My A119 V2

Four years ago when I was experimenting with super-caps I purchased the same brand, Nano Force on eBay and they looked extremely similar to the ones in your A119. The rating was written on the sides but the plastic sleeve on them gets cut off randomly so the ratings and lettering could end up in different places. Have you carefully checked around the back or the edges on the bottom of the cap, or the top? I have a hunch you'll find the ratings on there somewhere. It appears as if there is a rating similar to mine on the edge along the bottom of the caps on your A119. FWIW, the ones I have are 2.7V 10 F but 2.7V 5F seem very common on different cameras I own.

nanoforcecaps.jpg

a119caps.jpg

Edit: I believe those are Nano Force G7A 2.7 volt 3.3F super caps. Also, it's my understanding that @viofo has been using improved super-capacitors and RTC batteries since the end of 2017.

Last edited:
Edit: I believe those are Nano Force G7A 2.7 volt 3.3F super caps. Also, it's my understanding that @viofo has been using improved super-capacitors and RTC batteries since the end of 2017.

Thanks, didn't notice the 3.3.

@viofo is moving to 5F the improvement/upgrade?

Thanks. Since it's under a year old, I've emailed Bill as well. Will check with the local repair shop tomorrow.

IIRC ones in the A119 Pro pic are same as what were in the A119S I had.

Maybe "improved" simply meant moving to a different brand? HyCaps are used in the Mobius, actually. After years of hard use in extreme temperatures both hot and cold, never had an issue with any of them.

No need to use larger caps. We have upgraded to Korean brand super capacitor 6 month ago.
Also we have a new firmware under testing for A119, can save the video in .TS format, can finally solve the last file broken issue.

Not available at the local A/V repair shop, they don't have any for 2.7V.

Charge for replacing two capacitors - $3. :)

do somebody know where to get the original hycaps which viofo use in the a119pro and newest a119s (shown in #146) ?

VIOFO has dispatched a set of capacitors with my order for a couple of adhesive mounts.

Contacted Banggood as well, wanted to see how they would handle it -

Thank you for your email and order 34924866.

We are terribly sorry to hear that your 1068196 does not work anymore, and we totally understand your anxiety.

After checking, we find that the order was shipped/ delivered on 2017-09-12. As we know, each product has its own life span. After months of using, the product has greater possibility to get damaged. For this product, because the time is over 6 months, it is no longer under warranty. We are sorry for this situation.

According to Banggood warranty policy, we are sorry to tell you that we are not able to provide any resend, refund or repair service.

But our aspiration is to keep you as one of our most valued customers. We would like to send you 400 BG points (100 points=1 USD) as goodwill. you may use the points for next purchasing. For more details about the BG points, please refer to this link:

Please also kindly note that the points can be exchanged to give up to 15%-20% off your order and can not be applied to the following circumstances which are already in discount: promotional products, snap-up products.

For the defective product, we suggest you to repair the product or buy a replacement in local store. Simultaneously, we will send your feedback to our supplier.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused and looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

:rolleyes:

@viofo

Isn't warranty one year, regardless of where it's bought from?

Last edited:
jup, typical banggood style.

they first offer me 40€ back, ibdidnt accept.
then they offer 600points, i didnt accept.

now they want a video of the pop sound from thr capacitor... i tell them 3 times that this is impossible because that happend a few days ago and i dont have a timemachine to go to the past and make a video.

they still want a video...
i cant believe.

now i opened a paypal buyer protection ticket.

Told them to stick their points where the sun doesn't shine.

Seriously thought warranty is 1 year.

Tried the new firmware indoor.

Basically I can put this back in the car and not wait for the replacement capacitors to arrive. Last file saves to the very last second till power is cut.

Untitled.png

Good backup for a camera with a failing/failed capacitor. :)

Back