Panorama X2 firmware 1.02.03 (Rear Parking mode camera recording enhanced / Stability Improved)

Everything you've listed there are known documented issues. Hopefully now that logging is going into the next version we'll start to get somewhere.

Valid issue on screen quality too and I don't think that's helped by the wide angle lens.

Oh, one other thing that I encountered and thought was weird.
After the cops pulled me over, and the recording ran 5 minutes in normal driving mode (I did NOT activate an event), the next 5 minute loop video ended up in the Event folder, both front and rear cameras. I wonder why that happened, there were no triggers for the event recording to occur, and the event recording happened while I was stationary with the car running, then 1 or 2 minutes later I was let go and continued driving, no sudden accelerations or jerks, so no gsensor trigger.

For the past week, dashcam activates an event on sometimes the tiniest of G-shocks, while ignoring large thumps over beaten roads and speed bumps. Gsensor is set to medium. Doubt it's a setting issue, probably some kind of filtering/interpreting going on and or the g sensor reading.

I don't think the rear camera records on G sensor events, it probably doesn't hurt to record, but I suppose why does it matter if there is no motion in the camera's view. Either way, would be nice to record it anyway, not like it's a problem right?

Medium is still too high on all Panorama products. I suggest using Low. G-Sensor set on High is ok in parking mode but, High or Medium is not suggested while driving. I'm still working with SungMoon on enhancing various behaviors and situations.

Mine is set to low and every single morning on the same road on my way to work I hear a beep when driving on a pretty tight chicane. Worse issues could happen with the X2 to be honest.... In fact, worse things are happening lol

AWWWWWWW MAN !!!! I don't wanna hear this crap !! I just put in an order with Pier28 and all the issues described in this thread are EXACTLY the same i was having with my crappy Cammsys CL-100B cams.... This isn't good.... :mad::mad::mad:

I don't want problems.. i just want a working system... Is that too much to ask ??

Yes these problems exist. Yes it's frustrating, but at least it gets worked on here. Slowly but surely.

Well, compared to the GoPro I was using, so far, I'd pick Panorama X2 again for the following reasons:
cyclic loop
2 channel
viewscreen
GPS
1080p30
This dashcam is working better than what I had before where I had to take the stupid gopro off the mount and erase it every 6 hours of driving or less. So the frustration is substantially less.

Other things could be better, but I suppose it's the industry standard for now (the fact that you can't read the license plates 50 feet away, only 15 ft or less).

To be honest the X2 is the best all arounder out there at the moment in my eyes - yes some of the better A7 & OV4689 cameras may have higher resolutions in the daytime but the X2 still beats them at night and during dusk and dawn plus you get all the parking modes. I'm happier with the X2 since I manually tweaked the focus on it but mine was an early version that was slightly out compared to what Pier28 and Niko sell.

I'm just trying a Lukas camera and it has loads of bells and whistles and some great features like Wi-Fi but as things stand the image quality doesn't match the X2 and it has bugs of it's own.

Just turn the G Sensor to low on your X2 and you should be fine.

I think the X2 highlights issues with cheaper microSD cards because they're only rated for so many write cycles and as you have parking mode running full pelt it will kill off microSD cards long before dashcams that just run when you're driving will do.

I noticed in the Lukas manual they only warranty their SD / microSD media for six months inside a dashcam, and it's one of the reasons I'm trying MLC microSD cards as they cost more, but seem to cause less issues so far.

I'll be honest and say when I used the Samsung Evo cards I had nothing but bother in the X2 but they worked fine in the Mobius and A118.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
As Reverend said, when use cheep sd cards, there are issues. Since i changed mine sd cards a week ago, i haven't had a single lock up or anything what so ever, works flawlessly. By the way i use one of the sd card that come out of the x2 in my x1 and it does not have issues. The x2 is more complicated and i guess require high end memory.

Back