My SG9665GC-V2 Is On The Way!!!

Do you remote start or otherwise allow your car to warm up on such cold days before driving? I don't have to deal with that kind of cold! :)

Do you remote start or otherwise allow your car to warm up on such cold days before driving? I don't have to deal with that kind of cold! :)
Yep i remote start from the on star app. So its usually running for around 15 minutes before i head out there. Only thing usually cold still is the steering wheel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Welp i went out about 10 minutes ago and plugged it back in to go drop off a package, up and running like nothing ever happened.

Well that pic is blurry but at least you can see its on and recording.

Last edited:
I had a 'one off' incident like that last year when it got extremely cold (-15F). Camera didn't start recording until after I had been driving for about 20 minutes or so. After that it's been rock solid, even with much colder temps. Since I had 2 cams running off the same power supply and they both failed it's pretty certain that either the outlet or the adapter was the problem spot versus the camera.

Just a note but I did not notice the status of the various lights when it occurred - only became aware of the issue when I was reviewing the videos.

No problems yesterday but i did take it inside overnight tuesday night.

Last edited:
Well I ended up having to wait until Monday evening for it to be delivered but I finally got it. Install was fairly simple but getting the GPS wire to stay in the headliner was a PITA. It seems the wire is not thick enough to stay tucked away. The power cable had no problems at all as its thicker so its tucked away nicely.

Im thinking over the weekend if I have time I will get some help and put the GPS cord in first then tuck in the power cord, being thicker should hold both in place.

Downloaded a cpl vids to my phone of the drive to work. Clean crisp clear WOW. I noticed when facing the sun was the only time my dash was visible. I will view some more footage to figure out if I will need the CPL filter or not.

Here's one screen shot I grabbed, looks like I need to fix the date & time again (it was set last night, but not this AM)

1c6688db9e92b446811a241773fba212.jpg

I am really impressed with the quality of pictures, I'll have to keep my eye on this camera when I'm ready for a front camera!

I am really impressed with the quality of pictures, I'll have to keep my eye on this camera when I'm ready for a front camera!
I am 100% satisfied with this dashcam and would reccomend it to anyone who is considering getting one. Well worth the money paid.

And with their newer version youre getting a bigger microSD and the CPL filter basically free (compared to price i paid without it)

Heres some night photos again just cause

Last edited:
Thanks quise2024, those night photos are a lot better then most I've seen (I like it, I like it a lot)!

, came out this morning temp was around -22°F on my way to work this morning ...
how do you lot live in these temperatures?? do you have fridges up there or just heaters to keep stuff between 0-4 degrees C?

I was just out for a short drive a few hours ago, the car have been sitting in blow freezing for 2 days and when i cranked it today the temperature was -7

All cameras in my car started,,, that is the joovuu X camera in my rear window dident.

But SG - Mobius 1 & 2 and Innovv C3 dident drop a beat, and X cam also sprung to life after the car heated up a little and had been stopped while i was shopping.

you dont live in such temperatures @wozzzzza we are merely existing, or at least thats the case for me.

And i just saw on TV the border between Finland and Russia, up there it was -31 :eek: i got shivers sitting in my warm living rom just seeing those temperatures on the TV screen.

And -31 seem to be warm part of Russia ATM
http://www.eldoradocountyweather.com/climate/world-extremes/world-temp-rainfall-extremes.php

how do you lot live in these temperatures?? do you have fridges up there or just heaters to keep stuff between 0-4 degrees C?

Not only live wozzzzza, but work and drive too, not everybody works in a nice warm office environment. I'll stick with my Sunshine Coast weather, it does hot & humid and cold in winter (by our standards) but not for months at a time. :D

Trust me if i could get up n leave easily i would. Ive been here a few years, longer than i planned on.

Summer is hot as hell though and most homes dont have AC. Mid-late July thru August mid 90s, some days in the100s

I was just out for a short drive a few hours ago, the car have been sitting in blow freezing for 2 days and when i cranked it today the temperature was -7

All cameras in my car started,,, that is the joovuu X camera in my rear window dident.

But SG - Mobius 1 & 2 and Innovv C3 dident drop a beat, and X cam also sprung to life after the car heated up a little and had been stopped while i was shopping.

you dont live in such temperatures @wozzzzza we are merely existing, or at least thats the case for me.

And i just saw on TV the border between Finland and Russia, up there it was -31 :eek: i got shivers sitting in my warm living rom just seeing those temperatures on the TV screen.

And -31 seem to be warm part of Russia ATM
http://www.eldoradocountyweather.com/climate/world-extremes/world-temp-rainfall-extremes.php

That is why they are known as "mad Russians". :D
Actually I take my hat off to people who live in either of the extremes. Places here in Australia were supposed to hit 46C (114F) yesterday and for the next couple of days as well.

47 do seem a bit over the top, though i have "worked" in such temperatures in a ship engine room ( even hotter in some places )

But you just cant work every minute of every hour in such temperatures, i crawled a bit around on car sized AUX engines ( physical size not ccm size )working on those, but i also spent a lot of time in the control room where the engineers was sitting all the time as i was doing their job most of the time.

But its a up hill battle for sure, even just sitting on the porch trowing back sodas or beers is hard to keep up before the things go warm and icky.

I used to take a bucket of ice cubes put 4 cokes in there, go up on monkey island ( on top of wheel house ) lounge back there in a chair and suck up some rays of sun, but only like 30 - 40 minutes then cokes was out and so almost ice cubes, and sn exposure was past the daily allowance for such a climate.

But i will take extreme heat over extreme cold any day of the week, i have been on Greenland too in pretty nasty low temperatures, but i was only on deck during arrival and departure from port.
And when i was engineer on the factory ship up there it was only fall so those 4 months was not that bad, worst part there was the 16 - 18 hour work every day and the poor wages.

Last edited:
I keep the temp in my freezer at 0F (-18C). During the winter it's not unusual for my freezer to be warmer than the outside air. :(

well I wouldn't be in a hurry to start up an airconditioning business up there.
One of my neighbors works in Heating/Air Conditioning and says he is usually busier in summer than winter. When the temps are 90F (and higher) and the humidity is 80% (and higher) it gets real uncomfortable real quick. :(

well I wouldn't be in a hurry to start up an airconditioning business up there.
Trust me, if you can afford business to be lower priced than competition and make enough in return youd be boomin up here.

Last edited:
Back