Nextbase 522gw won’t connect to Samsung S9 WiFi

Cooldash

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Only just got this dash cam but one issue I can’t sort out is connecting it by WiFi to my Samsung S9. Firmware 19.1. I can connect perfectly to an old iPhone 6 and my iPad Pro but not the S9.

I have tried turning on and off mobile data and auto connect on my home WiFi network connection on the phone but still won’t connect.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Many thanks

thanks for the reply but that didn’t work. It just stays on the “WiFi connection in progress” screen and doesn’t connect. If I check the WiFi Direct section on my phone I can see the 522GW is there and connected.

Unfortunately Samsungs mix of Android 10 and UI 2 is causing issues for other apps as well

Well I have managed to get this connected. Must have the car started and not recording and it connected straight away, obviously I was doing something wrong!!

Now, after a few days.......what is with the battery life? Fully charged overnight but dead when I leave the office at the end of the day with parking mode on. Fully hard wired.

Hi,

Only just got this dash cam but one issue I can’t sort out is connecting it by WiFi to my Samsung S9. Firmware 19.1. I can connect perfectly to an old iPhone 6 and my iPad Pro but not the S9.

I have tried turning on and off mobile data and auto connect on my home WiFi network connection on the phone but still won’t connect.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Many thanks
Hi there,

Please follow this procedure:

1) Turn on the Cam
2) Stop it recording (press the red button on the screen)
3) Go into Settings (press the button in the top left of the screen)
4) Go into Setup
5) Scroll across to 'Keep User Settings'
6) Turn OFF Keep User Settings
7) Go back to Setup settings
8) Scroll across to Default Settings
9) Follow the instructions to default
10) On your phone, please uninstall and reinstall the MyNextbase Connect app.

Once steps 1-10 have been followed precisely, please use the attached guide to reconnect the app to your Cam.

Regarding Parking Mode, do you have it on a Switch Live or a Permanent Live fuse?

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

Hi Millie,

I tried steps 1-10 after seeing them posted elsewhere in these forums but It is still the same. I couldn't tell you whether or not it is Switch or Permanent Live Fuse as Halfords installed it. I will go back and ask them but I assume you recommend Permanent Live?

Martin

Hi Millie,

I tried steps 1-10 after seeing them posted elsewhere in these forums but It is still the same. I couldn't tell you whether or not it is Switch or Permanent Live Fuse as Halfords installed it. I will go back and ask them but I assume you recommend Permanent Live?

Martin
Hi Martin,

We do recommend a Permanent Live as long as you're using a Nextbase Hard Wire Kit (as it has the inbuilt voltage protection).

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

Thanks Millie, Halfords confirmed it was connected to a switch fuse so it’s booked in for them to change it to permanent fuse.

I'm a bit late to the table but this is what I found .My phone is connected to home via WiFi and to my car via WiFi and phone would not connect at home or in car. Break through was when I turned home WiFi off and it connected and realised it would not connect due to it being connected to WiFi already,bought a tablet and didn't WiFi it to the car and it connects fine.

I'm a bit late to the table but this is what I found .My phone is connected to home via WiFi and to my car via WiFi and phone would not connect at home or in car. Break through was when I turned home WiFi off and it connected and realised it would not connect due to it being connected to WiFi already,bought a tablet and didn't WiFi it to the car and it connects fine.
Just came across your post. Yep, this is the answer. Thasnk you.

Back