My recommended mounting tape

Milamber

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
A129 Pro Duo
Well after talks with the guys a few weeks back, I came to the conclusion to get some heavy weight tape that supported UV protection and a good beating in the event I was in a collision. So this is the tape I recommend for just $6 AUD from Bunnings Warehouse.

SVp9vsD5

I'll take some pics of the exterior of the vehicle, once I mount the camera to the windscreen tomorrow morning.

That would be great jokiin, I installed the latest firmware too last night and it worked like a charm (as always). I'm also glad, that you use black suction caps - never understood why so many manufacturers use clear especially GPS mounts... at least with the black one from your dashcam it's impossible to see it since it matches my tint so well. It would be ideal if they all made them black...

That would be great jokiin, I installed the latest firmware too last night and it worked like a charm (as always). I'm also glad, that you use black suction caps - never understood why so many manufacturers use clear especially GPS mounts... at least with the black one from your dashcam it's impossible to see it since it matches my tint so well. It would be ideal if they all made them black...

I have actually had clear mounts before but it was a supply error, it's never intentional, black is the go

for the tape we're having to get it made as what we need isn't a default size or type, always more work to get what you want I guess

I have actually had clear mounts before but it was a supply error, it's never intentional, black is the go

for the tape we're having to get it made as what we need isn't a default size or type, always more work to get what you want I guess

Yeah but worth it.

With this tape I will need to cut it into into two sections, since the default width of the tape isn't wide enough for the surface mount of the Panorama II.

Korean Albatross2 uses 3M branded clear adhesive glue type on their brackets / mounts and it holds strong. I guess Perma Products is similar.

Yeah but worth it.

With this tape I will need to cut it into into two sections, since the default width of the tape isn't wide enough for the surface mount of the Panorama II.

Didn't I put you onto this product a few weeks back?

I told you it was good ;)

Cheers :) Mario

Didn't I put you onto this product a few weeks back?

I told you it was good ;)

Cheers :) Mario

Thanks buddy! I couldn't recall who it was. I installed the dashcam this morning and will take pics when it's less cloudy, loads of reflection on the windshield at the moment.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

IMG_0115.JPG

This is what I use It allows you to use a camera in multiple cars.
Means you can remove the mount and all simply by pulling it off leaving a strip of the tape on the screen
I have used it in 5 cars in 4 countries for over 2 years in temps from below freezing to 40C +

Last edited:
Just bought some dual lock, in black. Package says each 1 inch length of strip holds 2 lbs.

Just bought some dual lock, in black. Package says each 1 inch length of strip holds 2 lbs.
Just watch out, the black version looks better on the windshield but is not rated for all weather. If you're leaving it in direct sunlight for extended periods of time you might be better off with the clear version. Nevertheless, judging from the strength I saw when installing mine (I got the clear ones), I think the black ones might hold up just fine.

Back