Street Guardian SGZC12SG built-in-GPS & NEW Capacitive Smart-Touch Screen

Maybe something simple like two bars on the screen you can adjust up and down to ignore outside of that area like you can do with CCTV software to tweak motion detection - that way to could tell the camera to ignore above say the top third of the image and below the dash line as it's unlikely we're really bothered about movement up there?

Although saying that maybe the red line at the bottom is a critical zone in case some one is in the car, although then there's a very high chance your camera will be going home with them anyway! Plus the blue line maybe should be a bit higher in case someone is peering through the windscreen but I think this gives you an idea what I mean:

x2 motion zones.jpg

Interesting I never had that problem with that much light, maybe because in my area we always have upcoming traffic.

Anyway for now best solution is to use regular recording mode with Motion Detection - OFF and use Motion Detection - ON for parking mode only.
You never know what is around the corner plus any skipping in recording is a big issue.
The way I use my G for past week, just to be on safer side.
Driving:
Motion Detection = OFF
G Sensor = LOW.
Parking:
Motion Detection = ON
G Sensor = HIGH.

Also it's good to have some additional SD card 128GB or 256GB card is good investment.[emoji6]
https://shop.pier28.com/index.php/memory-cards-and-readers.html
Or
Lexar Platinum II 200x 128GB SDXC UHS-I Flash Memory Card LSD128BBNL200 https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00JST4RSKPNY Elite Performance 128GB High Speed SDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Up to 90MB/sec Flash Card - P-SDX128U1H-GE https://www.amazon.com/gp/B008PO5CSIPNY Elite Performance 256GB High Speed SDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Up to 90MB/sec Flash Card - P-SDX256U1H-GE https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00FF90EZM

Thanks, yeah since I've discovered the Issue I kept it turned of while driving.
Just re-enabled it to replicate it and post here.
Also wasn't sure if the newer FW (updated about 1-2weeks ago) would fix it.

As for Memory Cards, for now I'm using 2 x32 gig PNYs.
One for when parked the other when I start driving. I usually swap out when I start my day.
I've been wanting at least one bigger one 64 or 128 gig anyway,
The 32 gig Card isn't quit big enough to record a 'whole' shift (11 hours Max).

For the Motion Detection.
If the Camera could/would check for GPS Motion over say 10-15mph, (I sometimes get funny GPS readings 1-3mph when stopped)
It should start recording.

Maybe something simple like two bars on the screen you can adjust up and down to ignore outside of that area like you can do with CCTV software to tweak motion detection - that way to could tell the camera to ignore above say the top third of the image and below the dash line as it's unlikely we're really bothered about movement up there?

Although saying that maybe the red line at the bottom is a critical zone in case some one is in the car, although then there's a very high chance your camera will be going home with them anyway! Plus the blue line maybe should be a bit higher in case someone is peering through the windscreen but I think this gives you an idea what I mean:

View attachment 10628

You idea is what my iCaro B4 has. It's over 3y old, but me it has one of the most advance settings for 4ch car dvr system. Of course most of them are taken from standalone home CCTV systems, but on-screen area motion detection senstitivity adjustment would b great. This way can ignore areas which are not useful ( sky and bottom / ground / bonnet ) and leave only useful centre area.

Below my full overview of iCaro B4 menu interface and settings. Of course most function can not be applied on singled dashcam, but choosing "sensitivity area" would be one of good ideas to try out if its possible to implement.

About motion detection jump to 1 min 50 sec

Motion 2.jpg

Motion 1.jpg

Working motion detection is the holy grail. We have multi thousand dollar surveillance cameras on our network that claim to be able to detect motion reliably and they don't. If someone can discover a system that truly works they'll never have to work another day in their lives.

I agree, even on the lowest sensitivity the X2 reacts on tree leaves or rain drops while car is parked.
Need some new way of motion detection calculation / processing for X2 or Pano G / S etc.
This new way of motion detection maybe called smart motion detection, where it can recognize which movement is "useless", like tree leaves or rain drops, and only starts recording objects which are useful.
I believe sort of smart motion detection will be available in some stage, same as most digital cameras have "face detection recognition", same way soon dashcams will also have some sort of smart motion detection technology / algorithm. It's only a matter of programming / data processing, which takes time to develop for dashcam industry. Most important is to acknowledge those issues, pass them to developers and rest is matter of time.

Does anyone know what the difference is between the Australia/New Zealand and the US version?

Does anyone know what the difference is between the Australia/New Zealand and the US version?

US version is white box edition

Australian version is full retail edition, comes with 32GB Class 10 Toshiba memory card, USB OTG card reader, carry bag, AV in cable etc

Excellent thanks for the reply. ;)

I ordered a Panorama G and a few accessories through Amazon last night, I was a little worried there might be something majorly different between the two models.

Thanks again.

Excellent thanks for the reply. ;)

I ordered a Panorama G and a few accessories through Amazon last night, I was a little worried there might be something majorly different between the two models.

Thanks again.

did you use a forwarding service?

I really like the idea of motion-detection only working when GPS is showing no movement. As soon as GPS registers movement: Motion-detection=off, recording=on. If GPS registers no movement for 5 minutes or so, Motion-detection: On.

I really like the idea of motion-detection only working when GPS is showing no movement. As soon as GPS registers movement: Motion-detection=off, recording=on. If GPS registers no movement for 5 minutes or so, Motion-detection: On.

The only fly in the ointment I see here is that even when stationary, the GPS signal seems to vary a small amount.
I've noticed when viewing in Registrator viewer that I can be stationary, and you can still see very small GPS movements. I imagine this is to do with the constant moving of the satellites.
Maybe these small movements could be taken into consideration using software, if so then I think it could be a winner.

Silly question should I power down the Camera before removing/replacing SD Card?

Silly question should I power down the Camera before removing/replacing SD Card?
In order to be on safe side it's always better to power down dashcam before removing/replacing SD Card, plus format card inside dashcam at least ones a month.

Last edited:
Any chance we could get the option to turn off the illuminated buttons and either shut off the blinking blue LED or decrease the frequency of the blink?

Back