Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

When I play a video recorded with Mobius One, VLC presents distorted audio (volume goes up and down, and it is scratchy), but in potplayer no such thing, works great. The thing is, I have M1's and I want to use it as a USB camera (webmode). Check this:

Yep i have also seen that issue with some players, cant recall if it was VLC or what, but i quickly fount out it was just in the player and it was gone after i had stitched one of my youtube uploads together.
I blame Microsoft and windows 10, they really not been great lately with their updates ASO.

I noticed that audio in VLC when I chose .mov but play OK in QT,
But if format is mp4, noise goes away in VLC.
But I am on Mac.

I noticed that audio in VLC when I chose .mov but play OK in QT,
But if format is mp4, noise goes away in VLC.
But I am on Mac.

I think I tried MP4, but I'm not sure. But I think it does not solve the issue for webcam use in ZOOM for example... But I can try anyway.

I recall there being an issue with a VLC update some months back but I can't remember what the issue was.I never allow automatic updates so it didn't affect me but I'll have to do some digging around to see if they fixed the problem sooner or later as the older versions of things can stop working when technology advances.Still using W8.1 home here and planning to never go to W10; W7 was the last decent product MS offered and they're not going to change course to anything better now.

Phil

I think I tried MP4, but I'm not sure. But I think it does not solve the issue for webcam use in ZOOM for example... But I can try anyway.

BTW, did I mention the Maxi works great in webcam mode?

OK, so, changed to MP4 and AVI, and both playback in VLC with sound OK (no up/down jumping and distortion), so that's good.

In webcam mode video however still no sound in ZOOM, as in VLC.....

That s@cks, cause now I can ONLY use in loop mode with MOV, but that's not cool in VLC (my program of choice), and loop doesn't work with MP4 ... aaahhhrggg

Guess I'll leave it on AVI then. Any cons/drawbacks for that mode by any chance?? :cautious:

Hi all,

I'm having a bit of trouble with my mobius 2.

Firmware: latest available (2.41)
Power: Permanent power with super capacitor.
Mode: motion detection and loop recording on.

When first recording on a newly formatted SD card it creates the usual folders DCIM / 100HDDVR and starts placing files there as expected.

However for some reason it will, at some point, start creating additional 100HDDVR folders, e.g. 100HDDVR(1) etc

This seems to mess with the loop recording and eventually the card fills up.

Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution?

Hi all,

I'm having a bit of trouble with my mobius 2.

Firmware: latest available (2.41)
Power: Permanent power with super capacitor.
Mode: motion detection and loop recording on.

When first recording on a newly formatted SD card it creates the usual folders DCIM / 100HDDVR and starts placing files there as expected.

However for some reason it will, at some point, start creating additional 100HDDVR folders, e.g. 100HDDVR(1) etc

This seems to mess with the loop recording and eventually the card fills up.

Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution?

There is a dedicated support thread for the Mobius 2 (M2). The thread doesn't get much traffic since the camera was discontinued some time ago. As @Harsh already pointed out it sounds like you have an M1 camera rather than an M2. The last firmware update for the Mobius 2 was v2.14.

FWIW, the last firmware update for the Mobius Maxi was v 2.40 just in case that is confusing the issue.

If @Harsh's suggestion doesn't work double check your settings in mSetup. Also, try turning off motion detection and see what happens.

If the problem persists try reinstalling the firmware.

If you're a biker like me, and want to record your epic ride outs, you must be painstakingly annoyed by the level of windnoise you're getting. So did I, because as much as I like the images, I also want to get as clean as possible exhaust songs recorded...... And up to some 40 mls/hr it's actually not that bad, but if you're an upshifter and breaking the speed at levels where there's no room for fear, the wind noise grows exponentially.

Therefore we can use external mikes with special addons for noise reduction.

Now, I wouldn't be a Dutchy if I hadn't tried to get the unwanted noise down without any external mike-hassle and for less then a dollar (or eu... whatever). So I tested something that probably have cost me 20 cents or so.

This time I used the Mobius One, so that's why I posted here, but you can transfer that to all similar setups ultra easy.

Video here.

Hi,

I've had my Mobius for many years now and have never really had a problem with it...but now I do.

Hopefully someone can help.

My set up is plugged into cigarette lighter USB adaptor in car.

1. The date is always incorrect. It defaults to December 31st 2011 and January 1st 2012. I have connected it to the computer and enabled the 'sync date' with computer. This appears to work for the first few recordings, but then the date is lost again. I have removed the time stamp in the app as a cheap workaround, though this isn't obviously ideal.

2. The final recording is always missing. So when the camera turns off ie with the engine of my car, the last 5 minute segment doesn't save. It's like it is wiped. I only found out about this after a minor accident involving a large item falling from a lorry right in front of me, yet the camera completely missed it because the last recording before turn off doesn't save.

I'm guessing this is probably battery related? Or perhaps in regards to number 2 I have the wrong setting enabled (even though I haven't changed them, and I know for a fact it used to work as intended).

Any help or guidance much appreciated. Thank you!

Yes, I was thinking as much. Is the information in the opening posts still relevant (I see 6 years old) - can I still purchase a new battery? And from where? Thank you.

Yeah, saw that, all seems out of date to be honest.

Some vendors don't exist, some won't ship outside or China, and some don't have the battery listed.

Thanks anyway though!

Back