Nextbase Support

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase
Since your feedback has already changed so many things for all users:

High and Low resolution option to remove from addition to 412GW and 512GW.
No logo firmware for every model.
Editing on the App.
And lots more :)

Looking at a completely new range for the coming year, is there anything hardware/software that is missing for you? Is there any feature that would infinitely improve its usability? What do you really dislike about the current set up?
Thinking about menu systems that mirror apps on phones and so on, touch screen for ease of use.

Voice Commands..
Improved night sensor - IMX291 or similar?
Capacitor powered.
Bluetooth RO control.

Fantastic - thanks Paul.

Voice commands for? Say protecting a file? Changing menu options?

VC for that would be a good example.

"Nextbase - save file" (protects current recording).

"Nextbase - Format Card" (Well, format card).

"Nextbase - raise exposure"

"Nextbase - lower exposure"

"Nextabase - resolution high" (increase form 1080 to 2k, 2k to 4k)

"Nextbase - resolution lower" (decrease similarly).

"Nextbase - power off" (sometimes with ignition on, you might not want to record.

"Nextbase - trial with Paul" (Hahahahah!!!)

Paul.

Better night time footage would always be a bonus and higher frame rate of 60fps. Anything that can reduce motion blur and or headlights glare.

Obviously the holy grail would be automatic exposure on the cameras to adjust for sunny days or dark nights.

Optical or electronic image stabilisation for those with cars that are a bit bumpy for example sporty suspension.

Better touchscreen buttons or back to physical buttons as touch buttons are very hit and miss.

4 camera set up with small unobtrusive cameras recording to a small display/camera controller. One front one rear and two side cameras that could be mounted on wing mirrors for example.

If developing a front and rear camera set up ala 512gw then having both cans that record in 1440p rather than loosing quality on the front camera with the addition of the rear camera.

Last edited:
How about improving the brightness of the recording/charging led (not to some users taste I know) but the 402g and the 412gw isn’t very bright at all

@Paul Iddon Voice commands. Yes - we're on it :)

Improved Night Sensor. Yes definitely we agree, we will introduce the IMX307 for this.

Capacitor powered. Not what the market is asking for in terms of Parking mode. Requires a Hardwire kit otherwise?

Bluetooth Remote Control, interesting. Something different to the things you can do via Wi-Fi?

@Simcor thank you, the 4 cam set up would cover blind spots too.

@Tony lovelock I think the brightness has been discussed by me and Paul above before. This is good, more feedback the better :)

As a another thought I would actually like a camera set up of 4 cameras that could connect to a tablet running android that could be used as the screen to view and use as a display as nearly everyone has tablets these days and even a cheap one can be bought purely for use and be installed in the car that would work quite well as a reverse camera view albeit without the lines but if you have reverse sensors would be advantageous.

More:

Videyo Exposure settings in 1/2 stop or 1/3 stop increments.

Viewscreen levels adjustable in 3 additional stages: 25%, 50%, 75% and 100% brightness as well as off, for when the Speedo on the GPS is set to show. Would be better when not as bright for night time cos big yellow numbers are clearly noticeable outside the car. Also an option to have more colours (red, green, blue, as well as yellow).

Better firmness on the click and go mount. There are instances of obvious vibrations on the current mount. Foam inlays as well? I could send an idea for the shape in a sketch?

That's it for now.

Paul.

@Simcor would work for some who had the larger displays that would take some form of hdmi/AV input, thanks.

@Paul Iddon yes exposure and brightness given above (y)thank you, if you have the sketch that would be amazing. Are you able to private message me it or email me it?

I also support the idea for Voice Commands and a remote for Protecting File(s) that can be stuck on the dashboard so the driver or passenger can push it when required (must be wireless).

I was going to make a new thread asking for this but since your asking for idea’s - here goes.....

I’m a driving instructor and use a Heman speedometer which gives a nice heads up display on my window screen as sometimes a pupil’s hands block the cars own speedo - that’s not what I’m asking for but with the Heman you have the ability to tweak the speed is displays to match your cars speed as we all know the GPS speed from both the dash cams and the heman is about 2-3 MPH slower than your cars speedo.

Here’s my idea/request
Can you edit the software so we have the ability in the menu to change the speed up or down by 1-3 MPH (in .25 or .5 increments) so it shows after the screen timeouts just to show speed on the dash cam - let me stress I do not want the ability to change the speed that it shows in the camera recordings but just the on screen show display.
I know with the advent of using a sat-Nov on the driving test it will help the aggravation from the Examiners when they want the dashboard clearing so they can put their own sat-nav up if you can make this happen I would know lots of ADI’s would jump at buying a nextbase as it would save them £90+dash cam instead of getting the Heman too.

that’s not what I’m asking for but with the Heman you have the ability to tweak the speed is displays to match your cars speed as we all know the GPS speed from both the dash cams and the heman is about 2-3 MPH slower than your cars speedo.
that's only because the vehicle speedo always reads faster than actual

My Speedo says 33 for GPS 30

Seem to get worse as you go up in speed, at 80 km/h GPS speed my car speedo read 89 / 90

I go past police speed traps and even 82 GPS speed dont trigger a flash,,,,, though i will not try that again, but that one time when i was sleep driving my speed slipped and i dident pay attention to my speed as it was a little downhill.

Seem to get worse as you go up in speed, at 80 km/h GPS speed my car speedo read 89 / 90

I go past police speed traps and even 82 GPS speed dont trigger a flash,,,,, though i will not try that again, but that one time when i was sleep driving my speed slipped and i dident pay attention to my speed as it was a little downhill.

reading 10% faster than actual is fairly typical for most vehicles

I think you misunderstand the reasoning behind the request - with the dash cam showing a slower speed to what the digital read out on the cars speedo is does look like the car is moving at a slower speed.
At the end of a driving test recently the examiner actually commented that even though he was going to pass my pupil he said that she needed try to be closer to the speed limit when the roads allow it - thankfully I was in the back of the car and noticed she was indeed doing 24 on the dash cam but I know the speedo in the car was at 27 - I mentioned this to him and thankfully after showing a little video I made show the digital display of the car, the Heman (which matches my car) and the 512’s readout he said he didn’t know that and would be aware of it in the future - at this point I did cheekily mention it’s the same for the speed display on some satnav’s too :)
I like the display on the 512 showing the speed but I want some flexibility to help my pupils and the examiners too and I would hate to keep having to turn it off before tests so I don’t get that lower speed affecting a result.

With regards to what Kamkar1 said the only time the usual 3 MPH difference is when I’m on the M69 near Coventry it bounces between 3-4MPH difference or when the weather is a little ropey and the 512 isn’t seeming happy with the GPS signal but usually is constant 3

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Nextbase Other 3