New Mount Option For A119S

Just purchased the viofo suction mount. [ https://www.amazon.com/gp/B071W6F1RQ ] Mainly for the purpose of using the A119s in my wife's car for trips or a rental car, etc. I have the GPS mount for my primary car.
Just purchased camera and received it, so not even installed yet lol!

OK, I finally got around to setting this up with my second A119s. So far my impressions of this suction mount are not good. The construction is pretty cheap, particularly the connection between the camera mount and the suction portion (you'll see what I mean in the pictures - fitment/alignment isn't even close). None of the adjustments get tight enough to prevent the camera from being moved. If I could recommend this for anything, it would only be for a short term, temporary placement. If you can, I highly recommend using the adhesive mounts/GPS mount.

Attachments

• cam1.jpg
    cam1.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 68
  • cam2.jpg
    cam2.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 63
  • cam3.jpg
    cam3.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 62
Looking at the pictures I think I see your problem. The locking ring at the ball is cross threaded. As is you cannot tighten it up enough to get it as tight as needed. I had the same problem with mine when I first got it.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Looking at the pictures I think I see your problem. The locking ring at the ball is cross threaded. As is you cannot tighten it up enough to get it as tight as needed. I had the same problem with mine when I first got it.

That's how mine was received new as well, but it doesn't tighten any other way.

It will. It takes a bit to get it right but once you do, it makes a world of difference. I could get mine nice and tight with no flop or movement of the cam whereas before it would wiggle around and move with bumps, potholes and such. I think the design is a bit off with it all being far too easy to cross thread that ring.

This suction mount does interest me a bit. A couple of weeks ago I returned my v1 for a v2 (had the intermittent connectivity). When I was trying to remove the v1 GPS mount to return it, I had to use more strength than Superman himself could muster in order to remove the GPS mount from the windshield from the black 3M adhesive pad it came with. I know the unit comes with a string to remove it, but that didn't work AT ALL. I had to use a paint spackle spreader to pry the GPS mount off the windshield it was stuck down so hard! In the process, I actually broke the v1 GPS mount in half trying to get it unstuck from the windshield. Once those 3M adhesive pads heat up from the sun a few times and cool back down, they're stronger than super glue! The suction mount would make the whole thing easier to move around and take down if needed.

Back