Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

I have a Mobius (B lens) mounted in the rear window of a pick-up truck. Works great! Provides good coverage behind the truck and on both sides of the bed.
Do you have a photo on how you mounted your Mobius in the rear window of your truck?
It may give me some ideas on how to mount mine.

Thanks

I have a problem with my möbius camera. I turn the camera on, 3 quick red flashes from rear led to indicate battery charge. Then the yellow led turns solid to indicate it is ready to record. Then I push on the record button and the yellow led flashes slowly and in sync with the rear red led to indicate it is recording. But afetr X minutes, the 2 leds stay solidly on and the camera "freezes". It doesn't respond to the mode or record buttons, only to the power button.

I've already installed the newest firmware twice, tried different SD cards, reformatted them, resetted the camera, plugged the battery out and back in, refitted the lens module and still the same problem. It also sometimes freezes when it is NOT recording.

Anyone who can help me?

Quick question.
Did you do settings and "Set parameters" after resetting and upgrading FW?

After pressing the memory button to NOT overwrite the file, how do you go about unlocking the file back to rewriteable?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have a photo on how you mounted your Mobius in the rear window of your truck?
It may give me some ideas on how to mount mine.

Thanks

Same as the last time you asked about Mobius mounting I've opted to answer your question over in the "Mobius mounting solutions" thread rather than here. You'll find a photo posted there.

Hello fellow Dashcammers.

I've got a problem with my Mobius Cam, which i just can't figure out.
I'm using a DR32 Cam for 3 years now, and it works perfect. Then i decided to get another camera for my second car, so i don't have to switch it back and forth.

I bought a Mobius, Wide Angle version (Lens B if i remember correctly). I updated the firmware when i got it, and used msetup.exe to setup the camera as i wish.
Now here is the problem, when mounted in the car, the camera just doesn't start to record. I thought the power supply may be faulty, so today i hook up my other dashcam, and it worked instantly. But the Mobius just doesn't.

So i connected the camera to the computer, and tried to enable the recording before i connect the USB cable, and it worked, it even was 180° flipped, just as it should be.
The only problem is, it won't record in my car automatically.
"Power on - Auto record" is set to External Only.

In msetup.exe, there is only one profile in the dropdown menu. And both Video modes are setup the same, so both should do it for me, even if i select mode2 by accident.

The only thing i can think of right now, is the option "USB Data Port charging", it's enabled. So the cam can charge while recording when i'm driving.

what cable and power adapter set up are you using in the car?

It's the cable / adapter that came with the DR32 (808 #18 DR32 DVR), but plugged in straight in the fuse box using a fuse adapter.

As said, i swapped the cams today for testing and the DR32 started recording immediately. Plugged the Mobius in, nothing.
I would expect the DR32 with it's small screen would consume at least the same power, if not more. But then again, i have no idea anyway why it won't work.

I'm thinking it could be a pin issue, if the data pins are active then it won't auto record.

The USB cable that comes on your DR32 power supply has a slightly different pin set-up than the standard USB cable the Mobius uses. The Mobius is likely seeing your DR32 power supply as if it were a computer with a data signal. Try a standard 5pin USB to mini-B cable and it will probably work fine.

Edit: see THIS post (and thread) for more detailed information.

Thank you very much, all of you.

Thats something i would have never been able to figure out. I don't know why they fit in a Data-Pin in the DR32 cable, or how the mobius can detect the data pins while they aren't connected to anything, but well, that's the way it is i guess.

Looks like i have to install a new adapter, as the data pins are too small to cut (or pry or the like)

Thank you very much, all of you.

Thats something i would have never been able to figure out. I don't know why they fit in a Data-Pin in the DR32 cable, or how the mobius can detect the data pins while they aren't connected to anything, but well, that's the way it is i guess.

Looks like i have to install a new adapter, as the data pins are too small to cut (or pry or the like)

I don't actually know the pin scheme of the DR32 but if you wanted to alter it you could cut one of the wires rather than mess with the pins.

The simple thing to do is buy a 3 meter USB-A to mini-B cable like THIS one and and a 12V auto charger, something like THIS.

Last edited:
As suggested by @Isoprop, I have started a support thread for the Mobius. Here you will find useful information and support for the Mobius, as well as solutions to many situations. This is your go to guide for any questions or problems so:

Please post all support requests and problems here, do not start a new thread. Read posts #1-8 first. If you can't find your answer there then post your question or support request :D

The information found in posts #1-8 come from the RC Support Thread and is current as of Feb 12, 2014 (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1904559). The authors of this information are Tom Frank and Isoprop to whom we owe a huge Thank You for all their support of this camera and it's users.

If you find any mistakes, please send me a private message, as not to waste space here.
Hello,
I am new user, attempted to follow instructions on http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2085613&pp=100 to configure Mobius for Mac use (OSX 10.9.5), after holding down mode and power buttons as instructed, finally lights went off, plugged Mobius into computer got steady yellow light, turned on Mobius, 3 quick red flashes, then green light went on for an hour or so, then shut off, got message Mobius Managerv2 cannot be opened because it is from an unknown developer. If anyone can make suggestions, thank you very much.

Hello,
I am new user, attempted to follow instructions on http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2085613&pp=100 to configure Mobius for Mac use (OSX 10.9.5), after holding down mode and power buttons as instructed, finally lights went off, plugged Mobius into computer got steady yellow light, turned on Mobius, 3 quick red flashes, then green light went on for an hour or so, then shut off, got message Mobius Managerv2 cannot be opened because it is from an unknown developer. If anyone can make suggestions, thank you very much.

The reason you can't open MobiusManager is because of a security/anti-malware feature that has been built into Apple's OSX operating system since version 10. 7 .5 called "Gatekeeper". It will not allow you to install unidentified software from "unknown" developers.

In order to install a "known to be safe" but otherwise unsigned and not widely distributed piece of software like MobiusManager go to the Apple logo up in the uppermost left hand corner of your menu and click on it until you see the drop-down menu and chose, "System Preferences".

menu.png

When the System Preferences window opens, click on "Security & Privacy".
security.png

You will see the following window. If you need to, click on the lock icon and enter your administrator password to make changes. If you do this right after trying to install Mobius Manager, it will ask you specifically if you want to allow MobiusManager to be installed. Click "Open Anyway".

You can chose to allow from "Mac App Store & identified developers" and this will allow you to avoid this step if the software has been signed by a known developer. In this case the system will simply ask for permission to open an App you have downloaded for somewhere other than the Apple App Store. There is also an option to "always" allow unknown software from "Anywhere" to be installed but it's best to avoid using that and instead only install software on a case by case basis when its provenance is known to you.

Once MobiusManager is installed properly you will be able to configure your Mobius.

gatekeeper5.png

Last edited:
The reason you can't open Mobius Manager is because of a security/anti-malware feature that has been built into Apple's OSX operating system since version 10. 7 .5 called "Gatekeeper". It will not allow your to install unidentified software from "unknown" developers.

Instead of double-clicking on the Mobius Manager app to open it, right click on the app and select Open from the drop-down menu.

EDIT: If it's any help, take a look at the previous page (86) where I posted info for Mac users and my own experience with the Mobius which I am very pleased with.

The reason you can't open MobiusManager is because of a security/anti-malware feature that has been built into Apple's OSX operating system since version 10. 7 .5 called "Gatekeeper". It will not allow your to install unidentified software from "unknown" developers.

In order to install a "known to be safe" but otherwise unsigned and not widely distributed piece of software like MobiusManager go to the Apple logo up in the uppermost left hand corner of your menu and click on it until you see the drop-down menu and chose, "System Preferences".

View attachment 12948

When the System Preferences window opens, click on "Security & Privacy".
View attachment 12949

You will see the following window. If you need to, click on the lock icon and enter your administrator password to make changes. If you do this right after trying to install Mobius Manager, it will ask you specifically if you want to allow MobiusManager to be installed. Click "Open Anyway".

You can chose to allow from "Mac App Store & identified developers" and this will allow you to avoid this step if the software has been signed by a known developer. In this case the system will simply ask for permission to open an App you have downloaded for somewhere other than the Apple App Store. There is also an option to "always" allow unknown software from "Anywhere" to be installed but it's best to avoid using that and instead only install software on a case by case basis when its provenance is known to you.

Once MobiusManager is installed properly you will be able to configure your Mobius.

View attachment 12951
Thank you, I successfully bypassed Gatekeeper, got Mobius manager, clicked on what I think are the appropriate boxes, clicked on blue "Load Config" box in "Basic Sett.", and nothing happened . Mobius manager is frozen, load box is still blue, camera is sitting here w/ yellow light on. no virtual box or Mobius on desktop. Any suggestion would me much appreciated.

Back