Nextbase 522 reoccurring issues across multiple installs - Technicians view.

Good to see your now not having issues. I take it your back up to full spec with everything? Not having to turn features off?

I’ve not had the same customers back so can’t comment on the freezing anymore, most who had the freezing issues for pretty much all of last year have now moved on to other brands with no complaints. My returns bin is predominantly made up of nextbase 522 bundles awaiting return to nextbase and one 322 with a yellow screen iirc, I think they were all units affected with the freezing issue, but where customers had had enough. I didn’t process them so can’t say for sure on the return reasons.

The only noteworthy ones I’ve had back in since the last affected by the freezing issue, is 522s overheating and weirdly this week installs with hardwire kits wired into a permanent live completely flattening batteries over a couple of days, all of which had parking mode on which with the kits should stop that from happening.

I’ve changed 4 over to ignition live feed just today. Not necessarily a 522 only issue but thought I’d mention it for info.

If the freezing issue has been put to bed then it’s a step in the right direction for sure.
Pretty much back to how I had it originally, I have parking mode and amazon alexa switched off as I don't want/need them. Everything else is on as it was originally which used to crash frequently.
So after all the testing I'm putting it down to doing the full format of the card, or the firmware has finally come good. Can't tell for me personally but it's been faultless for a long time now.

I was always worried about a battery going flat, even with their supposed tech knowing when a battery reaches a certain low percentage to then switch off, just didn't trust it. Hence not having parking mode enabled.

on a sidenote, what a stupid design the rear camera is on that magnetic ball. Everytime the boot would be opened/closed the camera would end up facing whichever way it rolled. Ended up using superglue to keep it in place dead centre
Interesting - I have the rear camera (on the magnetic ball fitting) on the rear screen of the boot door (Mini Countryman) - it has never moved despite all the opening and closing of the boot door. 2 years use so far.

Agree, although I’m not a fan of the design, it does lend itself to problems with hatchbacks, to overcome the ‘slam’, I mounted mine on the trim rather than the rear window.

Agree, although I’m not a fan of the design, it does lend itself to problems with hatchbacks, to overcome the ‘slam’, I mounted mine on the trim rather than the rear window.
Ah, I should have clarified - the Mini Countryman's boot door is a hatchback design so the camera is fitted to the rear screen which opens and closes with the door. As i said, no probs in the 2 years i've had it. I wonder if problems are being caused by not having the right amount of cable free to accomodate the hatchback door's range of movement?

Hi Ken, I can see that being a problem but if you route the cable thru the roof lining rear trim then thru the power cable grommet, shortage of cable should not occur. I have read on here of folks gluing/blue tack etc the ball into the mag base to stop movement.

Back