My SG9665GC-V2 Is On The Way!!!

quise2024

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Street Guardian SG9665GC
Finally ordered it and excited to see the performance after so many good reviews, as well as seeing the great CS offered by these guys on here.

Forked out the extra $20 for 2-day shipping to get it by Friday, well that was the estimated date so hopefully it comes and I wont have to wait out the weekend :).

Im in Montana so my screenshots and vids (once recorded and uploaded) could give you guys a little change of scenery in dash cam footage.

My driving doesnt normally consist of long trips so the included 32GB should be enough. I do plan on visiting Glacier and Yellowstone National Parks again this summer/fall so may grab a 64GB for those trips in case we spot a lot of things worth keeping.

Oh and I also plan to pick up a Mini0826 to run as my rear cam, will order that end of the week though.

To be continued .....

They are working on a rear cam system, you might want to hold off on that.

They are working on a rear cam system, you might want to hold off on that.
Yeah i saw that a week or so ago, but looks like its still some time away. When it does come, maybe hopefully it can link up with the established GC and I can move the Minito my wifes car or something.

Thanks for that heads up though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

HERE you can read which memory cards I have been using successfully and how long you can record before they start overwriting.

Well I ended up having to wait until Monday evening for it to be delivered but I finally got it. Install was fairly simple but getting the GPS wire to stay in the headliner was a PITA. It seems the wire is not thick enough to stay tucked away. The power cable had no problems at all as its thicker so its tucked away nicely.

Im thinking over the weekend if I have time I will get some help and put the GPS cord in first then tuck in the power cord, being thicker should hold both in place.

Downloaded a cpl vids to my phone of the drive to work. Clean crisp clear WOW. I noticed when facing the sun was the only time my dash was visible. I will view some more footage to figure out if I will need the CPL filter or not.

Here's one screen shot I grabbed, looks like I need to fix the date & time again (it was set last night, but not this AM)

1c6688db9e92b446811a241773fba212.jpg

Check the timezone setting in the menu, default setting is +10 offset
Yeah i screwed that up i had it at +7 (China) and it needs to be -7 (Mountain)

Playing with the exposure settings this morning, need to find a good setting to counteract the brightness of open skies here but not lose the sharpness and lighting of cars and scenery

500aad.png

21ngo3n.png

20uaezo.png

29nzghz.png

@Pier28 where can i get another static mount?

I had to remove mine when i got my tint put on the sunstrip. I put it back up today and it was good for the first hour and 20 minutes of my drive and boom it fell off

I like having that vs sticking the 3M to the windshield

@Pier28 where can i get another static mount?

I had to remove mine when i got my tint put on the sunstrip. I put it back up today and it was good for the first hour and 20 minutes of my drive and boom it fell off

I like having that vs sticking the 3M to the windshield

I just sent you a private message with some links to our store.

I also just ordered this camera. It will be at least 1 week before I receive it due to international shipping. I'm looking forward to it!

I also just ordered this camera. It will be at least 1 week before I receive it due to international shipping. I'm looking forward to it!

Welcome to the club. If anyone else is shopping for the GC in Canada, fastest way to get one is via Amazon.CA (Prime shipping)
@BlackboxMyCar also sells the GC

Welcome to the club. If anyone else is shopping for the GC in Canada, fastest way to get one is via Amazon.CA (Prime shipping)
@BlackboxMyCar also sells the GC
Hello. I do have Amazon.ca Prime, but the SG9665GC v2 is not in stock at amazon.ca.
Link: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/B00U0OJMYGAs for BBMC, don't get me started on them. I will never do business with that company. :mad:

Ah looks like we sold out faster than anticipated. More stock is on the way to the Amazon.CA warehouse as we speak.
This is interesting news. Can you please let me know what price it will be on amazon.ca?

Curious how you added "Silverado" in the display? Is there a setting I'm missing?

Back