Panorama X2 firmware 1.02.03 (Rear Parking mode camera recording enhanced / Stability Improved)

Yep - the X2 has failed miserably again at the garage - strange one for sure!

Exactly - Sungmoon needs to get his engineer to do that otherwise he's clutching at straws with random issues.

There's a debug mode in the firmware that just goes straight into a test menu but it's no good for logging - maybe Sungmoon should use similar to a stub file that when it finds it the camera generates debug info, and then when a customer gets an issue they just create a file called debug.txt and it would generate a log file when restarted.

Exactly - Sungmoon needs to get his engineer to do that otherwise he's clutching at straws with random issues.
If the time and effort is put in now to get even a simple logging procedure in place it'll save us all much more time, effort and speculation down the road. This of course may be easier said than done....

I do have to say that once I stopped using the voltage control and instead switched to power off after 6 hours I have had effectively 0 issues so far. There is something buggy about the voltage detection.

Don't worry my voltage is off and my screen is on and parking is off and it still locks up :(

Just wanted to chime in and say that I'm also having rear camera issues since I did the firmware update. My X2 recorded both front and rear fine yesterday but today the rear recorded in parking mode overnight, recorded during my commute to work, and recorded in parking mode during work while in the parking garage. While I was driving home, only the front camera recorded anything. After rebooting the camera by unplugging the power and plugging it back in then swapping out the SD cards a couple times (I kept getting "please insert front card" and "please insert rear card" until I did it in an order it liked), I'm pretty sure it's recording driving again.

No idea what caused it to stop while in the parking garage at work, though. I don't recall turning the car to ACC at all, I usually have it fully on or off with the keys out of the ignition.

Sitting in the car now with parking mode activated. Front camera is recording with motion fine, but rear camera shows recording but the time isn't incrementing, just staying on 0

cf8dd234ef5f7599b174fb7ee6f8601d.jpg

b21893eac5062e3d26bda9fdfec65dcc.jpg

SungMoon Jang is creating an X2 DeBug firmware so we can all log the behaviour and pin point the exact trigger that needs to be adjusted. I'll post once it's ready.

I'm sure @reverend will be pleased to hear that

Can't wait - now I've tweaked the focus I'm much happier - knowing my luck these Lexar 633x cards coming tomorrow will make it even worse :P

I had the camera not start up again today (again after it's been at the garage again) - not sure what they heck they do with my car when they're trying to start it but that's three different garages all cause the problem of causing the camera to just not record anything. Very strange indeed.

Can't wait - now I've tweaked the focus I'm much happier - knowing my luck these Lexar 633x cards coming tomorrow will make it even worse :p

I had the camera not start up again today (again after it's been at the garage again) - not sure what they heck they do with my car when they're trying to start it but that's three different garages all cause the problem of causing the camera to just not record anything. Very strange indeed.
what a coincidence ,may be they see the cam and disable it so the can have a joy ride( just kidding)

Sitting in the car now with parking mode activated. Front camera is recording with motion fine, but rear camera shows recording but the time isn't incrementing, just staying on 0

cf8dd234ef5f7599b174fb7ee6f8601d.jpg

b21893eac5062e3d26bda9fdfec65dcc.jpg
Your rear cam is not displaying the motion and gsensor count either. So looks like it's not entering parking mode fully. I take it you have the switch for parking mode rear camera turned on and you've checked the cables?

The camera could probably do with displaying the firmware version of both channels so you could check that they've both taken.

Really looking forward to this debug version though so we've got more of an idea of what is going on - I'm looking forward to information overload :)

Your rear cam is not displaying the motion and gsensor count either. So looks like it's not entering parking mode fully. I take it you have the switch for parking mode rear camera turned on and you've checked the cables?

You're right, I never noticed that!
I'm pretty sure the switch is on as there are parking files for the rear camera. I can't see there being any issues with the cables as the front one is entering parking mode.... Unless when I close the boot it seems to make something loose?

update on my x2, i put two different than transcend sd cards in it 2 days ago, one being Kingston 64gb(TLC type memory) in the front slot, and Sony 32gb (i think is SLC type) in the rear, i did not experience any glitches, any lock ups. i want to apologize for speaking too soon.

Bought Panorama X2 from Pier28 last month, installed it last weekend. Using Samsung Pro 64GB memory cards that I bought for GoPro over a year ago.

Using 5 minute loop per video mode.
Using 12.1V parking power down mode, battery is 12.5/12.6V at the fuse box, there might be a voltage drop through the long cable resulting in the camera shutting off if I use the 12.4V powerdown setting, but I'm OK with this.

Had a problem 2 days ago where the dashcam said Please Insert Rear Card, plugged it into a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 phone and the phone said the card is corrupted, reformated in the phone and dashcam worked fine after that. One microSD cards worked great for over a year of constant use in a GoPro used as a dashcam, over 4TB written to it, the other card was also used but not as often and I'm not sure which card threw a glitch, or maybe it was Panorama X2's glitch.

Checked out the clarity of the video for license plate recognition and it's not looking too good. Can only recognize the license plate if it's 15 feet or closer, which either means bumper to bumper (not possible on freeways) or beside the car, which makes the video a bit worse because of the wide angle lens and reduced resolution of the plate.

A constant problem and a big inconvenience that is my only gripe about this dashcam is that whenever I start the car, the switch from parking mode to driving record mode sometimes doesn't happen. I've waited for over 1 minute, maybe 2, and it wouldn't start.
Maybe the card is full and it's deleting files for recording, but it should take this long and it should start recording right after it deletes them, but it doesn't.
I never waited long enough for the dashcam to start recording when this issue arose, and instead I've accessed the Settings, clicked on Play, then return, return, and the recording would turn on.
The clock at the top during this issue would continue to count, but the circle indicating recording or not would stay green, meaning NOT recording.

I also bought 2 Samsung EVO 64GB microSD cards, so if I have issues I could try these new cards.

Not 100% sure, but my firmware is either 1.03.03 or 1.02.03, most likely the latter.

Tid bit: Got pulled over by the cops a few days ago for swerving at 1AM, well I swerved to avoid 2 pot holes spaced 1 foot apart, they did a 4 minute stop and determined that I wasn't under the influence and let me go, quick stop, no ticket and no warning (kind of silly to consider a warning for avoiding "debri/potholes" on the road), professional. Reviewed the rear camera footage after and most of it was good, the bright light from their movable light though blinded over half the sensor.

Back