Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

New Sensor Module design
The developer is currently so busy that he hasn't been able to keep us up-to-date with regards to the latest developments or been able to send us a sample of the new sensor module yet.
However, as has been mentioned in RCGroups, the current lens base has now been replaced by a different model which contains an FPC ribbon cable connector. This eliminates replacing the whole module in case the cable is damaged by excessive bending.
With the current design, a damaged cable required buying a new sensor module / lens module. It is not possible to resolder a new cable to the existing module. A damaged cable in the new design can be easily and cheaply replaced. The new module requires a new case which will be sent together with the new lens, at least for the time being.
In addition, the metal backplate was found to be a little bit too thin. The backplate in the new base has been made slightly thicker which should prevent the lens becoming out of focus due to warping when there is a large difference in temperature extremes. It is also better in preventing light leakage and even better in releasing heat.

NewSensor.jpg
I contacted Banggood last week regarding my focus issues, and they are sending me one of these new lens modules.

They sent me an email on Wednesday stating it was processing and would ship soon.

I contacted Banggood last week regarding my focus issues, and they are sending me one of these new lens modules.

They sent me an email on Wednesday saying it was processing and would ship soon.
w00t, for free?
can i get one too?
what do i need to do?

w00t, for free?
can i get one too?
what do i need to do?

As it was a manufacturing issue they are sending it for free.

I'm not sure if you can get one. Hopefully the manufacturer has asked them to replace all faulty modules for free.

I simply wrote them a polite email explaining the problem. They asked me to send them a photo of the shipping label and a short video of the problem, which I did. They replied that they would send me a replacement module and asked if I could be patient while waiting for it to ship.

So far Banggood have offered very good service and most emails that I sent had a reply on the next business day.

As it was a manufacturing issue they are sending it for free.

I'm not sure if you can get one. Hopefully the manufacturer has asked them to replace all faulty modules for free.

I simply wrote them a polite email explaining the problem. They asked me to send them a photo of the shipping label and a short video of the problem, which I did. They replied that they would send me a replacement module and asked if I could be patient while waiting for it to ship.

So far Banggood have offered very good service and most emails that I sent had a reply on the next business day.
where can i see some samples how bad(focus) it was/is ?
did you notice change in focus after ~20mins recording?
what was the outside temperature when you first tested and noticed focus problems?

where can i see some samples how bad(focus) it was/is ?
did you notice change in focus after ~20mins recording?
what was the outside temperature when you first tested and noticed focus problems?

My problem was that I couldn't focus the lens at all. My images were slightly out of focus beyond 6 or so meters, giving it the look that the dash and sides were in focus and the central and upper areas were out of focus.

Most of my tests were done in ~25°c-34°c. I had been toying with the idea that perhaps my lens C was suffering heat focus issues and the ambient temperature was above the point at which the focus shifts, but I did do one morning test where the temp was ~9°c and there was no noticeable difference.

With regards to the new C lens being shipped with a new case, does this mean that the new lens won't fit in my existing V3 case?

With regards to the new C lens being shipped with a new case, does this mean that the new lens won't fit in my existing V3 case?
The latest lens base with the connector that I pictured here will not fit into any of the previous cases. The original lens 'C' module (without the connector) will fit into the V3 case.

Last edited by a moderator:
The latest lens base with the connector that I pictured here will not fit into any of the previous cases. The original lens 'C' module (without the connector) will fit into the V3 case.

Thanks for the info, think I might wait to see how the new lens performs before buying one.

Last edited by a moderator:
how sensitive is the microsd memory card slot mechanism in the mobius, i ask this because lately i do a lot of inserting and extracting of the microsd and i am starting to worry about the card slot, should i rather take the whole camera off the mount and plug it in usb on the pc, even though that way data transfer is a lot slower and im wearing out the camera mount and the mini usb port, but it is an easier fix in case of breaking

The camera should be long dead before the card slot wears out
that clicking mechanism, you think it is sturdy enough to handle lets say 2 cliks/day, so ~atleast 2000 cliks in a lifetime expected ?

that clicking mechanism, you think it is sturdy enough to handle lets say 2 cliks/day, so ~atleast 2000 cliks in a lifetime expected ?
I dont expect they use the cheapest type available, any decent one is rated at far more use than that

I have a 1.5 years Mobius that I use as primary cam and I switch the cards 2-3 times per week (guesstimate). Never failed. However, the clicking mechanism in my second Mobius failed after 1 month of not so frequent usage. From time to time I have to open it and press the metalic blade with a sharp object. That doesn't bother me because that cam will be installed using an SD card extender.
I remember that only one other user complained about the same issue...

When selecting a USB cigarette lighter charger do I select by the total output in amps?

For example:
If I got a 4 port charger rated at 2.1 amps. Does that mean that the total output is 2.1 amps for the charger?
Or do the 4 ports divide the 2.1 amps into .525 amps for each port? (I'm thinking this way but want to be sure)

I've been looking on Amazon US for a good dual port cigarette lighter charger but get a little confused at the array of different output ratings stated in the search. Most results are returned by device types like cell phones, tablets and such.

EDIT: I finally got it! The amps divide by the number of ports.
How about this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00D82O68Y

Last edited:
When selecting a USB cigarette lighter charger do I select by the total output in amps?

For example:
If I got a 4 port charger rated at 2.1 amps. Does that mean that the total output is 2.1 amps for the charger?
Or do the 4 ports divide the 2.1 amps into .525 amps for each port? (I'm thinking this way but want to be sure)

I've been looking on Amazon US for a good dual port cigarette lighter charger but get a little confused at the array of different output ratings stated in the search. Most results are returned by device types like cell phones, tablets and such.

EDIT: I finally got it! The amps divide by the number of ports.
How about this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00D82O68Y
A more discrete alternative is this one:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00E1...sche+revolt+12w+12w+4.8a+dual+usb+car+charger

Ahhhhh, I caved in. I just purchased a Mobius type C. We'll see if I get the updated version or not. They split my order into two. One has already shipped. Still waiting on the Mobius to ship. Maybe they are awaiting the updated version? Who knows. (Bought it from banggood.com, cheapest I could find shipping to Canada)

I have one of those, you certainly won't go wrong with it.
Great! I'll order one of these.
I found a website which the author performed numerous test on several different brands of chargers. This one was one of the editor's choice. With the Scosche being an editors choice also but was priced more.

Thanks for your reply!

I saw that one too in the performance study mentioned above and it too was a editor's pick as well. I compared them both so I will go with the less expensive one as I don't need to be discrete with it since it will be tucked away behind the interior fuse compartment door.

Thanks for your reply!

I've order my second Mobius cam for a rear view mount. It will be an interesting install in a pickup truck. :)

Back