New Viofo A139 !

Thanks @jokiin, I'll try that later. I'm done fooling with it tonight, 4+ hours into going nowhere with it today :cry: I did try the 4GB card from my phone just to quieten those who cannot understand it isn't a card problem, which we both know it isn't after me trying 5 different known-and-tested-good ones. Yes on the blinking LED- it was at least trying to load FW for certain and apparently did that as the cam does work correctly.

But still leaves the question of why the FW file I got from another tester and from Viofo too is the old one, especially when it upgraded the friend's cam to the newest FW? That doesn't make sense. Still waiting to hear from Bill to confirm the file he sent me to is the right one.

Phil

Thanks @jokiin, I'll try that later. I'm done fooling with it tonight, 4+ hours into going nowhere with it today :cry: I did try the 4GB card from my phone just to quieten those who cannot understand it isn't a card problem, which we both know it isn't after me trying 5 different known-and-tested-good ones. Yes on the blinking LED- it was at least trying to load FW for certain and apparently did that as the cam does work correctly.

But still leaves the question of why the FW file I got from another tester and from Viofo too is the old one, especially when it upgraded the friend's cam to the newest FW? That doesn't make sense. Still waiting to hear from Bill to confirm the file he sent me to is the right one.

Phil
Sorry for the wrong firmware. Next time I will share the FW on the DCT and open a new thread.

Also the loader shared here is not for A139.

The A139 also support exFat, so no necessary to format the card as Fat32.

Any user tried the external MIC?

Sorry for the wrong firmware. Next time I will share the FW on the DCT and open a new thread.
I sent SawMaster the link I received from you, which updated my A139 to V1.0 1113. It is not clear why this does not update his camera.

Yes, in future it will be helpful if you post the FW here for all of the testers to access - thanks

Last edited:
Did anyone encounter interference with DAB or keyless systems yet?
Is there a possibility that it causes problems with the LTE antenna?

Did anyone encounter interference with DAB or keyless systems yet?
Is there a possibility that it causes problems with the LTE antenna?

I don't have any interference with my cars Sat Nav, DAB or keyless systems, it is a Mk7 Ford fiesta. At least none of the systems stop working.

Obviously this is not a guarantee that others will or will not have issues

I wanted to try external mic, but the one i had ( from a SJ camera ) are not the correct plug style.

My ancient cheap sat-nav causes the GPS in the A139 to drop out, but it sits right below the cam and probably has no shielding. Cam still works properly otherwise. Newer devices are probably OK but your results may vary.

Phil

I've not encountered any problems with keyless entry on my car due to the A139, or any other of my cameras TBH. I don't have DAB so I can't comment on that.

No issue with my keyless entry on my 2020 Mazda3.

It wasn't bad, it was just the same version that he already had
It is a pity that they deleted, I wanted to look at the error in the firmware!

The file the FW was linking to was changed, so the FW was reloading- there was not any other problem. I now have the newest FW working well- went smooth first try using my same 32GB card.

And I don't publicly share FW while beta-testing. Only when public sales begin do secrets end and than there is nothing to hide.

Phil

Back