last edited:
Firmware v2.33 released

This is a minor update which corrects issues found in the previous release.
The firmware has reached a level where it's impossible to test every possible combination of different parameters before it is released.
However, if issues are found and reported the developer will try and correct them as soon as possible.
This update corrects the LED activity when setting the Auto Exposure Lock and Auto White Balance Lock when the recording LED is disabled.
A visual indication when the lock is being set while the camera is recording has also been added.
More information can be found in the updated manual which is also integrated in the latest Windows mSetup program (v3.0.4.5).
In addition, the lock should now work correctly in photo mode. A few tweaks have also been made to the white balance.
The latest firmware version can be downloaded from here.

Does it make any difference if I don't lock the files?

Does it make any difference if I don't lock the files?
I can only recommend the latest firmware version. Small issues in previous versions have most likely been solved.
There is absolutely no reason not to upgrade, but the choice is yours. If you have v2.30 installed, then I would definitely upgrade to v2.33.

I keep noticing that buildings on the side of videos done with the B and C lens always curve strangely instead of being straight up and down.

Is it possible via firmware to remove the curvature from the lens especially on the C lens? It would seem that moving the pixels manually to where they should be seen on the screen could be done. Of course, I have no programming ability. I know this problem is not based on firmware. 35mm cameras with similar lenses had the same exact distortion.

Also, what is the absolute narrowest field of view possible with the A lens and the widest possible FOV with the C lens?

Does the mobius have a glass or plastic lens? What is the suggested cleaning procedure for a dirty lens?

If I buy a capacitor model and also buy the larger lipo battery how long can I expect the battery to last if the battery mostly sits in a drawer fully charged?

Could the part you slide the mobius into be redesigned to work backwards? That way a forward facing cam could not slide out in an impact. The upward portion would keep the cam in place. maybe a second piece could be designed that would clip on to the original holder instead? Perhaps removing the threaded insert and replacing that with the same part that includes an extra part that goes under the mount then goes to the front then up could do this?

Last edited:
Is it possible via firmware to remove the curvature from the lens especially on the C lens? It would seem that moving the pixels manually to where they should be seen on the screen could be done. Of course, I have no programming ability. I know this problem is not based on firmware. 35mm cameras with similar lenses had the same exact distortion.

I believe it's possible via editing software, but not within Mobius firmware.

Also, what is the absolute narrowest field of view possible with the A lens and the widest possible FOV with the C lens?

Lens A. 720p/60fps. 46° HFOV. Captured from central 1280 x 720 pixel array. No scaling of the image.

Lens C. 1080p/30fps. 131° HFOV. Captured from 2304 x 1296 CMOS pixel array and scaled down to fit the 1920x1080 frame size.

Does the mobius have a glass or plastic lens?

All 3 lenses are 7 element glass, made in Japan. A & B are housed in metal, & are immune from the temperature-related focus problems that affect some DashCams. C is housed in plastic, so I wonder about that...

Has anyone seen any footage of the C lens in narrow mode?

I'm tempted to buy a C lens for the reduced lens flare, but the 131° is just a bit wide for my taste.

how long can I expect the battery to last if the battery mostly sits in a drawer fully charged?

A healthy lithium-polymer battery like the one supplied with your Mobius should last approximately two years, plus or minus. If kept in a drawer unused it should be stored in a charged state of about 40%. It should not be fully charged when stored for long periods of time. If the voltage falls to below 2V for an extended period of time (more than a week) it should be disposed of.

Last edited:
I had a loop issue where the Mobius would stop recording when the card was full then would rewrite on the next startup. Took the suggestion of formatting the Samsung 64GB card using SD Formatter v4 and while it took two hours it seemed to do the trick as it started rewriting the files today.

I don't know if this was already brought up but how about buying from https://www.mobius-actioncam.com/? They seem like a reputable reseller. Who makes the mobius anways? I'd rather buy the wide angle b lens because of it's wide angle.

I don't know if this was already brought up but how about buying from https://www.mobius-actioncam.com/? They seem like a reputable reseller. Who makes the mobius anways? I'd rather buy the wide angle b lens because of it's wide angle.

Always amused me how they claim
"Official US Reseller of Mobius HD Action Camera", yet they don't seem to be in the vendor list. I would have thought the "official" title should go to Tom Frank.

Always amused me how they claim
"Official US Reseller of Mobius HD Action Camera", yet they don't seem to be in the vendor list. I would have thought the "official" title should go to Tom Frank.
Tom Frank doesn't 'sell' the Mobius. He's just a thorough tester and very dedicated supporter - all done in his free time and without payment.
Only the sellers listed in the vendor list are 'official' and have requested and been approved by the developer to be listed. Some vendors may not realize this.
I know the site in question has regular contact with the Mobius team so I don't know why they haven't requested to be put on the official list. I guess they can be considered an exception.

I didn't mean Tom Frank was an official seller, just that if anyone outside of the mobius team got to be called official it should be him, and of course you too Isoprop ;)

Today I noticed my 1st problem since using the supercapacitator (maybe just a coincidence).

Seems that the Mobius is not recording/saving files anymore. So, I plug in the camera, leds seem ok, indicating that it's recording, but when I check the sdcard, NO videos are saved (although plenty of space). I must mention that from my last videos recorded, I didn't change any configs, software or hardware, just used the sdcard to store some movies. :)

I thought to try and change back to the battery or to format the sdcard and see what happens...

I'm considering the lens C so any reviews or videos?

Today I noticed my 1st problem since using the supercapacitator (maybe just a coincidence).

Seems that the Mobius is not recording/saving files anymore. So, I plug in the camera, leds seem ok, indicating that it's recording, but when I check the sdcard, NO videos are saved (although plenty of space). I must mention that from my last videos recorded, I didn't change any configs, software or hardware, just used the sdcard to store some movies. :)

I thought to try and change back to the battery or to format the sdcard and see what happens...

False alert. The videos were saved but the date was lost (stored with xx.01.2012) that's the reason I couldn't find them. :D

GJHS, after it does arrive a video from the mobius C on the road would be appreciated.

There is also this video made by Tom Frank. However, this is a c lens using b lens settings.

Last edited:
Back