My Mobius Maxi

Maybe a little firmware refinement will help with lockups.
It is a new camera, sort of expected.
It's the only camera I have that webcam mode can lock the camera up (from the computer side).

The manual says if you hit 2 of the buttons at the same time the maxi can lock up. (I forget which 2 buttons)
Could you have hit 2 buttons at the same time?

How do you get the maxi to act as a webcam? I have not been able to figure that out.

Had messaged eletoponline365 regarding the screw issue. New housing is on the way.

Installed the capacitor kit.

'Power-Off Disconnect' set to two seconds works fine with my diesel car, Maxi restarts and resumes recording when switching from ACC or ON to Start.

Will try 'Immediate' and see what happens.

Correction - Doesn't restart, goes into standby for a moment and then resumes recording.

Last edited:
So far I've not had any problems with the 2-second option, such as failing to save the last recording. It seems to work better than the 'immediate' option, even with a capacitor.

Looking forward to the start-up routine for 'Immediate' being fixed, hopefully for the M1 as well.

Set to 'Immediate' with the capacitor kit, Maxi turns off.

If it works for you, and for me, with '2 seconds', does 'immediate' need to be fixed?

In my cheeky opinion, 4 capacitors is nice way of circumventing this startup routine issue. Why not fix it if it's possible to do so via firmware? How hard could it be, they had it right till 2.33 for the M1.

And if this is the fix, does Mobius plan on releasing a kit with four capacitors for the M1?

But wait, the M1 doesn't have a 2 second 'Power-Off Disconnect' setting.

?

Seems to be behaving exactly like the M1, with the battery or capacitor and 'Immediate'. Is there more to it?

they have an issue with the startup process, a battery manages that easily but with caps they need to change the logic in the startup routine or it will shutdown when you start the car, they've been told multiple times but they don't understand it seems

putting larger or more caps won't fix this and can actually make it worse

Makes no sense because if they didn't know how to do and it worked fine till 2.33, means it's already in the SDK and they had it implemented already and then went and messed it up after 2.33.

Makes no sense because if they didn't know how to do and it worked fine till 2.33, means it's already in the SDK and they had it implemented already and then went and messed it up after 2.33.
it's not any SDK default, it's something they've coded themselves and they've messed it up in the last M1 firmware and seems they've copied that same logic to other models, it's very typical of engineers to copy the same logic from one product to the next, even if on a different platform, it has been mentioned multiple times but gets dismissed as a hardware limitation, as the saying goes, you can lead a horse to water .........

It's been my understanding that Mobius monitors the forums very closely here and elsewhere and has been for quite a long time, so it's not like they would be unaware of the various problems and concerns that get discussed here often and repeatedly over time. So the question is not what they need to do to address various outstanding issues but why they don't?

Back