New DVR207 from eBay seller estore009? 1440x1080?

I recive my Wifes camera today.
I have not tried it yet.
But how can i see if its actualy a DVR207 camera?
I bought it från Estore009.

Fraden said:
I recive my Wifes camera today.
I have not tried it yet.
But how can i see if its actualy a DVR207 camera?
I bought it från Estore009.

estore009 seems to be reputable, so if you ordered a DVR207, that is what you should receive.

The cover slip for the box should have a little white sticker on it with "A1116 (then some Chinese letters) 207 (and some more Chinese letters)".

Even opening the camera's case won't show what model it is, as there seems to be conflicting definitive information on which Zoran processor each model uses. The line between the DVR207 and the DVR027 is so blurred it's not funny. Either way they are both acceptable cameras at this budget price point, although the firmware in the DVR207 is newer and as such is of unknown stability.

Hope this helps.

Cheers :) Mario

Cover slip? What is this?

I don't have a sticker on my box.

Edit:
I checked ebay-page, and i got the 207.
Version and menu was the same as the Ebay page.

Thanks! :mrgreen:

Fraden said:

Could you please provide a link to the ebay listing that you used to purchase the camera?

The packaging I received with my camera consisted of a full color printed outer cover slip and a plain white internal box with a magnetic lid.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 135
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 135
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 135
My box look exactly like yours.
But i dont have the yellow dot sticker or the White sticker.

EBay listing is the one in the first post in this thread.

If you look at the photos on estore009's listing, you can clearly see the processor model and number, which equates directly to DashCamMan's chart as a 12P.

Coach 12P (part # ZR364242BCCG) - mid level

Looks like the battery mainly serves to "finish up" your recording when you stop and turn the car off. Runs the camera 10-20 minutes depending on settings a bit, so not really useful for a "crash cam", but is handy for just quick filming of a nice short road trip.

shafferb0b1 said:
If you look at the photos on estore009's listing, you can clearly see the processor model and number, which equates directly to DashCamMan's chart as a 12P.

Coach 12P (part # ZR364242BCCG) - mid level

If you are referring to this listing http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/130857296313 ... 539wt_1397 then I think you will find that the processor in that picture is actually a ZR364249BCCG which is "Coach 12MDV (part# ZR364249BGCG) - entry level"

It appears that estore009 changed the pictures at some point as well as the description which now states that "They use the same Zoran Program and there are 2 pieces of processor ."

Last edited by a moderator:
shafferb0b1 said:
Looks like the battery mainly serves to "finish up" your recording when you stop and turn the car off. Runs the camera 10-20 minutes depending on settings a bit, so not really useful for a "crash cam", but is handy for just quick filming of a nice short road trip.

20 minutes of battery would be plenty, more than enough for what is needed for shutdown purposes etc, none of these are meant to be battery powered, some don't even have batteries and instead use a large capacitor to complete the file write on power off

shafferb0b1 said:

I managed to source a replacement higher capacity battery off eBay here http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/180948804595 ... 494wt_1163 .

It's a 2500mAh High Capacity BL-4C Battery, which when compared to the original 850mAh battery should provide nearly an hour of run time.

I haven't received mine yet but it should arrive in the next few days.

mariomart said:
shafferb0b1 said:

I managed to source a replacement higher capacity battery off eBay here http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/180948804595 ... 494wt_1163 .

It's a 2500mAh High Capacity BL-4C Battery, which when compared to the original 850mAh battery should provide nearly an hour of run time.

I haven't received mine yet but it should arrive in the next few days.

you might be ok with that, you could find that it doesn't supply enough power to charge correctly, depends how the charging circuit is designed, please post back with how you go though as others might be interested to upgrade the battery if it works ok

Yup Mariomart, I cut and pasted the wrong one, but it's still a 12MDV which seems to be what all the glamour is about. Still 720P native, not much doubt about that. Looks like plenty for what I'm trying to do anyway. For better stuff I'll just use my GoPro or my Tachyon XD/HD.

Great Mariomart, let us know how it goes. Any of the batteries for these phones should work just fine:

Compatible mobile phones:
Nokia 1661
Nokia 1662
Nokia 2220 slide
Nokia 2650
Nokia 2652
Nokia 2690
Nokia 3500 classic
Nokia 5100
Nokia 6100
Nokia 6101
Nokia 6103
Nokia 6125
Nokia 6131
Nokia 6136
Nokia 6170
Nokia 6260
Nokia 6300
Nokia 6300i
Nokia 6301
Nokia 7200
Nokia 7270
Nokia C2-05
Nokia X2-00

Great stuff Ramshackle, here are a few suggestions to your "problems"

Drop by the local TV station and get them to lend you one of their Norelco Plumicon PC-90 studio cameras, with tri-mode image stabilizers and Dalco's long range infrared kit. It's a big sucker so you'll need to remove the passenger seat (at least). Put a nice little Honda10KW gas generator in the trunk (cut exhaut outlets through one side of the car, and intake holes through the other side of the car for the generator)to provide power for the camera and MC-Studios Class "C" Hi-DEF recorder you'll need for the images. Be sure to drill a hole from the trunk into the cars fuel tank to make fueling easy. Media is pretty cheap for that quad-head recorder though, carts for 10 minutes are only around $600 U.S. , you can bigger ones if you get tired of leaning back and changing digital carts. There still may be a gap between recordings though, controlled by your ability to take the exhausted cart out and slam a new one in. Of course the camera is just a bit over $22000, but they'll do you a deal (because your are after all "you") and probably sell you the whole lot for around 40K U.S. If you get a TimeCore digital timeframe analyzer, it shoud be able to show to, the frame, how many frames were skipped whilst you were changing carts.

Might still have a bit of interference with the FM though, physically if not electronically.

Orrr, you could just enjoy your $70 purchase and augment it /fix it as you can. Sort of like everyone else here is doing when needed.

shafferb0b1 said:
Orrr, you could just enjoy your $70 purchase and augment it /fix it as you can. Sort of like everyone else here is doing when needed.

or put a reasonable expectation on the results, I can't build my camera for what these sell for, it takes the same amount of staff to build a cheap one as it does a better one, cost savings come from lower cost components

Unboxed mine.

My box does not have the white sticker either, nor the colored dot.

I switched it on for a while, then tried to switch it off. Does not switch off. Had to remove battery to turn it off.

Inserted 32Gb SD card.

Now it switches off. :roll:

Obviously, not having a card inserted makes its logic go haywire.

Glad to see estore009 update the info on the site for the processor. Seems like the DVR 027 and the DVR 207 are using the same Coach 12MDV (part# ZR364249BGCG) processor. I will need to update the main DVR-027 page to reflect this info.

Ramshackle said:
Inserted 32Gb SD card.

Now it switches off. :roll:

Obviously, not having a card inserted makes its logic go haywire.

When i bought mine it said Welcome and started just fine when i turned it on. But it went black when i inserted card. Had to format sd card on my computer and then reinsert it. Then i formatted it once more in camera just to be sure :)

mariomart said:
Fraden said:

In Chinese, that says:

A1116
New design new menu
207 series car video recorder

Except they used the wrong 'menu'. They used menu in the context of the book that tells you what a restaurant serves. :lol:

Back