My A119 V2

County's religion is "Hindu". Cow is sacred to "Hindu's".

Yes, I know. It makes me wonder why sacred animals are permitted to wander out onto a dangerous highway with cars speeding past them. What happens for a driver who hits a "sacred cow" at 65+ mph? :wideyed: @Harsh came pretty close.

cow2.jpg

Last edited:
Considering how much a cow weighs, the outcome is probably not much different than hitting a moose.

Depending upon how the animal was struck, the outcome for the people in the front seat of the car would likely be far worse and more likely to be fatal hitting a moose than hitting a cow. Since moose are much taller animals, their legs get taken out from under them on impact thrusting the entire carcass of the animal (weighing as much as 1500 pounds) up off the ground and right into the car's windscreen. And some of these animals have a huge rack of antlers too! A full grown cow also weighs about 1500 pounds so the outcome wouldn't be too good either but with their shorter legs the front of the car would take more of the impact. Unfortunately, I know a thing or two about this from living in an area inhabited by both moose and cows.

When I asked, "What happens for a driver who hits a "sacred cow" at 65+ mph?" I was thinking more about the legal and social consequences of harming or killing a sacred animal under such circumstances, even accidentally. Is the driver at fault or does the owner of the animal, sacred though it may be, have any liability for it being out on the highway?

Speaking of wayward cows, these lovely ladies showed up in front of my house after escaping from my neighbor's pasture. I got to help chase them around for more than an hour after alerting my neighbor of their whereabouts.

cows4.jpg

Last edited:
True, moose (meese?) being taller will definitely be worse, but then again there are a lot of small cars in India, and their hood/bonnet may be low enough to take out the cow's legs. I know for a fact that my Miata's hood was low enough to take out the legs of a calf - I came across some that had broken out and were wandering around in the road. I stopped in time, but they wouldn't get out of the road. Honking didn't do anything, and I didn't want to try pushing or slapping one myself, so I got the bright idea to gently nudge the calf in front of me with my car. The bumper touched him just above the knee. His eyes got big and he got the hint, and he and the rest got out of the road.

True, moose (meese?) being taller will definitely be worse, but then again there are a lot of small cars in India, and their hood/bonnet may be low enough to take out the cow's legs. I know for a fact that my Miata's hood was low enough to take out the legs of a calf - I came across some that had broken out and were wandering around in the road. I stopped in time, but they wouldn't get out of the road. Honking didn't do anything, and I didn't want to try pushing or slapping one myself, so I got the bright idea to gently nudge the calf in front of me with my car. The bumper touched him just above the knee. His eyes got big and he got the hint, and he and the rest got out of the road.

Yeah, it wouldn't be good to run into a cow or a moose at highway speeds with a small car, or even a big one for that matter. It doesn't matter how short the animal is as long as it has enough weight. Some friends ran into a black bear that ran across a highway at night and it was a real mess. The impact of hitting the bear shortened the frame of the car by more than two inches. There were four people in the car and two of them suffered fairly serious injuries even though they were wearing seat belts.

Amazing to see a cow casually wandering down the highway. :eek: And you seem so casual about nearly sideswiping it as you zip past it in your lane as if this happens all the time. :)
I happen to live in area that is known for dairy farming and cows and other livestock get loose all the time but they don't often end up just walking down a major highway like that.

Yes, all the time.

This is still rural, I see them all over Delhi's streets too.

County's religion is "Hindu". Cow is sacred to "Hindu's".

And still they're let loose every morning to wander around and graze on leftovers, most of it wrapped in plastic bags. Sad...

What happens for a driver who hits a "sacred cow" at 65+ mph? :wideyed: @Harsh came pretty close.

Totally depends on where and how it happens. I've heard and read about drivers getting lynched.

Me too. [emoji846]

One gets used to dodging them with so many around.

Lynched is a worst case scenario. Then too it's not like you'll be hung, probably beaten black and blue.

Earlier, I did say, "you seem so casual about nearly sideswiping it as you zip past it in your lane as if this happens all the time", and apparently that was true. I guess it's not a good idea to get too distracted where you drive but it's amazing the things we all can get used to in our usual driving environments.

In my old home town of Aarhus there use to be a slaughterhouse on the harbor, quite a few times a cow or 2 escaped and created havoc in downtown cuz no town folk's knew how to handle such a fierce animal.
And may years ago a moose actually swam to Denmark from Sweden and roamed around for a while, and then it swam back.
But a few years ago some moose was let loose in a large nature preserve north of where i live now, but they are in a large fenced off area.

hehe yeah, a moose are somewhat of a meaty 4 legged tank.
In Sweden they try their best to fence roads off, but they still get on the road.
Last time we was fishing up there i slowed down ( motorway ) as one stood at the side of the road, resulting in my friend driving behind me almost rear ended me due to him driving and shooting scenic video with a camcorder.
That could have been a really short fishing trip back then.

hehe yeah, a moose are somewhat of a meaty 4 legged tank.
In Sweden they try their best to fence roads off, but they still get on the road.
Last time we was fishing up there i slowed down ( motorway ) as one stood at the side of the road, resulting in my friend driving behind me almost rear ended me due to him driving and shooting scenic video with a camcorder.
That could have been a really short fishing trip back then.

Not too long ago a moose ran across the field right behind my house and I grabbed my camera and captured a photo of him. He was a young animal but he was huge!

moose.jpg

Apologies to @Harsh for totally derailing his thread here. (Even if it was all his fault for almost running into that cow and capturing it on his A119 V2!)

No problem.

A friend once hit one in Delhi. It was past midnight, not too many people around and the cow rolled off the bonnet and strolled away as if nothing happened. He wasn't left with much of a choice either...

Our other friend who was with him couldn't help but burst out while describing our driver friend's reaction on seeing the cow. Oye Cooooow. Bang! :LOL:

Pulled the card out today after maybe a month. Has not been saving the last file since, I don't know when. Oldest files on the card are from 10 days ago, last file is corrupted for all trips.

Got to be the capacitor, will open it up and check.

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Doesn't look too hard to repair and unlike some cameras there's plenty of room in case you have trouble finding super-caps with the same dimensions.

Doesn't look too hard to repair and unlike some cameras there's plenty of room in case you have trouble finding super-caps with the same dimensions.

Don't see any ratings mentioned on the capacitor. I think capacitors rated identical to what's inside the A129 should work, those are 2.7V 5F. Can't find them online within India, saw a few listings on AE.

Soldering wires is doable, that also I'm not good at. Will get it done at a local A/V repair shop, it's walking distance. Will check will them first if they keep such capacitors in stock.

Back