Ok so I fixed the power loop issue

it says mass storage as you're plugging it into the computer, that's the expected result

better to use a card reader to copy the file onto the memory card and use the in vehicle power supply or something like a USB phone charger to power the camera to update it

While in Mass Storage Mode, transfer the .bin file for the V2.2 firmware over to the memory card. Mass Storage Mode allows your camera to become a drive on your computer. After the transfer, unplug from the computer, then power the camera from a USB wall charger (phone charger). The A119S will now update automatically.

it says mass storage as you're plugging it into the computer, that's the expected result

better to use a card reader to copy the file onto the memory card and use the in vehicle power supply or something like a USB phone charger to power the camera to update it
I tried to use a card reader it says it's write protected. Even if I change the tab on the adaptor.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

While in Mass Storage Mode, transfer the .bin file for the V2.2 firmware over to the memory card. Mass Storage Mode allows your camera to become a drive on your computer. After the transfer, unplug from the computer, then power the camera from a USB wall charger (phone charger). The A119S will now update automatically.
I can't. It says it is write protected. I tried changing the adaptor but to no avail.

POS tho, never had all this bull**** with the A119 .

if it is a card issue then that's something that can happen with any camera
It's not a card issue. Swapped front camera A119 for the A119S. It worked.was a power source issue. We'll see.

It's not a card issue. Swapped front camera A119 for the A119S. It worked.was a power source issue. We'll see.

that wouldn't explain the card being read only though
Probably a secondary issue. Or ****y Chinese micro SD card adaptor.

Tomorrow I will unopen my genuine Samsung 132GB card and use that inside the Viofo A119S. Bearing in mind I've been using Kingston memory for last 15 months on my A119 with no issue.

Consider trying your A119 card in your A119S, after reformating in camera. I have both A119 and A119S also (both V1), and use both interchangeably with the same GPS mount and power supply. Also have swapped the cards. No problems.
Edit: Sorry, I previously missed your post saying you did swap cards and it worked.

Last edited:
Consider trying your A119 card in your A119S, after reformating in camera. I have both A119 and A119S also (both V1), and use both interchangeably with the same GPS mount and power supply. Also have swapped the cards. No problems.
Did all that. Only thing different is the power source between front and back camera. I moved the A119S to the front and it appears to work well. Same mem card .

Did all that. Only thing different is the power source between front and back camera. I moved the A119S to the front and it appears to work well. Same mem card .

if you have voltage sag that can cause issues with memory cards, can even be fine with some cards and not with others as the cards themselves can have different voltage requirements also

Yes I saw that after my post. In regard to power, if not already doing so, use the Viofo supplied 12 to 5 Vdc converter (cig adapter) and the supplied long USB cable for the rear A119S installation. For testing, just string the cable without worrying about hiding it. Plug the power into the camera side if using a GPS mount.

Yes I saw that after my post. In regard to power, if not already doing so, use the Viofo supplied 12 to 5 Vdc converter (cig adapter) and the supplied long USB cable for the rear A119S installation. For testing, just string the cable without worrying about hiding it. Plug the power into the camera side if using a GPS mount.
Can you recommend a USB power cord to power the camera? I think some are not adequate to provide the correct voltage.

Back