nanoQ 0903

When is the next batch schedule to ship? I would to purchase one, but want to make sure the new batch have all the kinks iron out. Is there a way to identify the latest batch by serial numbers?

thanks

Th nanoQ that I'd received didn't have serial #. I don't think these nano has traceability.

When is the next batch schedule to ship? I would to purchase one, but want to make sure the new batch have all the kinks iron out. Is there a way to identify the latest batch by serial numbers?

thanks
The most important change (PCB) will most likely be invisible - unless you take it apart.
It is in their best interest to sell whatever they made so far, I don't think they will advertise that there is a new version.

I'm looking to buy NanoQ. Below is the eBay link of the item. It's a US vendor. If there is an issue with the product, I can return it to CA. Should I get a 3 year warranty thru eBay SquareTrade? I'm afraid it will crap out after one year and I don't feel like tweaking NanoQ right out of the box. It should work right out of the box. thanks

https://www.ebay.com/itm/282003447292

I'm looking to buy NanoQ. Below is the eBay link of the item. It's a US vendor. If there is an issue with the product, I can return it to CA. Should I get a 3 year warranty thru eBay SquareTrade? I'm afraid it will crap out after one year and I don't feel like tweaking NanoQ right out of the box. It should work right out of the box. thanks

https://www.ebay.com/itm/282003447292
Pictured is an old design where parking guard and GPS does not work.

thanks. A new version came out? I thought it was the same design all along.
New version has updated housing with emi shielding, new mount and PCB changes.
Don't now when it will be officially released.

Maybe better to just hang off a little bit until the updated version gets out to the resellers, the improvements would justify the bit of extra waiting time

Maybe better to just hang off a little bit until the updated version gets out to the resellers, the improvements would justify the bit of extra waiting time
I've just received a new housing for the camera and another new housing for the mount, plus a new GoPro mount, plus a lens cap, plus a screen cap, plus some screws, plus a screen :)

Of course my biggest problems where it going out of focus in the heat and the clock not remembering the date resulting in the loop recording deleting the most recent file instead of the oldest, I guess those wont be fixed, but if the GPS is now working then the time problem will only exist until the GPS locks on. Now the biggest problem is assembling it all and soldering the tiny wires :D

The new parts look and feel good, we are getting there slowly, and I still like the design...

I've just received a new housing for the camera and another new housing for the mount, plus a new GoPro mount, plus a lens cap, plus a screen cap, plus some screws, plus a screen :)

Of course my biggest problems where it going out of focus in the heat and the clock not remembering the date resulting in the loop recording deleting the most recent file instead of the oldest, I guess those wont be fixed, but if the GPS is now working then the time problem will only exist until the GPS locks on. Now the biggest problem is assembling it all and soldering the tiny wires :D

The new parts look and feel good, we are getting there slowly, and I still like the design...
Not sure about the GPS working yet. After I assembled it last night, it was working perfectly. This morning, on my way to work (about 15 minutes drive) no lock at all...
@Rayman.Chan mentioned PCB changes were necessary to really fix this.

Not sure about the GPS working yet. After I assembled it last night, it was working perfectly. This morning, on my way to work (about 15 minutes drive) no lock at all...
Where do you have the power plugged in? Maybe GPS works better if powering the camera instead of the base? Or the other way around?

Where do you have the power plugged in? Maybe GPS works better if powering the camera instead of the base? Or the other way around?
Tried both. Since I would like to use the parking guard, I have it plugged into the camera. My current setup:
New housing and mount

I can't say that mine is any better. After an hour sitting in the garden it managed to lock on, had a good signal for a while, and then claimed to run around the garden at 10mph. When I picked it up and actually moved it around the garden it lost it's gps signal.

It now has the clock set 8 hours fast and I can't work out how to set the correct time zone, well I can set the time zone but I can't save it.

The mount does seem a lot more solid now so my vibration problem is probably gone, plus I could plug the parking guard in if I had one.

I can't say that mine is any better. After an hour sitting in the garden it managed to lock on, had a good signal for a while, and then claimed to run around the garden at 10mph. When I picked it up and actually moved it around the garden it lost it's gps signal.

It now has the clock set 8 hours fast and I can't work out how to set the correct time zone, well I can set the time zone but I can't save it.

The mount does seem a lot more solid now so my vibration problem is probably gone, plus I could plug the parking guard in if I had one.

@Nigel does your mount actually lock into the camera base? By lock I mean the little tab on the mount goes into the hole on camera base.
I had to enlarge the opening a little to make it "click in."

I agree, it feels more solid and I also like the small indent for the SD card - easier to put in and eject.

Removal of the camera from the mount is still "fiddly" though. It's a pity, since with coming hot summer days the camera could be mounted and dismounted several times in a day. I wonder if MEG did any kind of testing on this...

@Nigel does your mount actually lock into the camera base? By lock I mean the little tab on the mount goes into the hole on camera base.
I had to enlarge the opening a little to make it "click in."

I agree, it feels more solid and I also like the small indent for the SD card - easier to put in and eject.

Removal of the camera from the mount is still "fiddly" though. It's a pity, since with coming hot summer days the camera could be mounted and dismounted several times in a day. I wonder if MEG did any kind of testing on this...
Yes, it appears to lock in correctly, I have to press the springy latch to release it. I had to add some oil to make it possible to slide in and out as it is a bit tight, slides nicely now, but I think it is not designed to be removed regularly, especially if you are using parking guard. I would much rather have zero wobble and a difficult to remove camera than an easy to remove camera with wobble. But maybe I live somewhere cooler than you.

The card slot also clicks to release at a sensible place now instead of having to insert your finger nail into the slot and then having the card fly out when your finger nail slips off the end of the card!

Any idea on how to set the timezone?

Yes, it appears to lock in correctly, I have to press the springy latch to release it. I had to add some oil to make it possible to slide in and out as it is a bit tight, slides nicely now, but I think it is not designed to be removed regularly, especially if you are using parking guard. I would much rather have zero wobble and a difficult to remove camera than an easy to remove camera with wobble. But maybe I live somewhere cooler than you.

The card slot also clicks to release at a sensible place now instead of having to insert your finger nail into the slot and then having the card fly out when your finger nail slips off the end of the card!

Any idea on how to set the timezone?

My timezone is normally EST (UTC -5) right now EDT (UTC -4) and to set it in nanoQ it took some trial and error. Set your time, make sure you have GPS lock and keep changing the timezone in settings until the time is correct. In my case I had to set mine to -2 o_O

I received the updated housing and gps mount as well. Applied some electrical tape on the conductors and soldered the gps cable back onto its PCB.

The gps mount mechanism is definitely an big improvement. It now clicks in solid.

The housing with its conductive painting looks ok and fitted without issues.

Unfortunatley I have to wait for the hardwire kit to be delivered before I can test the cam again. I will update this thread when done!

beginning to sound like this think is just a junk chinese toy

I strongly disagree! Even without the updated parts the camera worked flawless for me. It is shooting very good image quality in day and night like advertised.

However I opted for the new parts just to see for myself how they improved the camera without having to buy a new one. I think sending out those updated parts without asking questions and for free is an outstanding customer service. So before you judge this camera (or the manufacturer for that matter) please buy and test one for yourself.

Back