Ok so I fixed the power loop issue

I don't think that will work as ultimately it's still 28awg but with added gold connector and ferrite core.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The power wires are 24 gauge and I believe that is likely where your problem lies. Standard 28 gauge USB data cables are rated for 15 feet but 28 AWG for current at 15 feet may not cut it for this camera.

I don't think that will work as ultimately it's still 28awg but with added gold connector and ferrite core.

The power wires are 24 gauge and I believe that is likely where your problem lies. Standard 28 gauge USB data cables are rated for 15 feet but 28 AWG for current at 15 feet may not cut it for this camera.
Mini b5, was the one I have currently that doesn't work. The one you linked stays mini b4, will this work on the A119s? Some fo the reviewers were mentioning it.
c73c0931d3ce912740478ce21dcfb7ac.jpg

I don't know if it will work with the A119S or not but I use one of these cables with a Mobius and it works fine. As long as you don't need the data connection that a 5 pin connector provides, I don't think it should be a problem. Generally in my experience, 4 pin cables are no problem with dash cams but you can't use them to connect your camera to a computer. I can tell you that I have a power bank that causes dash cams to go into Mass Storage mode because it makes cameras think they are connected to a computer because it has some sort of data signal so I've cut the data wires on a 5 pin Monoprice cable leaving only the two power wires and it now works great while eliminating the problem.

I received it a few days and just now plugged it in vehicle.

It seems to no show any memory error but there was a slight horizontal lines flicker come about on one occasion. But it continued to record.

Will test further. Attached is what they sent me. Not sure if anyone of it proves that they send me what I ordered or not?

eb197f0402c9c6c51994992e14568395.jpg
c7df96ff9bd71c07d7e35261b446b334.jpg

I've never had Monoprice not ship me the correct item I ordered. In any case, so far it sounds like an improvement. Hope your problem is finally resolved.

I've never had Monoprice not ship me the correct item I ordered. In any case, so far it sounds like an improvement. Hope your problem is finally resolved.
Thanks. If not then I'll have to just order the slightly shorter genuine Viofo USB cable.

Where can I purchase a genuine Viofo USB power cable?

The cam didn't fully power on today. Red light was on but wasn't recording until I unplugged the power and rebooted it. Otherwise , it was working ok with the monoprice cable. Bearing in mind the screen does flicker a little on initial bootup.

With the previous cable it would flicker bad with horizontal lines and give mem error.

I should have added the reason I knew it wasn't recording was that I have a 3 min screen delay on both front and back cams. The back 119s screen didn't even power on, just record light.

I'll PM capture your action or go to his website to order.

Where can I purchase a genuine Viofo USB power cable?

The cam didn't fully power on today. Red light was on but wasn't recording until I unplugged the power and rebooted it. Otherwise , it was working ok with the monoprice cable. Bearing in mind the screen does flicker a little on initial bootup.

With the previous cable it would flicker bad with horizontal lines and give mem error.

It doesn't make sense that the Monoprice cable would work OK for a period of time and then suddenly the camera won't fully power on. One important thing to try at this point would be a different USB charger that has a higher amperage out-put than the one supplied with the camera.

There are many on the market but something like either of these dual port 4.8 amp RAVpower chargers that can supply 2.4 amps to each port would be a good option.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B071FHZRQN
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01B182976

It does make sense to me. With the previous monoprice cable the screen would have horizontal lines and flicker immediately on power up. Then throw a mem error.

With this current monoprice cable , the camera slightly flickers on power up but generally works 9 times of 10.

It does make sense to me. With the previous monoprice cable the screen would have horizontal lines and flicker immediately on power up. Then throw a mem error.

With this current monoprice cable , the camera slightly flickers on power up but generally works 9 times of 10.

The cable might only be a minor contributor to this problem. Some memory cards draw more voltage than others for example and can cause similar issues. And if the power supply doesn't provide enough amperage, the cable choice won't make a difference. It would be like failing to use high enough octane gas in your car and then blaming a rough running engine on your fuel line.

I've experienced the same problems you are describing here with certain other cameras over time and the issue is always a matter of delivering enough amperage (and voltage) to the meet the camera's requirements. Some cameras seem much more susceptible to this issue than others and the A119 series is apparently one of them.

BTW, another symptom of a camera (or memory card) not receiving enough power is a pulsating buzz or other odd noises, such as a hiss in your videos. Are you experiencing anything like that?

It's not the power supply. It does the same when I use the source that my existing stable A119 uses. I've already covered all of that in my previous posts.

It's not the power supply. It does the same when I use the source that my existing stable A119 uses. I've already covered all of that in my previous posts.

Just ordered a genuine USB power cable from capture your action.

Back