Novatek (NT9665X) firmware studies

I compared, 60 much better !!

For low light 30fps will give better results but for 60fps it probably drops the frame rate or frame doubles to achieve the same result anyway, 60fps will generally look better in good lighting conditions

Regardless, use what you feel is best, there's no one set answer

Regardless, use what you feel is best, there's no one set answer
I agree.
And even harshness prevents me from looking for codes.

Fps.jpg

Last edited:
So 20mbps is stable with WIFI on and 36mbps with WIFI off?

Will this firmware corrupt/mess with screen performance?

I used the FW96658A file on my A307(Zeepin/AOTBY/AZDOME) dashcam and now the screen does not work. The camera turns on with a Chinese greeting and has a red light on. However I cannot get the wifi on or anything else to work. Any ideas?

Upon double checking the card, the camera recorded footage at 37.374 MBPS. Very impressive! If only the screen or WIFI worked.

Last edited:
Can someone with JOOY A1 tell me the button presses needed to log into WIFI?

I am hearing or seeing responses only from power button and down button on my A307 so I am guessing A1 only has 2 buttons on the side and no other?

Can someone with JOOY A1 tell me the button presses needed to log into WIFI?
there is no such button, the last firmware made by Wifi is not disabled.
There is a firmware in which in a few minutes, the Wifi will shut down.
A short press on the power, turns on the wifi.

Attachments

• J1.jpg
    J1.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 10
I tried it with wall plug and it did not work to get into WIFI.

On a side note it's a bit annoying though how the dashcams are limited to 10-12MBPS when they can do upwards of 40....The quality was definitely improved. I do not know if it was 3+ times better but it was noticeably sharper.

annoying though how the dashcams are limited to 10-12MBPS when they can do upwards of 40

No argument here, but it is most of all a thermal and so a lifetime issue, and also at 40 mbit every 3 minutes of driving is around 1000 MB.
But i have run 40 mbit on my joovuu X cam for well over a year, but i cant say if thats is why i recently had to retire it due to it acting up a little.
With the remote camera models on the horizon i was hoping for the makers to use the fact that the main unit then dont need to be that small, and so they could use better / larger cooling solutions to make higher bitrates a option at least.
I too feel the 18 - 20 mbit that seem to be the norm now are a tad on the low side, i would like to see 25 - 30 instead, even on memory card cameras, but with higher bitrate i would like to see other solutions for storage.

Most of the time, there's no ability to change the bitrate. Even selecting 'superfine' quality rarely bumps up bitrate very much.

I have used the A307 with 37.5mb/s bitrate and there's no issue with overheating. I am even using a crappy older 32GB sandisk card which may or may not even be class 10 which just barely fits the requirements. There are specifically cards designed for repeated writing like Sandisk High Endurance line of micro SD cards. My Sandisk card worked well for two years in my Mini 0806 even despite some bad cables. It finally corrupted when I suddenly lost power and permanently wrote 3 300mb files which cannot be overwritten or formatted.

Is there a sysconfig for Novatek 96658 chipset with which you can set the correct date?

I am locked out of my A307 dashcam after the upgrade to the Jooy A1 36MBPS bitrate FW. I am trying to at least get the date to show properly.

I struggle with the light of the white, the tables do not help, only exposure in the minus, gives the result, but then the frame is dark.
Until I won !! :(

re.jpg

Back