nanoQ 0903

I strongly disagree! Even without the updated parts the camera worked flawless for me. It is shooting very good image quality in day and night like advertised.
For low light it has one of the best sensor/processor combinations, it has low motion blur, decent exposure, good colour and it's also been reliable. Plus it is a nice size and with the new mount is nicely made.

Yes, my GPS reliably doesn't work and the lens doesn't keep good focus, but the focus issues seem to have been fixed with newer hardware and I guess the GPS issue has too if it is working for some people and is further improved with the new housing. It will be a nice, small, supercapacitor dashcam when all the issues are sorted, not sure how long that will be but they are getting close.

Just because you obtain free parts to fix up a Beta version product doesn't make it good, just very promising. I understand that yours actually works as expected but from the other posts above, you appear to be lucky in that regard.
Customer service may well be excellent but the product should never have been shipped in the first place.
There's no chance that I'd buy an obviously troublesome product knowing it was likely to bite me. How stupid would that be?
When the product is sorted and becomes a stable trouble free solution plus benefits from manufacturer replies again, then I'll be buying a few until then there are enough headaches in life without buying into more.

Just because you obtain free parts to fix up a Beta version product doesn't make it good, just very promising. I understand that yours actually works as expected but from the other posts above, you appear to be lucky in that regard.
Customer service may well be excellent but the product should never have been shipped in the first place.
There's no chance that I'd buy an obviously troublesome product knowing it was likely to bite me. How stupid would that be?
When the product is sorted and becomes a stable trouble free solution plus benefits from manufacturer replies again, then I'll be buying a few until then there are enough headaches in life without buying into more.

While I understand your position keep in mind that no company is perfect. Even Apple or BMW has their problems and even recalls from time to time. It is just how they handle these cases if it is a save call to purchase their products. But sure, it is up to you if you want to buy or not. You won't have to defend your reasons for not buying the nanoQ against me.

While I understand your position keep in mind that no company is perfect. Even Apple or BMW has their problems and even recalls from time to time. It is just how they handle these cases if it is a save call to purchase their products. But sure, it is up to you if you want to buy or not. You won't have to defend your reasons for not buying the nanoQ against me.

service is everything, I've had every model of iPhone I've owned replaced at least once, one was replaced four times, I don't hate Apple though, the service was there, products were replaced with a minimum of fuss

I just received my 0903 with ver 1.7 firmware. I went to the NanoQ page and downloaded what appeared to be 1.6 when loaded. That didn't seem right so I searched and found 2.0 20m which also loaded fine. Is that the version I should be using at this time?

I just received my 0903 with ver 1.7 firmware. I went to the NanoQ page and downloaded what appeared to be 1.6 when loaded. That didn't seem right so I searched and found 2.0 20m which also loaded fine. Is that the version I should be using at this time?
Yes, that is the version I am running. Beware tough, the the wi-fi will not work in this firmware.

I beta test for Uniden (scanners), didn't know I was doing the same for this company :) TY

I am confused about using the parking mode. I have the hardwire kit and a fuse tap. From what I've read in this thread, should I supply power to the camera micro USB port continuously? Will that still enable the GPS module? Or does it matter which power port I use?

I am confused about using the parking mode. I have the hardwire kit and a fuse tap. From what I've read in this thread, should I supply power to the camera micro USB port continuously? Will that still enable the GPS module? Or does it matter which power port I use?
You have to plug it into the camera directly. Unfortunately, parking mode is not working for me. For starters, the setting doesn't stick in the menu...
Let me know if you make it work...

The Amazon dealer sent me what he said was the most recent firmware, turned out to be 1.4. Real nice. Just switched it back to 2.0 20mb. I will probably install it over the weekend and see what it does to my on-board GPS and Uniden BCD536HP scanner. Is there anyway I can tell if I got a shielded unit short of opening it?

The Amazon dealer sent me what he said was the most recent firmware, turned out to be 1.4. Real nice. Just switched it back to 2.0 20mb. I will probably install it over the weekend and see what it does to my on-board GPS and Uniden BCD536HP scanner. Is there anyway I can tell if I got a shielded unit short of opening it?
A small notch (dimple) where SD card goes in and of course a little less GPS interference.
Put your GPS next to it and you'll know :)

Thanks for the responses. I don't have a portable GPS other than my iPhone, so I'll have to see what, if anything, it does to the on-board GPS in the Acura RDX.

Has anyone heard from @Rayman.Chan lately? He asked me to send my address so that he could send the new housing and mount Which I did, but since then it has been dead silent, and nothing has arrived here. I have tried to send him a few messages, without any response so far...

I have not gotten any response the last 4 weeks. Does anyone have his email address?

I have not gotten any response the last 4 weeks. Does anyone have his email address?
I did receive updated housing (with EMI shielding) but the results are mixed at best. GPS still takes a while to lock, @Rayman.Chan mentioned PCB changes will be necessary to fully resolve this.
As for me, I am waiting for this to be released. The day I receive it, 0903 is going to garbage - where it belongs...

Looks interesting, but also a bit flashy. Why would I want RPM to be displayed on my videos? ;) Also the OBD2-plug is to no use for me since I have an electric car.

Looks interesting, but also a bit flashy. Why would I want RPM to be displayed on my videos? ;) Also the OBD2-plug is to no use for me since I have an electric car.
Flashy is OK if it is easily mounted and dismounted. Most dash cams can't take the direct sun for long anyway. From what I gather, the overlay data info is recorded separately - you don't have to include it in your video. Isn't OBD on all cars? I thought It was a requirement (maybe in US only?)

I see. OBD is obligatory, but just the plug. So Tesla just have the plug, but there is a separate diagnostic port that has the CAN-buses with data. I have that plug already ;) The format is proprietary, so it's no good for this type of application anyway.

As for me, I am waiting for this to be released. The day I receive it, 0903 is going to garbage - where it belongs...
sounds like more than a few people are waiting, they went 500k over their kickstarter goal, have had another 2.2m of outside investment capital raised and they're still a couple of months past their expected shipping date and in pre order mode

be nice to have that much cash available for development, they wanted 55k and are now funded close to 3m

Back