New DVR207 from eBay seller estore009? 1440x1080?

"Seller told me not to post the video, so I'm sorry,i cannot post it.."

Your Chinese masters have you well trained. You'd make a good party member, Comrade.

I've seen lots of these "demo" videos and usually they are made with studio grade cams, rarely are they from the one that's being flogged.

Go ahead and don't be afraid to post it. Hopefully you live in a country that still has some freedoms.

Today's drive with the DVR207 set at 720 with 5 minute segments produces gaps between segments of more than 20 seconds.
There were gaps of 2-6 seconds when the resolution was set to 720 with 2 minute segments.
In 1080 res the gaps were about 2 seconds. I see absolutely no difference between 720 and 1080.

Is the gap caused by the video being written to the SD card and the 5 minute segment takes longer? I have a Class 10 16 GB card in the cam. Did the mfr fix the problem? Not in the one I got.

I have done some more testing today. The video is acceptable. Not excellent, not bad, just acceptable. One thing I have noticed is that the video is "jumpy". It is quite noticeable. It is not a smooth video. I have noticed it in several settings. Don't know if it can be fixed, but it is troubling. By they way, I am using a Sandisk 32GB Class 10 card.

Iamdrumming,

My SD card is a Class 10 16GB Wintec, but my video is not jumpy at all in any settings. I'd love to see a sample of this jumpiness. Also, do you have gaps? I just did a few re-checks recording a clock (online stopwatch.com) and got 2 second gaps with both 2 and 5 minute segments. I'm going to try different SD cards.

iamdrumming said:
I have done some more testing today. The video is acceptable. Not excellent, not bad, just acceptable. One thing I have noticed is that the video is "jumpy". It is quite noticeable. It is not a smooth video. I have noticed it in several settings. Don't know if it can be fixed, but it is troubling. By they way, I am using a Sandisk 32GB Class 10 card.

I have just ordered one of these DVR207's.

Quite often the "jumpy" video issue is down to the PC and not the DVR. Have you tried using a HDMI cable to directly connect the DVR to a TV/Monitor and viewing it that way? A lot of people have found that this is the best way due to their PC's having issues with reading the data off the SD card fast enough for playback.

Please try this and let us know the result.

If you use the DVR's own screen to playback the video does it appear "jumpy"?

Can't wait to receive mine :)

Cheers :) Mario

mariomart said:
I have just ordered one of these DVR207's.

Quite often the "jumpy" video issue is down to the PC and not the DVR. Have you tried using a HDMI cable to directly connect the DVR to a TV/Monitor and viewing it that way? A lot of people have found that this is the best way due to their PC's having issues with reading the data off the SD card fast enough for playback.

Please try this and let us know the result.

If you use the DVR's own screen to playback the video does it appear "jumpy"?

Can't wait to receive mine :)

Cheers :) Mario

this is a common complaint if trying to view using the cam as a card reader, copying the files to the PC first rules this out though if this is the culprit

some software does better at playback than others also, Media Player Classic as included in the K-Lite Codec pack works well

if it still does it plugged into the TV as suggested then the files themselves may well be the problem

No I don't have any gaps. I'm not sure who mentioned it, but if there was, it's very quick. More like just a blip. The jumpiness I'm talking about is when I'm driving down a street and can notice the houses are "jumpy" as I drive by. There isn't a smoothness in the video. I might have to play around with the frames per second setting to see if that changes anything. I will upload a video tomorrow of the "jumpiness" Time for bed now :)

iamdrumming said:
No I don't have any gaps. I'm not sure who mentioned it, but if there was, it's very quick. More like just a blip. The jumpiness I'm talking about is when I'm driving down a street and can notice the houses are "jumpy" as I drive by. There isn't a smoothness in the video. I might have to play around with the frames per second setting to see if that changes anything. I will upload a video tomorrow of the "jumpiness" Time for bed now :)

maybe a sample video would make it easier to know what your experiencing, could be frame rate related, could be a mounting issue etc, trying different resolution settings might help also

Did I just fix my "gap" problem? I changed the motion detection to "off" and a 6 minute test at 720 res. and 2 min segments showed zero gap in the digital clock recording.
I think that I now realize how the camera may work. With motion detection "on", the cam has to go through the detection of motion sequence at the start of every interval (2,5, or 10 minutes) before actually starting recording, and this is what creates the missing few seconds.
Since this is my 1st dash cam, is it common knowledge on this forum that motion detection will do this?

RSole said:
Did I just fix my "gap" problem? I changed the motion detection to "off" and a 6 minute test at 720 res. and 2 min segments showed zero gap in the digital clock recording.
I think that I now realize how the camera may work. With motion detection "on", the cam has to go through the detection of motion sequence at the start of every interval (2,5, or 10 minutes) before actually starting recording, and this is what creates the missing few seconds.
Since this is my 1st dash cam, is it common knowledge on this forum that motion detection will do this?

on some cams the motion detect function does impact the recycle setting so there may be something in that, also the motion detect function really is only used for parking mode and the camera needs to be permanently powered and any auto off setting needs to be disabled for it to work as intended

Good find. Could be something fixable in future firmware.

Hi RSole,

That is the first time I have heard the motion detection causing gaps in files. Great find though since if there are no gaps with the motion detection setting off, this is one definite improvement over the DVR-027.

Another dash cam test drive this morning. I joined the 2 minute segments with VirtualDub and took note of the time showing on the last frame of each clip. Upon viewing the joined video (8 minutes became a 50GB file!) there was absolutely no frame dropped. Smooth as silk, no jumping, just one continuous video. Yay!

The setup was: 720 res, 30 FPS and 2 min. increments, motion detection: "off"

So, with Motion Det. enabled, there is a pause/gap at the start of each 2 min as the firmware checks for motion.
The DVR027 could have had this software fault fixed if the hardware and firmware would have allowed it.

jokiin said:
iamdrumming said:

maybe a sample video would make it easier to know what your experiencing, could be frame rate related, could be a mounting issue etc, trying different resolution settings might help also

Maybe it is a player issue that others have mentioned. It seems ok when viewing on the dash cam's monitor. I find the video too grainy though, but for the price, it's a good first dash cam for me.

Today, I received my DVR-027. I would like to buy a second dashcam. Shall I go for another DVR-027 or for the new DVR-207? Which one has better picture during darkness?

I think all dash cams struggle with darkness although some are better than others. If I were you, I would go for the newer DVR-207. I have it, and it's a good cam for the money.

People ,please upload more demo videos to youtube, currently there is only very few amount of them.

I own 2 DVR027 and like them alot
good Quality I use one for my work truck and one in my personnel truck

Im looking to buy 2 more but now see the DVR207 is out

can someone make or is there a video comparison of the two models ?

the video I seen so far of the DVR207 didn't look that great but it may have just been from the snow in the video

I was looking into the 2 pack at $135 plus free 4-5 day FEDeX shipping
(my last order to NJ took about 3 weeks) so I like the Fedex option they offer

and I been using Squartrade for years now but Never had to use them yet , also many 30-40% off coupons for Squartrade

Thanks

Back