Ok so I fixed the power loop issue

how many did they ship?

How many complained?

Point being, lets be honest the A119SV1 didnt exactly get glowing reviews from forum personell, did it?

The V1 was a dud, the v2 was what the v1 should have been.

a very small percentage of those that shipped

should people that have issues get them replaced, absolutely, it is a small percentage of the total though, a recall is not needed

Sorry, I dont believe you. I believe all A119S V1 are defective via a failed project, hence the V2.

Believe what you want to believe, not here to change your mind, the A119 V1 and A119S V1 are the same aside from the sensor PCB and firmware, they both have V2 variants for the exact same reason, design has been updated to something better to reduce problems that were being reported, a pro active move

Anyone who has a problem V1 unit deserves to get it replaced, not suggesting for a second that they shouldn't

Believe what you want to believe, not here to change your mind, the A119 V1 and A119S V1 are the same aside from the sensor PCB and firmware, they both have V2 variants for the exact same reason, design has been updated to something better to reduce problems that were being reported, a pro active move

Anyone who has a problem V1 unit deserves to get it replaced, not suggesting for a second that they shouldn't

If they are the same aside from sensor PCB, then why does it not work with swapping same memory card out from A119 to A119s? Meaning putting the A119 memory card into the A119Sv1 and same with power supply? I call bull****.

Issue I have here is that I am posting and competing with people who have a vested business and financial interest. I dont, I am nothing but a consumer. Can you say the same about yourself?

I am a consumer, nothing more nothing less. We shall also see, the forums admin take on this, that in itself will show who they are in the back pockets off. Should they wipe or lock or delete this post , the answer will be obvious.

So Sad, that I have been using an A119 for over one year with no issues, then I cannot use the A119Sv1 for more than a week with issues.Time to move on to another half trusted brand. Bye bye.

Last edited:
If they are the same aside from sensor PCB, then why does it not work with swapping same memory card out from A119 to A119s? Meaning putting the A119 memory card into the A119Sv1 and same with power supply? I call bull****.

Issue I have here is that I am posting and competing with people who have a vested business and financial interest. I dont, I am nothing but a consumer. Can you say the same about yourself?

I am a consumer, nothing more nothing less. We shall also see, the forums admin take on this, that in itself will show who they are in the back pockets off. Should they wipe or lock or delete this post , the answer will be obvious.

So Sad, that I have been using an A119 for over one year with no issues, then I cannot use the A119Sv1 for more than a week with issues.Time to move on to another half trusted brand. Bye bye.

I have no commercial interest in the product you have, there's nothing for me to lose or gain regardless one way or the other, you have a faulty camera, sorry for trying to help you troubleshoot the issue

I have no commercial interest in the product you have, there's nothing for me to lose or gain regardless one way or the other, you have a faulty camera, sorry for trying to help you troubleshoot the issue

No, I didnt mean to sound like I did, sometimes words dont come across as intended. I get it, cheers.

Yeah of which the A119 works with but the A119S v1 doesnt. Same with mem cards. Whats the problem? I think Viofo needs to recall this device and do right for the owners of the ill fated V1 A199s which in reality was a massive failure. Dont you agree?

I appreciate your help.
The only real difference between the V1 and the V2 models was the GPS connection design. The cameras worked fine otherwise. You said your not using the GPS on the A119S, so the issue is elsewhere. Any memory card used in the A119, can also be used in the A119S. As Jokin said, the only difference between the A119 and A119S is the sensor board and lens/lens holder. I have opened up quite a few of both units and can confirm this. I'm not sure why the card from the A119 won't work in the A119S, other than to say it's a defective unit.

Adorama has said they will now honor the one year warranty on the Viofo cameras (they stated this in the WR1 thread), so I would contact them to get it replaced.

The only real difference between the V1 and the V2 models was the GPS connection design. The cameras worked fine otherwise. You said your not using the GPS on the A119S, so the issue is elsewhere. Any memory card used in the A119, can also be used in the A119S. As Jokin said, the only difference between the A119 and A119S is the sensor board and lens/lens holder. I have opened up quite a few of both units and can confirm this. I'm not sure why the card from the A119 won't work in the A119S, other than to say it's a defective unit.

Adorama has said they will now honor the one year warranty on the Viofo cameras (they stated this in the WR1 thread), so I would contact them to get it replaced.

So when using the mem card from tha A119 does not work in the A119s. then cam is the issue.

So when using the mem card from tha A119 does not work in the A119s. then cam is the issue.
Yeah, if the card works fine in the A119 and not in the A119S, I would think the A119S is faulty. However, just to completely rule out any power issue, I would try the A119S on the power setup you have for the A119. The A119 has a known working setup. Plug the A119S in there, power it up, format the card again in the A119S and see what happens. If you still get an error, I would contact Adorama.

Yeah, if the card works fine in the A119 and not in the A119S, I would think the A119S is faulty. However, just to completely rule out any power issue, I would try the A119S on the power setup you have for the A119. The A119 has a known working setup. Plug the A119S in there, power it up, format the card again in the A119S and see what happens. If you still get an error, I would contact Adorama.

Did, its faulty, its mullered, its trash, its a waste of space. What next?

They recently stated that in line with what the other sellers were doing they will now support the full 12 months directly also

They recently stated that in line with what the other sellers were doing they will now support the full 12 months directly also
Great news. Thanks. I'll reach out to them after hurricane Irma lol

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Tapatalk

Their rep is on here, you can contact @HelenOster if you have any problems getting it sorted

Hi,
When I click her name on the link you provided, it wont allow me to send her a message. I just get options to
Their rep is on here, you can contact @HelenOster if you have any problems getting it sorted

I managed to contact Helen@ Adorama, she responded back quickly and efficiently, hopefully will get the matter resolved soon, cheers Jokiin.

EDIT. The original A119 in front of my truck is still rolling as strong as ever, what a fantastic product it was considering its baking in the Florida Sun all the time, works perfectly.

Hi,
When I click her name on the link you provided, it wont allow me to send her a message. I just get options to

she has private messaging turned off, a bit counter productive for a rep but whatever, as long as you got hold of her and have things underway is the main thing

Ok it's been a while since my last post or my findings.

I put the rear A119s complete with it's existing mem card to the front of the vehicle. So it seemed to work on my first power on and run early today. I basically unplugged the front A119 and plugged the A119S to the existing power source.

Now, I'm thinking my issue is perhaps power related. Since it would loop with the back psu cable.

I took the viofo a119s inside the house and used the short cable that came in the box to my PC , with a view to upgrade the firmware to v2.2 but it wouldn't work, it would say mass storage mode. I tried a long eBay usb cable and it too would say mass storage .

Can someone please advise on what I need to A: update the viofo a119s and B: supply power to it to work in the rear of my truck.thanks

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back