Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

I was expecting the C lens to be a tad less lens "flarey". Or are the flares from the windscreen flaws that you mentioned.

Yes, those are because of the windscreen. The lack of flare can be better noticed in the daylight comparison. I was thinking of putting the cameras on the exterior of the car, just for testing... not sure how to do it.

Without lens protection I would be hesitant to mount them outside the car, even for a short journey.

What is your back window like? Perhaps have them both pointing out the back if you're keen on making more comparisson videos.

Another excellent video comparison horaceCJ, Thanks!

I'm impressed with how carefully these two lenses are optically matched despite the difference in focal lengths. It makes me wonder if the B and C lenses are from the same manufacturer. Either way, the developer obviously went to a lot of trouble in selecting the new C lens.

Horace, thank you for taking the time to make the comparison video.

You can see the C lens gathers more light in the beginning part about 0:06 to 0:12 before the car takes off. The building on the left is much brighter with the C lens. At about 3:34-3:40 you can see a slight difference in seeing license plates. Other than that I could see nothing showing any differences between the 2 lenses worthy of notice beyond the obvious FOV differences. The glare from license plates at night appears to be a serious problem. This is not a cam or lens problem as such. It is the reflective nature of the license plates themselves. If any dash cam has excellent light gathering capability reading plates at night will be difficult at best. Personally, I would prefer excellent light gathering capability and a problem seeing reflective license plates to seeing license plates and missing most other details.

It looks to me like the C lens is the clear winner here.

Last edited:
Mobius B vs C by night with street lights: FW v2.33, 50 Hz, 1080p wide, 30 fps, standard VDR, WDR on, default Advanced Image Settings, lens type set adequately.

Thanks.

Didn't notice any difference:)

There are some differences that @country_hick also mentioned, you can see them especially on the sides of the pictures: buildings have more details on the C and also the focus looks better. But this could be a problem of my B lens, I never adjusted it's focus.
My personal conclusion is:
- if you already have a Mobius B and don't want a second camera, stick with it
- if you want a (second) Mobius with wide lens go with C version
- if you want a (second) Mobius with wide lens and don't want to much fisheye distorsions go with B version

...also the focus looks better. But this could be a problem of my B lens, I never adjusted it's focus.

I have two Mobius B cams. The newer one is more sharply focussed than the older. The difference is similar to your B vs C comparison.

When I received the newer Mobius, I strapped it to the older, & shot some simultaneous footage. I cannot find the clips, however, these frame grabs show the difference...

image.jpg image.jpg

I really should adjust the focus of my older B, but it's close enough to being just right that I never get round to correcting it.

Last edited:
so which one(and where in europe) should i get mobius as my first and main dashcam?

so which one(and where in europe) should i get mobius as my first and main dashcam?

I am still looking.

You should choose someone from the authorized sellers list http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=25170905&postcount=2 (and an authorized sellers list is shown on page 1 of this 65 page thread).

Right now banggood is having a chinese new years sale ending soon that with their discount code seems to give me the best price. I suggest checking the websites of each seller and reseller in that list to see which will give you the best price. Being in the EU you may have import fees to consider as well as price.

I personally would plan on buying the mobius with lens C. Make sure it includes the mounting bracket. The wider field of view is my reason for choosing the C lens. The videos in the last 2 or 3 thread pages point me in that direction. If you want a narrower FOV the A lens may be your choice. If the cam you choose does not come with the super capacitor add one to your order. You also need to buy a sd card. 32gb is often suggested. To get power you need a usb cable long enough to reach a 12 volt to usb adapter of 1 amp. Having a right angel bend on the end of the cable may be necessary to fit in a tight spot. A 500 miliamp usb adapter is not big enough for this job. Add a mount of some shape to fit your car and you have a decent dash cam.

too many decisions to make
import fees do worry me, thats why i should choose shop that sends from somehwere in EU, but they are usually more expensive than US and CHINA shops with fees included and it is also not 100% that fee will apply so it could get through maybe without fee alot cheaper, but there is another thing to consider, if i need to send it back, it is more expensive to send further, to china or usa then in eu 25$ vs 10$

banggood also puts extra pressure with this discount ending today,?
this is V3 with wide C lens, today 70,5$
this is the best i can get?

where does banggood send from, china or uk?
for the V3 C lens it sayss ships from cn warehouse

but what about this one
http://eu.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wa...s-Camera-Wide-Angle-Edition-wp-Uk-917817.html
it says uk shipping but it is older version and B lens, and just got out of stock :( ?

so should i get these 2
V3 C lens, but its new, and ships from china and no feedback yet?

+ super capacitor

total 76USD + possibility of extra 20$ if import fees/taxes apply

Last edited:
The cams with v3 did not seem to be more expensive.
This cam has lens C. Read the questions at the bottom of the page for more answers. The sale is on until the 26th.

MOBIUS REQUEST FOLLOWS:
Can the developer change the mounting bracket to better suit dash cams like the picture in the link below but prettier? It would work much better in a crash to contain the unit.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/attachments/mobius-case-holder-3-jpg.1597

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it difficult to adjust the lens with the wrench? It seems like a lot of work.

Hi all, having issues turning my mobius camera lens b (wide angle) w/ ~800 m amp battery on. It was working fine this afternoon, ran out of battery > died (b/c of long commute). I plugged it into my laptop to charge it > initially it didn't respond. I pressed the power button and the green light came on. After ~2 hours green light turned off by itself. But pressing the power button wouldn't make the camera go into the yellow led, standby mode to transfer files. The Blue led blinked once, followed by the rear Red light 3 times in quick succession. After this the camera doesn't respond. I've tried different sd cards, formatting sd cards, pressing the reset button, different usb-mini usb cable ... all to no avail. Not sure what else to do. Camera isn't detected by setup program either (b/c the yellow led mode isn't activating for some reason).

I can post video of symptons if that helps.

UPDATE w/ link https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-TYfdTPB7DacHlXYktCUTZMbFE&authuser=0

Last edited:
Back