Ok so I fixed the power loop issue

Can you recommend a USB power cord to power the camera? I think some are not adequate to provide the correct voltage.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
First choice is the Viofo supplied long USB cable and 12 to 5 Vdc converter (the cig socket adapter) that come with the camera.

Last edited:
Can you recommend a USB power cord to power the camera? I think some are not adequate to provide the correct voltage.

First choice is the Viofo supplied long USB cable and 12 to 5 Vdc converter (the cig socket adapter) that comes with the camera.
I've got the cig adaptor, just need the power cord. I have a 3 port USB hub in truck . Front camera connects to it as does back camera.

My original USB supplied cord is cut. Hence wanting another one that works.

The Monoprice cables seem to be the most recommended when you need a longer cable, they're very reasonably priced also

The Monoprice cables seem to be the most recommended when you need a longer cable, they're very reasonably priced also
I think at the time I did order a replacement mono price USB cable. I temporarily connected it to the USB 12-5v adaptor on an outlet at the back of the vehicle. Then the dashcam would power loop .

So I'm thinking it's power related? As installing the camera up front where my original A119 is seems to work.

How do I check the USB cable for correct functionality? Cheers.

So I'm thinking it's power related? As installing the camera up front where my original A119 is seems to work.

When you say "Power Loop", I presume you mean Power cycles on and off, at a cycle rate of about 15 seconds or more. That plus interference-like lines on the screen before it cycles off are good signs that power available to the camera is insufficient.

Checking the Power supply. First check camera operation with an independent power supply, such as the short supplied cable with a USB wall charger, or a +5Vdc USB power bank. Your successful test using the A119's power supply may suffice.

If the camera works OK by running it with an independent power supply, then it is reasonable to assume that the power supply is the problem. It is difficult to test the 12 to 5 Vdc converter and the USB cable by means other than remove and replace.

I think at the time I did order a replacement mono price USB cable. I temporarily connected it to the USB 12-5v adaptor on an outlet at the back of the vehicle. Then the dashcam would power loop .

I've had similar issues when powering the A119S using Monoprice cables, same cable works fine with the A119, SG9665GC and Mobius.

I'd suggest getting the VIOFO cable.

I've had similar issues when powering the A119S using Monoprice cables, same cable works fine with the A119, SG9665GC and Mobius.

I'd suggest getting the VIOFO cable.
Thanks for information. So basically some monoprice cables don't work as intended?

I'm going to power my original A119 with this cable and see what happens.

Last edited:
Well I'll be damned. I just tested the monoprice USB cable on two outlets in my truck. Both powered up my original A119 with no issues.

As soon as I plug the A119S the screen has a horizontal lines and memory error is showed.

So in essence, the A119S doesn't work with my Monoprice USB power cable but the A119 does.

I've already had my front A119 hardwired and cable routed so I'm not going to strip the vehicle to swap USB cable.

So ultimately I need a USB cable. I remember but forgot that the monoprice one was slightly longer than the supplied Viofo one?

I need it to be the same length as my current non working Monoprice USB cable. Cheers for helping me diagnose this.

Helen Oster god bless her , had already sent me a return label for warranty repair. That was 5 months ago. LOL

If 3.5 metres is enough, get the VIOFO cable. I'd bought two from Foxoffer a few months back, working well with the A119, A119S, Mobius 1 and 2.

If 3.5 metres is enough, get the VIOFO cable. I'd bought two from Foxoffer a few months back, working well with the A119, A119S, Mobius 1 and 2.
The original Viofo cable was slightly too short . Otherwise I would have just bought original cable. You linked Monoprice USB cable in your previous post. Will these work on the A119s? The one I bought didn't as you know.

The original Viofo cable was slightly too short . Otherwise I would have just bought original cable.

See if you can route it differently to reach the desired location.

The original Viofo cable was slightly too short . Otherwise I would have just bought original cable. You linked Monoprice USB cable in your previous post. Will these work on the A119s? The one I bought didn't as you know.

It's funny because my A119S supplied cable was 4 Meters long (~about 13.12 ft), a little longer than my A119 cable. You might check with potential retailers to see what you would actually get.

It's funny because my A119S supplied cable was 4 Meters long (~about 13.12 ft), a little longer than my A119 cable. You might check with potential retailers to see what you would actually get.
Yeah, I think I'll need a 15ft USB cable. But need one that works with the A119s.

Back