- Jan 9, 2021
- Reaction score
- Los Angeles
- United States
Spent the entire day installing this camera with a hardwire kit (w/ the low voltage protector), still can't seem to get the camera to behave while car is on/running, and while car is off/parked.
- Vehicle is a 2010 Infiniti EX35
- Did extensive research on the cabin fuse box, identified each fuse slot's power source (Battery v.s. ACC v.s. ON v.s. START) thru the vehicles service/repair manual, and used voltmeter to identify line/load side of the fuse slot
- Have the correct insertion of the car fuse, and the hardwire kit fuse, inserted into the fuse tap, and fuse tap inserted correctly into the car fuse slot
- Turn car on, camera start recording
- Turn car off, camera stops recording, goes into "motion detection mode" and starts recording for short durations only when FOV detects motion (or triggered by other sensors)
- Clarification needed #1: what is the difference between "Parking Motion Detection" and just "Motion Detection"? Especially when owner's manual specifically says "• Do not turn on ‘Motion Detection’ unless your vehicle is parked. If ‘Motion Detection’ is enabled while driving, the camera may not record continuously."
- Desired outcome: Turn car on, camera starts recording (REC button is a constant red)
- Undesired outcome: Turn car off, camera does NOT stop recording (REC button is still a constant red). Sit in car that's off for 5+ mins and camera continues to record
- Clarification needed #2: Is the only way to stop recording (with power source = Battery) by manually pressing the REC button every time I park a car?
- Clarification needed #3: Regardless of how the camera stops recording, the entire time the car is off & idle (say 12 hours overnight), asking if the REC button should be flashing red the entire time (display shuts off after a minute or so).