Nextbase 512G

narl

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Does anyone know if it is possible to get longer recording times for this, I think the max is approx. 10 mins at most?

In general dashcam users prefer smaller files so there is less lost in case of a mishap. ( I use 3 minutess )

With the registrator viewer software it is just a matter of clicks with the mouse to export ( seamless and in original format and settings ) a multitude of smaller files into 1 large file, several hours long if you have driven for that long.

RV software will automatic detect your driving sessions on the memory card ( by time / date filename on files ) and assemble them into 1 session that you can play back in RV as 1 file or export as 1 single video file with a few clicks.
If you had a break between 2 driving sessions you can also easy add one to the other session and then view or output those 2 sessions as 1 seamless file.

Also if you camera is one of those that have some milliseconds of overlap on the individual files then RV can remove that too, just enter the value 1 time ( often 1000 ms ) and you will never have to think about that again.

RV can also be used to cut just a little out of a video segment, and you can edit out audio and any GPS meta data there might be in the footage, and maintain the original recording parameters and file format.

That is if your 512G is supported by RV, but i do think it is.

You can Dl RV here
https://streetguardian.info/support

same place there is also a few PDFs about using it, and there is videos about it on youtube too.

If it's not in the cam menus, then no.
There was a topic recently where someone was looking for a cam that could do long clip lengths and I think the consensus was the longest were around 30 minutes which was the 4GB file size limit for FAT32 and the cams were Mobius or JooVuu. > Link to topic <
As mentioned above: most dashcam users prefer relatively short clips of between 1-5 minutes, with 3 minutes being a common default setting.
Our cars run multiple cams (at least two front and one rear) to greatly reduce the chance of a cam/card/power supply/user-error/malfunction meaning no footage of an incident - and I try to set their clip lengths to different lengths which aren't a multiple of each other (e.g. 2, 3, 5) so they're not often ending a clip at the same time.

If you are using some sort of editing software like movie maker you can also bulk import a lot of files into the software, i assume either you rope in all the files you want to import with the mouse or you can hold down Ctrl and select each file.

And thats also okay if your files dont have any overlap cuz it is a pain to see the starting 1 second of every 3 minute file 2 times.

PS. if map dont work in RV fir you and you get some error MSG try use anther than google maps, there is a lot others to select in RV, bing maps and what not.

If you are using some sort of editing software like movie maker you can also bulk import a lot of files into the software, i assume either you rope in all the files you want to import with the mouse or you can hold down Ctrl and select each file.

And thats also okay if your files dont have any overlap cuz it is a pain to see the starting 1 second of every 3 minute file 2 times.

PS. if map dont work in RV fir you and you get some error MSG try use anther than google maps, there is a lot others to select in RV, bing maps and what not.

Hi KamKar1. Will any of this software run on Android ?

No registration viewer is for PC ( windows ) and apple i also think there is a version for.

I am not sure if any of the video editing apps ( that i assume exist ) for android can handle bulk import of files, i would think so but i am guessing as i only use Android casual as a OS and dont do anything but regular phone stuff and then navigating on my tablet.

Then again if your raw files have a overlap, then regular editing apps are out of the question as they dont have the tool to remove the overlapping miliseconds.

Back