New DVR207 from eBay seller estore009? 1440x1080?

Is the "Gaps between video clips" issue mentioned here now fixed for this model?

EDIT:And is there any demo video available of this new model?

Olli said:
Is the "Gaps between video clips" issue mentioned here now fixed for this model?

EDIT:And is there any demo video available of this new model?

VERY good question. I emailed the seller about that, and they replied right away saying that issue has been fixed with the new model. We'll see if it's true or not once we all get our shipments :)

I got the same reply :D I consider buying this one... but would like to see demo video first!

As of Sat. evening, Feb 23, 118 have been sold, 114 watchers on that particular eBay seller's item. Also, no feedback yet for this cam, so it seems no one has received it yet. I'm down at the port watching for a heavily laden two masted Chinese junk to discharge it's Chinese goods (hopefully not junk).

Yes, it seems to be selling well!

I'm one of the watchers.
Was trying to decide whether to buy a DVR027 or a more expensive unit.
This has just added to my procrastination.

Ramshackle said:
Just bought one now.

I have also order one today (for about 5min ago).
I live in Sweden.

Hello! New to the forums, and yes, I too have bought one of these, just this morning. Who's going to be first to post some video of this little unit, I wonder.

I ordered one yesterday. Will the thread title soon be changed to include the dvr-207?

Hi ecnar,

The thread title is correct at DVR207. Perhaps you meant the sub-forum name...I just updated that to include the DVR-207.

Anxiously waiting a review for this new updated product.

I'm only assuming that it will be better than it's previous versions. I'm back and forth whether or not it's worth investing for something that's more expensive like a blackvue but this will be my first dash cam and I think this model will be fine for now.

Does this one have two modes:
1)Start recording when power comes from the adapter (car is powered on), stop recording when no power coming from the adapter (car is powered off)
2)Motion detection, start recording when detected motion, stop recording when no motion detected
And you can choose betweenthem?

Based on the advice on this board, I bought a two pack of the new DVR-207 dash cameras from ESTORE009 on Ebay. I plan to run front and rear cameras based on the data from Dash Cam Forum that dual lens cameras just don't function well and the fact that I nearly got rear ended by a clown in a pick up last week who was texting and he drove onto the shoulder of the road and actually passed me, just missing me. The two pack of cameras from ESTORE009 was $135.99 and came with FedEx freight included and a promise of 3-5 day delivery. I also spent $20.99 on the Square Deal 3 year warranty - saw a lot of 5 star reviews on Square Deal warranties and for $20.99 I thought it was worth a shot. I'll report back when the units show up and I get them operational. This is my first experience with dash cameras and I appreciate the folks who provided the data on this forum that assisted me in my choice and vendor.

Hi Olli,

This camera will start recording when car is turned on and will stop when the car is turned off. Not sure how the motion detection works on this camera.

According to the blurb on estore009 there is no motion detection.

(149 sold, 144 watchers- Feb 25 11pm)

Not in the blurb, maybe, but if you scroll down to the photos you will see "the improved, original" menus on the screen. It may not have it, but there is a selection for it on the menu, so I assume that it does. The "improved" version now sports an icon of a simplified humanoid blob rushing to the left. Even illiterates can now enjoy a dash cam!

Hmm, has anyone else noticed that, in the photos on the eBay listing, the apartment balconies and windows are all barred and caged, even on the 6th floor and higher? Are they to keep people in or out? My guess is that those buildings are where the workers live and assemble our dash cams. The gulag system is what keeps those prices so low!

Noticed that Shenzhen CG Electronics Co., Ltd. has updated its listing of DVR027. It now reads
100% Original DVR027 Upgrade Version H.264 1440x1080P

Their listing says that 1440x1080 15FPS is through interpolation

Since this can uses the coach 12m, it's max resolution is 720p. 1080p is most likely interpolated.

Back