New Lukas Qvia AR790 2CH?

Jatama

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Hi!

Just noticed that there will be 2CH version of Qvia T790? Does anyone have any info about this? When it will be realesed and so on? I would really like to get that one since its pretty small size compared to other 2CH cams with displays.

try the lukashd.co.uk site online shop retails at 329.99 GBP and gives detail of camera hope this helps........Ipol

No firm hardware details yet.
The latest ETA I have is for a late September launch.
lukashd.co.uk told me on email that they should have product at the end of aug. Do you think this is possible? Im not very confident about what lukashd.co.uk says since their customer service is kinda stiff.

Does anyone know if this camera will be available in the U.S.? Also, wanted to know the following:

1 - Does it use supercaps?
2 - Can GPS be disabled or your speed suppressed from displaying in the video?
3 - Does it have a higher bitrate than the Thinkware F770

I was going to order the F770 but this unit looks smaller and possibly better. I may give it a shot depending on the answers to these questions.

Thanks for your help.

I do not have a firm date just yet.
The first batch is just finishing up being produced.
We should have in stock in 2-4 weeks.

Yes it uses super capacitors. None of the current Lukas/QVIA products use a battery.
Yes the GPS can be disabled from writing your speed to the video.
Sorry, I do not have the bit rates yet.

-Robert.

I do not have a firm date just yet.
The first batch is just finishing up being produced.
We should have in stock in 2-4 weeks.

Yes it uses super capacitors. None of the current Lukas/QVIA products use a battery.
Yes the GPS can be disabled from writing your speed to the video.
Sorry, I do not have the bit rates yet.

-Robert.

Thanks Robert! I'll wait for your product to launch before buying the F770 then if it's that close to hitting the market. While there be a pre-order special for early adopters?

We finally have a more firm ETA.
We should be receiving our first AR790 shipment mid-October, and expect to ship late October.
Our pre-order special is up. We are offering the two channel version QVIA AR790 WD with a free upgrade to a 64GB memory card from the stock 16GB version.
http://shop.lukasdirect.com/lukas-store/dash-cams/2-channel/ar790wd
AR790-Banner_1.jpg

Hi, new member (long time lurker). I've been waiting for this dashcam to come out for several months.
My girlfriend has the Blackvue DR650GW-2CH and power magic setup but this one has caught my eye.

Robert, Is it correct that this one doesn't require a power magic or similar?

Also, is it possible to get this deal posted to the UK from your store? I saw on the map your store has a UK bit "coming soon"?
I've seen it on another site in GBP but it's like double the price for us lot and without the memory card upgrade...

Thanks.

Hi, new member (long time lurker). I've been waiting for this dashcam to come out for several months.
My girlfriend has the Blackvue DR650GW-2CH and power magic setup but this one has caught my eye.

Robert, Is it correct that this one doesn't require a power magic or similar?

Also, is it possible to get this deal posted to the UK from your store? I saw on the map your store has a UK bit "coming soon"?
I've seen it on another site in GBP but it's like double the price for us lot and without the memory card upgrade...

Thanks.
Hey Tim,

You are correct. The AR790 WD does not require a power magic pro. The camera comes stock comes with the needed wires for a hardwire install.

Unfortutnley we are not associated with the UK Lukas Store store.
We do however ship to the UK.

Hi Robert,

I am looking around for some days for my first dashcam, and seems there it is! I have emailed your shop as I'm in Europe.

Question though: I will definitely hardwire it but was thinking to use an extra dedicated batterie for the parking mode (I have seen the celli k battery B and even plus its extension), would such a system usable here (and do you also sell it)?

Great thanks!

Has anyone bought one of these sets yet and reviewed it?
I've had a browse but not found any real-world info about it.

In the mean time I have purchased a 2nd hand Blackvue DR650GW-2CH and a Vivo Plus and have a Sandisk Endurance 64Gb on order.
It's not yet installed as I'm waiting for the camera to come back from having the cloud upgrade (I don't want the cloud support but I wanted it to run at the higher bit-rate).
I'd be very keen to see any comparisons between the two solutions though.

Thanks

Also looking for any test results and footage from the AR-790. It looks like quite the product and I think I want it.

Has anyone got any raw footage of this, bit rates and thoughts/reviews?
Lurking for a few days and it's either this of the F770.

Hello. OK thanks. Maybe one to cross off the list then or wait for some reviews.

Qvia AR790
Hi, what is the use of T/S cable?
Do I need to connect the T/S cable?

Qvia AR790
Hi, what is the use of T/S cable?
Do I need to connect the T/S cable?
The T/S cable is the turn signal cable. You would wire this (I guess as I don't have one yet) to the left and right indicator feed so the lane departure system knows it is an intended lane change so don't chime.
Quite handy if suppose for the annoyance factor but a little chime won't wake me up if I'm asleep :( there needs to be another cable output wired to a klaxon to make it effective :)

You don't need to connect it it is an option.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back