Panorama X2 Beta firmware 1.02.05 & 1.02.07 news

There is powerful Russian forum, where is smart guys can modify firmwares! There is I start topic about our problem. Let's support request for stable mod! Please register there and support me!

So disappointed with the lack of progress. Looks like firmware concentrated on power issues that didn't really get resolved, but it doesn't look like we're ever going to see the rear camera working in G sensor mode either.

Did Pier28 stop selling this cam? Can't find it, on his site.

Did Pier28 stop selling this cam? Can't find it, on his site.

We sold out of X2 stock and our X2 listings are inactive at the moment. If you are still in the 1 year warranty we can still take care of you.

We are now part of http://LukasDirect.com

We are in the process of combining back end systems so all Lukas products will also be made available on the Shop.Pier28.com site soon as well.

We are also preparing for the new 2016 Dual Channel Street Guardian products in the works.

I'm sure we would have no problem giving all previous X2 customers a nice discount on a different dual channel product if they were ready to upgrade.

We sold out of X2 stock and our X2 listings are inactive at the moment. If you are still in the 1 year warranty we can still take care of you.

We are now part of http://LukasDirect.com

We are in the process of combining back end systems so all Lukas products will also be made available on the Shop.Pier28.com site soon as well.

We are also preparing for the new 2016 Dual Channel Street Guardian products in the works.

I'm sure we would have no problem giving all previous X2 customers a nice discount on a different dual channel product if they were ready to upgrade.

Hope the new dual chan dashcam will have a remote unit, really don't like my electronics to sit in the sun if they don't have to.

Hi Guys,

Can I get a link for Panorama X2 firmware, 1.02.05 please?
Thank you in advance!

Even though I am currently on 1.02.04, my camera will hang at certain times.

I realise that the sure proof way of ensuring the camera does not hang when transiting from parking mode to drive mode (vice versa too) is to switch on to accessory mode first...before cranking up the engine.

By doing this each time, the camera gets the voltage surge as accessories are powered up and will transit to drive mode smoothly.

Dear Pier28, Thank you for your kind download links!

You are the man and seriously, this Panorama X2 is a great camera with easy to use interface....a pity it could be so much more if not for the diminishing support by developer....it is so much better than BlackVue in many ways.

I must say I had high hopes for the X2, but it is a failure.

I also feel a little let down that the firmware issues couldn't be completely fixed. (it still has issues and the developers have given up)

I continue use mine daily, but I don't consider the unit to be 100% reliable in any situation.

Having said that, the image quality is the best I've seen in many cams, but what a waste of good hardware. (buggy)

I don't anticipate any new Panorama products this year.

For 2016 Pier28 is now focused on LukasDirect dual channel products (part of our new combined warehouse) and the future dual channel Street Guardian products which are and will be solid.

We are still giving X2 warranty support to the best of our ability but don't have direct access to the development team like we do with Lukas and Street Guardian. Street Guardian will have a new dedicated USA speciality web site in the near future as well.

Last edited:
I must say I had high hopes for the X2, but it is a failure.
To put it mildly, I'm completely disappointed with this product. It's been a lemon from day one and its not worked as advertised since it was released. With international shipping and currency conversion rates it cost me well over $1200. @Pier28 has done a great job in trying to support it, and thats the reason I stuck with it. In hind site, I should have sent it straight back, but lets be honest both @Pier28 and us have been let down completely by the manufacturer and this is clearly why he's moved to a different product line.

I'd happily box my product back up and send it back for an alternative as an exchange, but replacing it (much as I'd love to) is just completely out of the question for me, given the cost. I wanted a dual camera option and its only ever worked as a front cam unit (due to the gshock not activating the rear camera). I would definitely buy from @Pier28 again, because he is a man of integrity and has supported his customers tirelessly, but I simply cannot afford it in the foreseeable future.

one of the models is dual remote cameras

Any ETA on a release date? I am VERY interested in something like this. I am close to buying a couple B40/A118's and mounting them instead of a 2ch setup like the X2 (which i have currently). Maybe even with 2 additional looking out the sides.

If this is coming out soon, I am willing to entertain the new setup. especially if Pier28 is going to give a discount for existing X2's purchased through him. :) (or am I reading that incorrectly?)

One of my cards are now write protected and I can't format either on the PC or in the X2 itself. I recall something like in the past but haven't found the post regarding fixing the issue. Anyone remember how to fix the card?

It sounds like the NAND has barfed and toggled the read only status to be honest so it's more than likely time to call warranty on the card.

What sort is it? You've got a really tiny chance that a chkdsk would fix it if the boot sector is corrupted like can happen on the X2 but if that was the case it should still format on a PC (which it prompts you when the boot sector has corrupted).

I had a 4GB card die on me this week actually, first one that I've lost and it was a no brand freebie that I was using in a Raspberry Pi that lasted all of around a month.

Its a Sandisk Ultra 64GB. Damn, the X2 continues to bite me in the rear. Guess you're right, going to the warranty route if I can't get this fixed.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B X2 0
B X2 9
L X2 2
E X2 2
Joelinnh X2 2
Back