My SG9665GC-V2 Is On The Way!!!

Off topic. hope its ok to ask you a question about the A119 plus GPS. Why with the SG it plays back in MOV. and plays back all the files no problem. But with the A119 it plays back in MP4 file. not MOV. From approx. 30 3 min files maybe 10 files will not open. an error message come on saying 1 This items file format may be unsupported 2 File extension may be incorrect. and 3 file may be corrupted. I cannot understand why. with the SG nothing like that.

MP4 or MOV are just containers, they're both still H.264 encoded files, the container is basically just an instruction set for the device to know how to handle the file, the encoding is still the same, of the 3 possibilities mentioned it's quite possible that the files are corrupt, what memory card is it, is the card ok? Any unusual behavior from the camera?

MP4 or MOV are just containers, they're both still H.264 encoded files, the container is basically just an instruction set for the device to know how to handle the file, the encoding is still the same, of the 3 possibilities mentioned it's quite possible that the files are corrupt, what memory card is it, is the card ok? Any unusual behavior from the camera?
Brand new Transend premium 400x 64GB. I even switched the resolution to try out each one and it is the same problem. The only unusual thing and I have to laugh is the 3 different sounding alerts that go off every 5 min. I am aware how its supposed to work but my A119 must be possessed, bells, whistles, dinging and I'm just going in a straight line. I have to turn it off its useless. Also too many resolutions to pick from making it very confusing. May I ask did you get an ETA for Amazon.CA for the SG9665GC

Brand new Transend premium 400x 64GB. I even switched the resolution to try out each one and it is the same problem. The only unusual thing and I have to laugh is the 3 different sounding alerts that go off every 5 min. I am aware how its supposed to work but my A119 must be possessed, bells, whistles, dinging and I'm just going in a straight line. I have to turn it off its useless. Also too many resolutions to pick from making it very confusing. May I ask did you get an ETA for Amazon.CA for the SG9665GC

maybe something going on with the camera, not sure, do you get the same if trying to playback through a different program?

Amazon stuff I have no idea, you'd have to ask @Pier28 about that

maybe something going on with the camera, not sure, do you get the same if trying to playback through a different program?

Amazon stuff I have no idea, you'd have to ask @Pier28 about that
Yes I put that same card in the SG9665GC with out any problem and all I did with the A119 is I put the card directly in my laptop and just opened it no special program

Yes I put that same card in the SG9665GC with out any problem and all I did with the A119 is I put the card directly in my laptop and just opened it no special program

did you format the card in the 119, I'm not sure if it will set the card up the same as ours does or not

did you format the card in the 119, I'm not sure if it will set the card up the same as ours does or not
yes I did format it in the camera can u give me that link to test a card please

A119...Do you think that 1/3 of my playback files are failing to playback on my pc is due to the 2560x1440? Not sure if resolution can cause problems to playback but do u think I should stick with the 1080 resolution?

A119...Do you think that 1/3 of my playback files are failing to playback on my pc is due to the 2560x1440? Not sure if resolution can cause problems to playback but do u think I should stick with the 1080 resolution?
I haven't been able to get any 1440p files to play on Dashcam Viewer. Not sure why some have had success with it and I can't. Registration Viewer works great though. GPS info won't work for A119 of though. When you view your files on the card (while plugged into computer), do they have a ! next to the file? Or is Dashcam Viewer telling you they are corrupt?

I haven't been able to get any 1440p files to play on Dashcam Viewer. Not sure why some have had success with it and I can't. Registration Viewer works great though. GPS info won't work for A119 of though. When you view your files on the card (while plugged into computer), do they have a ! next to the file? Or is Dashcam Viewer telling you they are corrupt?

Thanks for answering I put the card in the adapter and put it in my computer (no viewer) then just opened up to see all the lines of files. But 1/3 of the files do not want to open it pops up an error message
saying 1 This items file format may be unsupported 2 File extension may be incorrect. and 3 file may be corrupted.

was wondering if it was the 1440 resolution

was wondering if it was the 1440 resolution
So when your clicking on them, are they trying to open in the default player (like Windows Media Player?) or is your default player Dashcam Viewer? You've probably already been asked, but have you tried a different card in the A119? Might be the A119 does not like that card.

So when your clicking on them, are they trying to open in the default player (like Windows Media Player?) or is your default player Dashcam Viewer? You've probably already been asked, but have you tried a different card in the A119? Might be the A119 does not like that card.
when I click to open the file opens in "Movies & TV" as default and no didn't change card to another brand that's the next step. Its Transend 64GB 400. I still am going to experiment with the 7 resolutions so far the 1440 not good if that's the problem

Ok I'm back I changed the resolution from 2560x1440 30FPS to now be 1920x1080 30FPS and it worked perfect this time. set it 3 min files. Verified it on 40 files its ok now. So that's the problem its the 1440 resolution, it will be interesting to know if anyone else will have that problem, I thank you for taking the time to help me.

Last edited:
Ok I'm back I changed the resolution from 2560x1440 30FPS to now be 1920x1080 30FPS and it worked perfect this time. set it 3 min files. Verified it on 40 files its ok now. So that's the problem its the 1440 resolution, it will be interesting to know if anyone else will have that problem, I thank you for taking the time to help me.

try a different player maybe also, VLC or MPC-HC are generally good all rounders

I use VLC when viewing on my phone because nothing else will open it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Nvm bad pic quality

Havent posted here in a while. Recorded and posted some vids to youtube, didnt capture anything but just random drives

Well it was -11 this morning and i guess it was too cold for the cam. I thought it was on during my drive to work but it mustve been frozen in standby.

38a9fa529b8bf5ada5341bfb1b57bef9.jpg

Took that pic after I got in the garage at work. My commute is about a 15 minute or so drive.

I tapped the power button a few times but nothing happened. I unplugged it and the light slowly faded but the mic button then it up and it faded off. Plugged it back in and all the lights came on but nothing. Unplugged then plugged in again and everything kicked on with it recording.

Not suppose to warm up at all this week or next with a high of -1 over the course of the next 2 weeks. So i guess ill have to carry it in at night [emoji53] ... wont really matter i guess if its frosts or snows i wouldnt be able to see anything anyway huh.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

What power supply are you using? Some under powered ones can cause problems.

Does it behave the same way with no memory card inserted? Memory card is the weakest link.

If you have some rare fault I'll take care of you.

Back